115 replies to this topic

#21 GingerPig

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

Ok thank you. For the moment I'll get an early night an hope this gets sorted by tomorrow evening. If not I'll attempt setting up a proxy.

#22 James DeGriz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 374 posts
  • LocationRainham, Kent UK

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:54 PM

I'm with Plusnet as well, for the record. Those IP addresses are definitely something I'll keep a note of; very useful. Thanks guys.

#23 GingerPig

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:45 AM

Still no change this morning :-(

#24 martino2k6

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 96 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:33 AM

View PostGingerPig, on 27 February 2014 - 01:45 AM, said:

Still no change this morning :-(

Have you tried powering off the modem for a couple of minutes and then powering it on again? I haven't tried since I'm at work, but given the information you found the maintenance should be over.

#25 GingerPig

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:30 AM

View Postmartino2k6, on 27 February 2014 - 03:33 AM, said:

Have you tried powering off the modem for a couple of minutes and then powering it on again? I haven't tried since I'm at work, but given the information you found the maintenance should be over.

That would make sense as I was trying to sort out a proxy server and the game client wouldn't load. So before I lost all hope I tried once more and it worked!!! I think it was due to maintenance by Plusnet. Seems to coincidental that those of us who couldn't log in are with them and they were running maintenance.

Might see you on the battlefield soon!

#26 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:38 AM

I have this error occuring aswell, tried all the repair, reboot (pc and router), except for a complete re-install.

Incidently im not in the UK but in Denmark.
Everything but MWO works fine, though the MWOmercs.com site loads incredibly slow today ( no issue on other sites though )

#27 Flank

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:07 AM

I'm back in! Woo-yeh!

I reset my router just now and all is good.

Resets didn't help yesterday or the day before, so I guess it was something to do with the now completed Plusnet works afterall.

Now do excuse me, I have a burning bloodlust that has gone unquenched for too long... to Battle!!!

#28 Furey663

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6 posts
  • LocationChester, UK

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

View PostFlank, on 27 February 2014 - 06:07 AM, said:

I'm back in! Woo-yeh!

I reset my router just now and all is good.

Resets didn't help yesterday or the day before, so I guess it was something to do with the now completed Plusnet works afterall.

Now do excuse me, I have a burning bloodlust that has gone unquenched for too long... to Battle!!!

Plusnet have been upgrading their Broadband gateways, so this could account for the issue. I am also with Plusnet and am still getting the issue with MWO, although everything else runs fine. Based in Chester.

#29 CSHubert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 408 posts
  • LocationDenmark -Northern Europe

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:22 AM

View PostPoptimus Rhyme, on 27 February 2014 - 05:38 AM, said:

I have this error occuring aswell, tried all the repair, reboot (pc and router), except for a complete re-install.

Incidently im not in the UK but in Denmark.
Everything but MWO works fine, though the MWOmercs.com site loads incredibly slow today ( no issue on other sites though )

In Denmark too... MWO game works (ok-ish) with annoying lag spikes. But MWO site has been unreacheable to me since yeserday untill I got a CyberGhost setup. And it is slow as hell...

#30 nephilimUK

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 31 posts
  • LocationEssex, UK

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

just back from business trip and couldnt log in, rebooted router yet again and i'm in :D

i'm with plusnet as well so must have been their gateways

#31 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

OK - sounds like I have the same problem here from the UK. Haven't been able to get past the splash screen on launching a match for two days. Testing grounds is OK. This is with BT internet. Frustrating!

#32 WildBeyond

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:47 AM

I have the same problem trying to log in last night. I am with Plus.net but not in the areas affected by the recent maintenance.

From the looks of things it verifies my account settings, if I enter a made up username or incorrect password I do get a notification of this. It's like it's timing out once it's authenticated trying to connect to their servers.

I will check again when I get home from work this evening. I have also logged a support incident with Plus.net.

#33 TCUTONE

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:58 AM

Hi,
I am in the UK and PlusNet is my ISP, I have got the same "network error has occurred" message all day yesterday (27th Feb) and today (28th Feb).

I have rebooted both computer and modem several times, made sure my AV/firewall is allowing MWO traffic and I still can't log on any play.

I have raised a ticket with PlusNet and they have not responded as yet.

Maybe its time to find another ISP!

#34 WildBeyond

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

No joy for me either today and no response from Plus.net yet. I will post an update if and when I get one.

#35 GingerPig

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

I spoke to Plusnet and they were running maintenance. I got on last night and everything was fine until this evening... the same issue is back again. Not sure if Plusnet are running maintenance again though... so frustrating!

#36 TCUTONE

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:22 AM

Well, if PlusNet respond to me, I will post it here. We can compare what they say to each of us.

#37 GingerPig

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostTCUTONE, on 28 February 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

Well, if PlusNet respond to me, I will post it here. We can compare what they say to each of us.

I spoke to them on the phone the other night and there appeared to be no issues with my connection.

I am also in contact with MWO support.

So we shall see what happens.

#38 Ixis

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 36 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

Damn looks like for the Brits at least its down to plusnet maintenance causing the issue as I'm with them as well,just tried logging in to MWO and once more getting the same connection error notice,I'll try restarting my router when the wifes bingo game finishes ;)

#39 GingerPig

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

Back up again... ;)

#40 WildBeyond

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:33 AM

I have managed to log in!

No reply from Plus.net as yet but it must have been them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users