65 replies to this topic

#61 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:07 AM

[quote name='"Aahzmandeus"]So' date=' is my hunch that in the current meta the LBX build is possibly, but sucks, correct? Just judging by the sheer amounts of sniper builds I received here.[/quote']Depends on what you are going for. If you, like most, are focused on your kill/death ratio then yes the LB 10-X is less than optimal. If you are going for damage then LB 10-X ranks in the top three over ten seconds (using my average accuracy) after AC20 and UAC5. AC20 currently evaluates to26.9, UAC5 24.31, and LB 10-X 23.58 where accuracy calculates from the number of rounds fired (using factual rates-of-fire) compared to those that hit times the damage those hits produced, and calculated for 10 seconds continuous fire.

fyi: I rate AC10 at 17.35, AC 5 at 16.86, and AC 2 at 15.9.

Limiting factors that argue for the LBX are mostly the ammo weight of the AC20 and the tendency to jam for the UAC5 (which can be obviated by using chain fire on a deuce or more.

Before the recent stat wipe I was using data gathered from something like 10,000 matches since launch but in that time the weapons went through quite a bit of balancing and adjustment. In that data set there was a strong suggestion that the AC2 is the most undervalued of currently available weaponry, surpassed only by the AC20 over ten seconds. These current values are based on very limited data sets since the stat wipe Tuesday.

Edited by OriginalTibs, 21 March 2014 - 04:09 AM.

#62 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:43 AM

View PostAahzmandeus, on 20 March 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

Thank you, now I have this down with the heat. Very interesting.

Meanwhile, I am fiddling around with recording videos.

Here is the first one.Usual damage, and some brawling. I would appreciate comments in regard to quality and, obviously, gameplay mistakes I made.

I will, at some point, I will start commenting them, too.

On this ocassion, thank you again to all contributors of the topic. You got me this far :D

Linky: http://youtu.be/Pu8-lxkdcUA

First off, glad you've stuck around! NICE heat management. You rode the line right up to the end, well done! Definitely noticed the 'follow the fracking Atlas' technique starting out. :lol:

Thoughts for improvement? The 'R' key. Use it. Love it. I think the only 'mech you actually targeted that whole match while you were firing at it was the Commando. Not only will targeting what you're shooting allow you to see what is already damaged and allow you to be more efficient with where you're putting your shots, it'll give you their loadout!

When you charged that Highlander at the end? You'd have known he'd be raining LRM's down on your head. You could have torso twisted to save some of your CT armor.

Also, making battlefield choices. When you first noticed the Shadowhawk, you ignored it and turned back around. Your minimap showed only one other mech in the area to fight it, with the rest of your team ALL moving away from that pair of flankers. I'd have jumped on that Shadowhawk a little sooner (though you eventually turned to chase the wolverine!) Letting a pair of flankers run around unchecked in your backfield when you're in a position to do something about it can be disastrous! Luckily, you pulled through admirably :ph34r:

Nice video, good job.

Edited by Ghost Badger, 21 March 2014 - 05:46 AM.

#63 Ion Punch

• Pip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

Thank you for the reviews - I now have a "use R" post it stuck to my monitor :-)

I definetely agree with the fact that the two flankers had their way with us there. Sadly, this is a little bit what PUGs are about - had there been not two, but four flankers (a lance), I am sure we would have lost the match. But, alas.

Originaltibs: thank you for the number crunching. For now, I have given up on the LBX - simply for financial reasons. I do plan to make an LBX mech once I have the funds.

Meanwhile, I have made 5 mills and have the atlas DDC in the garage. I really like the mech concept. And I like how people tend to group up with an Atlas - hardly any other mech in the game has this nice crowd control bonus.

So for now, I am fiddling around with builds. I am positive that I want a "protector" build. Basically, I want to be an EMS/AMS batman style mech with something to do at every range. What do you guys think about this build?

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7e75f04e85e8bdf

The LRM gives me something to do in those early game stand offs where people feel each other out. The two large lazzors and the AC20 lets me be nasty at medium to short distance. The idea is to take a flank, have a few guys grouped with me and slowly move forward and press on the enemy - all while offering the team ECM/AMS. Alternatevely, I can just sit in the middle of the team, let the ECM/AMS work and hit the LRM button whenever something pops up on map. When the big clustercluck starts I am on the frontline or second line making holes with the lasers and the AC20.

The armor is toned down (too much?) and I am not at all sure how the heat will be on this guy. Comments?

Edited by Aahzmandeus, 22 March 2014 - 09:37 AM.

#64 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

You need way more armor, especially in the legs and torsos. AMS ammo too much and AC20 ammo too little, while LRM 20 maybe you'd want to try and load on triple LRM10 or similar to spam the missiles. Up to you though, it's not bad weaponry wise.

#65 Ion Punch

• Pip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:21 AM

Thanks luxebo. I cannot seem to be able to fit triple LRM10 in a meaningful way. I did drop some AMS ammo and jacked up the armor a bit, though.

Meanwhile, more Ilya Muromets reports from the battlefield. Flanking does wonders. Also, the terrain system and low arm placement scores a good amount of facepalm moments.

For me, this summarizes this particular build. Be close to the frontline, help pound targets down. Be ready to flank and peel. I have a ridiculous amount of ammo and I use it freely to just scare mechs away even when the distances are very high and damage is minimal.

I will be now moving on to a "sniper" Muromets and will work on finishing the Atlas.

Edited by Aahzmandeus, 23 March 2014 - 03:19 AM.

#66 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:09 AM

Nice video. Though, I prefer the near-stock-Ilya, a bit more reliable. Again, personal preference.

Slip this in for Atlas input.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users