Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#261 Kenshar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

2 questions as one got skipped over.

1. My account says it is being charged twice... Will this be fixed?

2. It was stated earlier that beta invites after this will show a preference for founders members. Do Legendary members have even better odds out of these?

Thanks again for this q and a. It means a lot. :angry:

#262 Valatar

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

Here's a question that actually hasn't been asked yet, as I read the thread before posting! Gasp.

Anyways, the $80 in-game currency, is that C-Bills, or a magical real-money-only currency that isn't possible to earn from shooting things? I'm curious about whether it can buy things that can't be bought with C-Bills, or if the $80 is just to start out with a giant pile of C-Bill cash in the bank.

You gave the example of buying mechs with it, are mechs all that are going to be in that store, or are there other toys like paint jobs, garage slots, XP boosters, etc. also in there?

#263 Petrified

• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in time

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

Well, teaches me to walk away then post. I realized I missed this which sufficiently answers my question.

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

People saying this just arent realizing the value of the mechs. If you buy legendary you will have 4 prime variant mechs which means you already have the start on all 4 mech trees they are a part of.

The lifetime C-Bill booster on all 4 mechs means when your grinding C-Bills you will never not have a mech out of combat you can jump in with.

In short the values are like this

10$ a month on premium accounts and around 15$ value at least on the Founders Mech's which is 170$ value for the 120$

If the mech's dont mean this much to you then perhaps Elite is a better option for you.

#264 Argon3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationTexas

Petrified

It would be nice if the $120 for the Legendary actually gave you more in the way of C -bills than elite.

Yes but it does not

Sure, 4 founders mechs, but what are they?
It is posted on page 10 as specific mechs and has been out in genral form for A LONG TIME
Atlas Catapult Hunchback Jenner

What can we do with them (think customize)?
Just like all the others.....

I want to know that it is fiscally better than simply dropping $60 for the Elite package and then spending $60 additional on C-bills which could buy me more than I am getting in Legendary. Game credit is nice, but not enough to bridge the gap in price.

Then don't buy it

Read before you post people

#265 Wiley Coyote

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Website............refreshing......................slowly.................Can't..................order.................Legendary Founder's pack. (William Shatner School of Acting, can you tell)

Oh well, guess I'll to wait until later tonight to try again. Thank you Russ and everybody at PGI for making a game I want to spend $120 on. Reading through the forum, I think all my questions have been answered except, do you accept Canadian Tire money at all?

#266 Gravaar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationCentral Queensland, Australia

Bit sly not telling about the legendary package, Well Done :angry:

#267 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

View Postcipher, on 19 June 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

Russ, do you not have any more info on the "MWO Legends" 'name in credits' thing for Legendary packages, or did you miss my questions?

On credits

You get your name in the game credits andther will be an option in the from end somewhere to display them

We expect to put your real name in the credits but also hope to include our pilot name in there as well

#268 Bommer

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 83 posts
  • LocationTacoma, Washington

I just want to say "Thanks Russ" for all the effort you are putting in for us. Also, it has to be tough for you to filter through all the posts by people who are too lazy, or to stupid, to read your posted answers to various questions. I truly don't understand why there are so many nearly identical questions asked about the things you've already answered. I'll be celebrating the 44th anniversary of my 21st birthday (65) tomorrow, and need to say "Thanks for the great birthday present!" Keep up your great work, and keep the aspirin handy.

#269 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Russ! Russ! Russ!
*Holds mic up to screen*
If i chose the Catapult for my founders mech, will i be able to change the varient and still retain the C-bill booster and unique look?

#270 Jerrit

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

I tried to order Legendary, but while PayPal said I made a payment, the MWO site said PayPal Express failed payment.

How do I rectify this??

#271 Dazc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

View PostTeralitha, on 19 June 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

Just because legendary players have more money to spend doesnt make them any good at beta testing.

Yes but a person who plonks down $120 on day one for a game they have never seen, and for which a review has never been made is going to be pretty enthusiastic and has an interest in seeing value for their investment.
Rather than some random person who signed up to some beta who was sorta interested.

#272 Fooby

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

View Postfluffycommunist, on 19 June 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

I don't mean to steal a question away but somehow my name didn't capitalize correctly. Will there be any way in the future to modify this name since it makes me look dumb?

I would like to second this question

#273 Aznpersuasion89

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • Locationca

just wanted to say thanks. ive been playing this game since i was a kid and am glad to finally see it get a new life with modern technology. only thing i would like to add is hopefully (legalities aside) more mechs from the series. hopefully the warhammer and other unseen mechs. thanks, SUPER PUMPED!

#274 L Eliminateur

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

i didn't see this answered:

is there going to be a wipe from beta to "final"?, what's going to happen to the C-bills(from founders and playing) and XP accumulated during beta?

#275 Cheveyo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

Just got it ~10 min ago without any probs thank´s

#276 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

Yes the c-bill booster of the founders mech will stack with a premium account

#277 Kamarok

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

Ok, other than posting and seeing the Founder icon, where can I see if my pack was successfully purchased?

#278 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

For the credits, I suggest something like:

Chad 'McDoomswinger' Holmes

#279 Tannis

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

Any way to get a Ticker of what package and how many of each of the packs are being sold?

just wondering how successful the launch of the packs is, as there seems to be a huge amount of server Lag...

T

#280 Squire

• PipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 25 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

On credits

You get your name in the game credits andther will be an option in the from end somewhere to display them

We expect to put your real name in the credits but also hope to include our pilot name in there as well

THANK YOU RUSS AND DEV TEAM!!!!!! their will be much rejoicing...(No minstrals were harmed)....

38 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 38 guests, 0 anonymous users