Clan Invasion Event! All Players Welcome! 22 March 2014

96 replies to this topic

#41 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

View PostPeiper, on 26 February 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

Posted Image

The Clans are Invading the Lyran Commonwealth!

The best Clan lances will be looking to drop against the best House Steiner lances. House Steiner is calling for support from the rest of the Inner Sphere to repel the invasion and push these eugenic abominations back beyond the periphery where they belong. Hosted by the House Steiner HUB and Clan Wolf, this competition will be in two sessions, one in the European evening, and one in the American evening. Each session will consist of 10 lance drops. There is no limit to the number of Inner Sphere or Clan lances fighting in this event. At the end of every match, the lance leader will report to the scorekeepers. The information gathered by the scorekeepers will be used to determine who the best lances are, and ultimately which faction wins the event!

How to prepare? We can't let these Clan invaders wipe out our way of life. You should create a lance and practice with them. It doesn't matter if you are dropping with your unit, a mixed lance, or a completely lone wolf lance. At the beginning of the event, you will declare whether you will be fighting for the Inner Sphere or the Clans. Be ready to commit around two and a half hours for each segment of the event, though I'd prepare to be there a few minutes early to hear the speeches beforehand and a few minutes afterward to hear the scores. You can participate in one or both segments. They are scored independently of each other.

Each lance will be lead by a lance leader, and will be scored under the name of that lance leader. So, whoever the lance leader is, they should be there a few minutes early and expect to stay the entire event. If a lance leader quits partway through, that lance is forfeit. At the beginning of the event, we will give orders to all the lance leader on how their lances will participate. Experience has shown us that the whole competition will take two to two-and-a-half hours to complete. There will not be any weight or mech restrictions, so newer players can take whatever they can field.

When?

Saturday, March 22, 2014.

What time?

The afternoon session begins at 19:30GMT (2:30pmEST) This time is specifically set up for our European friends, but all can participate.

The evening session begins at 8:30pm EST.

BE THERE EARLY!!

Where?

House Steiner Teamspeak! TS1.housesteiner.com

Loser buys the beer!

Scoring:
Complete scoring details will only be revealed at the end of the event in an attempt to prevent exploitation.

Scorekeepers: Star Colonel Erich Peiper, Khan Hell Hound Wallace

Clan LANCES? And why would Clan Wolf-in-Exile be attacking the Lyrans? What the hell is going on here? :)

#42 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 27 February 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

How about No Negative losers who insist on taking the fun out of the event, in allowed to drop with us.

Now now... that's not a nice thing to say about the Clans...

View PostNathan K, on 02 March 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

Clan LANCES? And why would Clan Wolf-in-Exile be attacking the Lyrans? What the hell is going on here? :)

They aren't exiled yet?

#43 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

hAAHAHA funny clanker invasion in IS mechs.
Love it.

#44 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

Just posted this to the 1st Rasalhague Hussars, we'll see how many lances we can field for this event.

#45 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:18 PM

Just forwarded this to the Cluster. Will see how much interest the Nova Cats have.

#46 Laconicus

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 37 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:51 PM

No matter what the result or fallout, great idea and concept. Events like these really go a long way in getting the community together and focussing on the fun and creating new stories in rivaleries betwwen in game groups. Good Luck and have fun.
As to the haters sure its not pefect but its a start and getting a start is the most important thing here.

#47 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

9th Sword of the Dragon should have a lance or two on to fight. I'll let the boys know.

#48 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 26 February 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

Actually they aren't a faction, but he can exist because the Grey Death Legion is actually one of the first units to successfully defend a planet from the Clans.

Well this is painting a slightly inaccurate picture?

Gray Death Legion lost Sudeten against the Jade Falcons and only got off planet because the Sudeten militia sacrificed themselves so the Legion could get to their dropships. That was Sept 3050.

After that Wolcott was defended, and Luthien, and Tukayyid, Grey Death Legion was at none of those. Twycross was retaken too. (admittably that was roughly 6 to one odds against the Falcons, excluding the 600+ tanks and thousands of infantry, and it was still a close run)

They did defend Pandora after the Truce and they had received substantial amounts of new tech.

So not to knock them, but lets not paint them as some great unbeatable force.

They took some knocks like every one else, benefitted from the sacrifices of others and new technology and then won a significant victory with those advantages.

#49 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:39 AM

If possible, Clan Nova Cat would like to submit at least two lances of warriors, with a possibility for three or even four. We have the numbers. We have the touch. We have the pow-ahhhhhhhh.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 10 March 2014 - 06:28 AM.

#50 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 10 March 2014 - 05:39 AM, said:

If possible, Clan Nova Cat would like to submit at least two lances of warriors, with a possibility for three or even four. We have the numbers. We have the touch. We have the pow-ahhhhhhhh.

Of course! The more, the merrier!

#51 QuimMorius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

25th Skye Rangers, 1st Battalion will participate with one lance of our finest players, see you all on Saturday next week!

Free Skye! o7

#52 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

View PostCraig Steele, on 08 March 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

After that Wolcott was defended, and Luthien, and Tukayyid, Grey Death Legion was at none of those. Twycross was retaken too. (admittably that was roughly 6 to one odds against the Falcons, excluding the 600+ tanks and thousands of infantry, and it was still a close run)

LOL! Oh god I love this! :rolleyes:

Clan Wolf loses the Trial of Refusal to Invade because they were out numbered 4-1: "The odds don't matter, they lost and it shows that they are weak!"

Clan Jade Falcon loses the battle of Twycross: "But look at the odds they had to face!"

This is just too funny! :)

#53 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

View PostNathan K, on 10 March 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

LOL! Oh god I love this! :rolleyes:

Clan Wolf loses the Trial of Refusal to Invade because they were out numbered 4-1: "The odds don't matter, they lost and it shows that they are weak!"

Clan Jade Falcon loses the battle of Twycross: "But look at the odds they had to face!"

This is just too funny! :)

LOL, what's your point?

Jade Falcon loss and I clearly acknowledge this. They did face odds of 6+ to 1.

In the other thread I say the same thing, Clan Wolf faced 4 - 1 odds and lost.

It is Wolf fanboys that say hey because they lost against 4 to one odds they were really winners that I have an issue. The fact is, both sides lost.

Something I don't dispute.

So keep laughing it up with your tangent arguments to try and confuse the point you cannot counter. Go for it.

#54 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

Go easy on em Steele :)

#55 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

Sooooo the Clankers are invading in IS mechs?
Hahahaha funny.

#56 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 10 March 2014 - 08:57 PM, said:

Sooooo the Clankers are invading in IS mechs?
Hahahaha funny.

Clankers, I don't think I've heard that before :)

#57 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:13 AM

This has been posted on the MUX forums as well, so we might have a presence in this fight if we can drag enough of our pilots out of the bingo halls and resthomes (hard to do when it's pudding night and Matlock is on the TV ya know) in order to wave our mechs' canes angrily at the young'uns and shout at them to get off our lawn! ;)

#58 Goose Igaly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

Team Cortez Merc Corps is looking to have 2 lances representing Steiner in the tournament. We are, however, expecting a bonus if we bring home the gold.

#59 The Blood God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 233 posts
  • Locationchester england

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:46 AM

hey super noob here been playing MWO since october 2013 in fact that's how long I've been PC gaming. would love to take part in this event just one problem don't know how to use team speak!! may be shoulda said super uber noob here

can some one please explain how i find a relevant voip or team speak server/channel/any body playing mech warrior!!! i'm guessing its seriously simple just never done it before.

getting board of typing in game or having no coms with my team and getting really board of being part of a suicide lance that doesn't work together and effectively looses the game for the team , is it possible to get a list up of every one playing mech warrior and just join some body or do i have to lick digital balls to get a password to join a thing or what !!

sorry for being so thick please e-mail your digital balls to:-
thisisapisstake@
MWO inner sphincter
baconsvill
PO box AAA LRMS
Run Away!!!

so i can lick em and have a team to play with, alternatively just post me a link to a handy video or type some instructions that even ya nan could follow cheers dudesons

P.S. i can get the server list up on team speak (yeah i know thats not hard) but don't know how to find and join one that's got people playing MWO

Edited by thisisapisstake, 14 March 2014 - 11:27 AM.

#60 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

View Postthisisapisstake, on 14 March 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

so i can lick em and have a team to play with,

Might want to take a different approach. We are not the Word of Blake jihadists. I think I speak for both the Clans and the Inner Sphere forces here. There will be no ----licking at our tournaments or in our units.

For the rest of you out there, who are in this game for blowing stuff up and not simply blowing stuff, here's a video I found in a youtube search on how to set up and run teamspeak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MfxnKP5FdE

Be sure you set up your push-to-talk button before you go into a teamspeak. Some are voice activated, and some not. The Steiner HUB uses both depending on the channel.

If you're looking for a teamspeak server, rather than using the TSViewer as described in the video, I recommend checking out this list: http://mwomercs.com/...e-chat-servers/

The Clan Invasion event is a week away. That might give you enough time to get into a unit, or find a group of fellow ----lickers that would like to drop with you in our event. Most servers are very friendly and open, as everyone is working hard to build up their units in anticipation of community warfare or already are set up for the current competitive leagues. And don't worry about feeling like a new player. We all were new once and everyone understands that. You'll learn MUCH faster in a group than not in a group.

Alternatively, here's a thread on how to set up teamspeak: http://mwomercs.com/...fo-for-newbies/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users