Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#381 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

We hope to add a gifting system soon but it is not operational yet and I do not have an ETA yet

thank you!

Coffee? asprin? morphine? just kidding appreciate the work

#382 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

View PostRom Sender, on 19 June 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

Would MWO allow a one time founder mech exchange one month after it goes live. Its really hard to pick without playing the game.

No promises yet but were looking into this

#383 Uhlume

Rookie

• 4 posts

Easiest way to tell whether your info got through the blitz is to look at your post on the forums. If so there is a tag below it.

#384 Kittygrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRocking the boat.

How many have sold so far?

#385 Ian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

No I will not take up space or be gimped in any way...

I am glad you won't be Gimped.

#386 Apocryphic

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationJustin, TX

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

Is 'early access' to the open beta or initial post-beta release?

#387 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

Russ Said earlier that the Overall cost for premium membership should be around 10$ Monthly!!!

i see ppl asking the same question about monthly cost so just giving a hand.

#388 ODD JOB

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO

View PostPaladinred, on 19 June 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

This is going to be a Free to Play (F2P) game. Meaning, once your premium runs out, you will still be able to play. You won't, however, get the 50% bonus to C-bills, and exp., that you got with the premium account. That is the primary, if not sole benefit of the premium account.

OK but what will be the monthly charge to keep the premium package after the intial 3 months free are up..just wondering what the monthly output of my cash will be

Thanks

#389 Blackfire1

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,462 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Will everything be C-bills including the cashshop? Or will the CashShop use "Mechbucks"? If the latter what is the exchange rate? Is the reason to sell in-game money simply to break "gold farmers"?

Edited by Blackfire1, 19 June 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#390 Chillybill

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 389 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

I think my purchase finally went through, still confused about chosing a mech, I haven't had the opportunity but some keep talking about having choase theirs, still haven't had the question answered if I have the option (when I get the chance) to chose now or can I wait and can it be changed if i am unhappy with my choice?
Also it was my understanding that with purchase of founders pack that the bonus boost lasted for the life of the product not the life of my premium account, by reading below if correct I lose my C-bill and Exp bonus if the premium account is not continued

View PostPaladinred, on 19 June 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

This is going to be a Free to Play (F2P) game. Meaning, once your premium runs out, you will still be able to play. You won't, however, get the 50% bonus to C-bills, and exp., that you got with the premium account. That is the primary, if not sole benefit of the premium account.

#391 Radec

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

View PostRobert Rogers, on 19 June 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

I was pretty sure, I'd buy the Elite Pack, but now you are offering something even more expensive: Legendary.
You already answered almost all of the questions, I had in mind, but two:

I can't decide between Atlas and Catapult, would like to get these 2 out of the 4 Mechs offered with Elite.
But I don't want to shell out 120$ and get 2 Mechs I don't want.

- How about offering Elite Founders the chance, to buy a second Mech with the special Paint Job & C-Bill Booster?

and

If after EU-Launch I want to stay on the NA-Server with my Founder Mech, but my friends all transfer theirs to the new Server.
- Can I open a second Account on EU, to play with my Friends?
- Same question, only this time I'd like to transfer my Founder Account on EU and still play on NA-Servers sometimes?

it was mentioned earlier that there is the option for a one time account transfer to the EU server (keeping all of your progress and cash), or you can stay on the NA server. I myself am from the UK so when that opportunity comes i will be transfering :D

#392 Jonneh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

View PostChillybill, on 19 June 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

I think my purchase finally went through, still confused about chosing a mech, I haven't had the opportunity but some keep talking about having choase theirs, still haven't had the question answered if I have the option (when I get the chance) to chose now or can I wait and can it be changed if i am unhappy with my choice?
Also it was my understanding that with purchase of founders pack that the bonus boost lasted for the life of the product not the life of my premium account, by reading below if correct I lose my C-bill and Exp bonus if the premium account is not continued

You bought Legendary - that means you get all four mechs.

The bonus on the Founder Mechs and the bonus on the premium account are not the same. They are separate bonuses which stack, and only the 3 months of premium account status will "run out". The 25% bonus on the mech stays forever.

Edited by Jonneh, 19 June 2012 - 12:25 PM.

#393 Crazy Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 152 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Russ can you let me know when your done answering questions so I can stop compiling the more pertinent info for the most part not related to billing/founders status here:

http://mwomercs.com/...qa-compilation/

hehe :D

Edited by Crazy Canuck, 19 June 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#394 Joe Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 205 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

View PostTeralitha, on 19 June 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

Russ you may end up getting alot more founders than you bargained for....eh

With so many player founders having a huge advantage over new players that join later... I hope you have a system in place by then to separate the new players from the old in the form of fair matchmaking so noobs wont be discouraged to keep playing when getting horribly owned by old players who are far advantaged from better equipment and skill trees....

It's always been like this, how many times have you been schooled by a 10 year old because he spends every waking minute on a game server, either you live with it, get better, or invest more time.

#395 Riin Suul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

is it possible to gift one of these packs to a friend? I looked but couldn't find an option.

#396 Sierra19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

I saw several people asking about a Beta soft/hard wipe. The last information I read was that when all of the Founder's package owners get into Beta on Aug 7th, there will be no more wipes, hence why the premium account and other goodies kick in.

#397 General Panties

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

If you have a founder mech, does it still earn the xp & c-bill bonus if you let your account go to free from premium? or does the bonus of the founder mech only take place while account is premium?

#398 Nikoliy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 245 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

View PostRiin Suul, on 19 June 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

is it possible to gift one of these packs to a friend? I looked but couldn't find an option.

already answered earlier in this post

#399 Diligent Gravy

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 62 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

Russ: Sorry to pester not sure what I should do in this case.... I apparently have two authorized payments for a legendary founders pack and only need one of them.... I would rather not pay an extra 120 dollars if I possible. Is there anything that can be done here?

Thanks!
\
DG

#400 FroBanger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 183 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

Dear Russ, I know this a bit off the wall question. But do the founders get SOMTHING to play with? A mech lab or somthing fun that can keep us sane for the slightly less then 2 months of waiting we will be going through? I'd be happy with just a slightly funtional mech bay where I can just stare at the mechs for hours as months pass me buy untill open beta

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users