Mech Jumpwarrior Online

79 replies to this topic

#1 Steel your Life

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:52 AM

This game has gotten so out of control with the jump jet and fire technique that the game is almost no fun to play.

The only reason I have been able to hold out this long is because the only people that did the JJ and fire meta crap were the premade 4 or 12 mans. Now unfortunately everyone is doing it pro and pug making the game so far from anything that feels like a true mech warrior experience.

When I play a match now all I see is a bunch of jumping, bounding, floating mechs bouncing about like its a video game version of the moon landing. This game is a horrible realization of the once proud mech warrior franchise, an unholy money making abomination to everything mech warrior. This is like Disney getting ahold of star wars and making a new star wars film by Disney.....(WHAT?! that's really not a joke its happening...) It would seem artistic integrity is a thing of the past and brand name games sell out faster than popular sports stars. PGI you were never known for anything in the past now you shall ever be remembered in the future for destroying one of the last sacred and most awaited franchises on the PC.

Mechs run around jumping all over the place at ridiculous speeds, mechs go down in a matter of seconds like its a mech warrior version of Call of Duty, its a bad arcade game and im the chump sticking quarters in the slot. Games are stupid one sided stomps because mechs die so fast no one can react to changing battle positions you just step in the wrong place and your gone. THERE IS NO VOICE CHAT!!!

So this is in the balance section because you need t fix the above mentioned problems.

P.S PGI It really should tell you something when the most posts on your forum are under the game balance category. Most mmos the General discussion category has the most posts.

Anyway PGI I hope my money catches fire in the back seat of your car as you drive to the bank.

Edited by Steel your Life, 04 March 2014 - 12:58 AM.

#2 lsp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:55 AM

I play non JJ mechs all the time and Don't always "lose". Infact my CTF 4x and ilya both have above a 2.0 kdr. The game is far from unplayable. "Mechs go down in a matter of seconds" you and me must be playing a different game. The only time someone goes down in seconds is if they are shot in the back. Or go solo yolo into a entire lance. Or don't know how to torso twist and just face hug people.

Edited by lsp, 04 March 2014 - 01:00 AM.

#3 Steel your Life

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:59 AM

yea ur right you can load the game and hit launch and it plays!!! I guess it is playable my bad. I reworded the post so that people wont get hung up on 3 out of 500 words ok?

#4 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:02 AM

JJs are part of mechwarrior. It is not supposed to be slow moving land battleships only. The main problem at the moment is how effective one jump jet is. And that is changing in the patch tomorrow.

#5 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:07 AM

JJ-capable mechs are only dominant because people who complain about them the most actually help them the most.

Brawler mech with SRMs, LBXs and SLs/MLs is always gonna win a close range fight vs same chassis with PPCs/ERLLs/ACs. But it needs to be at that close range. Most people are too afraid to push and instigate a brawl. There are many reasons for it, mostly lack of self-confidence and lack of faith in your team, filled with random people who lack self-confidence themselves. A team of brawlers on comms WILL beat an equally skilled team of snipers on comms 10 times out of 10 provided they can get withing 300m range before taking any significant damage. Now, most maps provide an opportunity to do so, but not all, and not everywhere. In PUG matches without any communication it is FAR easier to focus fire when you got jump-snipers or just sniper builds, you just stay in same spot and shoot whatever comes into line of sight first, while if your team is full of brawlers, its much harder to focus fire as there are pretty much always multiple targets when you are within brawler range.

Jump-sniping is not dominant by default, it is MADE dominant by lack of communication in PUG matches.

#6 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:08 AM

View PostSteel your Life, on 04 March 2014 - 12:52 AM, said:

This game has gotten so out of control with the jump jet and fire technique that the game is almost no fun to play.

The only reason I have been able to hold out this long is because the only people that did the JJ and fire meta crap were the premade 4 or 12 mans. Now unfortunately everyone is doing it pro and pug making the game so far from anything that feels like a true mech warrior experience.

When I play a match now all I see is a bunch of jumping, bounding, floating mechs bouncing about like its a video game version of the moon landing. This game is a horrible realization of the once proud mech warrior franchise, an unholy money making abomination to everything mech warrior. This is like Disney getting ahold of star wars and making a new star wars film by Disney.....(WHAT?! that's really not a joke its happening...) It would seem artistic integrity is a thing of the past and brand name games sell out faster than popular sports stars. PGI you were never known for anything in the past now you shall ever be remembered in the future for destroying one of the last sacred and most awaited franchises on the PC.

Mechs run around jumping all over the place at ridiculous speeds, mechs go down in a matter of seconds like its a mech warrior version of Call of Duty, its a bad arcade game and im the chump sticking quarters in the slot. Games are stupid one sided stomps because mechs die so fast no one can react to changing battle positions you just step in the wrong place and your gone. THERE IS NO VOICE CHAT!!!

So this is in the balance section because you need t fix the above mentioned problems.

P.S PGI It really should tell you something when the most posts on your forum are under the game balance category. Most mmos the General discussion category has the most posts.

Anyway PGI I hope my money catches fire in the back seat of your car as you drive to the bank.

Posted Image
qq thread.
ggyouronignore.

#7 Osric Lancaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:09 AM

^ ^ ^ Was it entirely necessary to quote the entirety of OP's text? I have the strangest compulsion to drink that man's tears. . .

View PostSteel your Life, on 04 March 2014 - 12:52 AM, said:

When I play a match now all I see is a bunch of jumping, bounding, floating mechs bouncing about like its a video game version of the moon landing.

It's pretty clear that OP has never played in a jump jet 'Mech. Jump jets are anemic and terrible in MWO relative to every single other incarnation of Mechwarrior. Ever.

If you're dieing too fast, then chances are you are chargin' in Rambo style and getting focused down. If you aren't hangin' with your team or running a fast spotter or in behind a light wolf-pack you should reconsider that strategy. Beyond that we could give you advice if you asked for it proper. The new player help forum is good for this.

Edited by Osric Lancaster, 04 March 2014 - 01:15 AM.

#8 Steel your Life

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:12 AM

I don't care if its a qq thread the game meta is stupid the way the mechs move is stupid its so stupid THE GUY WHO INVENTED BATTLE TECH HAS A PETITION OUT TO TAKE THE RIGHTS AWAY FROM PGI SO COUNTER THAT YOU LEGENDARY FOUNDER NO LIFE 1000 POST FAN BOYS!!!

#9 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:13 AM

View PostSteel your Life, on 04 March 2014 - 01:12 AM, said:

I don't care if its a qq thread the game meta is stupid the way the mechs move is stupid its so stupid THE GUY WHO INVENTED BATTLE TECH HAS A PETITION OUT TO TAKE THE RIGHTS AWAY FROM PGI SO COUNTER THAT YOU LEGENDARY FOUNDER NO LIFE 1000 POST FAN BOYS!!!

Posted Image

#10 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:30 AM

View PostOsric Lancaster, on 04 March 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

^ ^ ^ Was it entirely necessary to quote the entirety of OP's text? I have the strangest compulsion to drink that man's tears. . .

Yes, adds more impact for the comedic effect.

#11 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:32 AM

jj mechs work.

Here are you options if you want to play and get within 250m of someone.

A: Don't, Snipe, never get to close to anyone
B: light mech, run 150 kph
C: Assault mech with other assaults.
D: JJ mech moving around 100kph
E: Die in few seconds. with any other mech

#12 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:39 AM

JJs are part of mechwarrior.

Absolutely but mechs with JJ shouldnt be better than mechs without JJ.

JJs need to have a downside and currently they dont.

#13 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:42 AM

View PostKhobai, on 04 March 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

They shouldn't be that much better than a mech without them no.

#14 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:45 AM

View PostKhobai, on 04 March 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

Oh they have.... in case of my Heavy Meatal its 11% of its total weight - and the jump widht is laughable - with all those artifical hills and rocks and over sizede buildings its impossible to do anything but pop tarting with them (i would throw them out - but with 10t and 5 crits its impossible to build anything else - oh and a Highlander with out Jump Jets is no Highlander...

As you see - I'm not a poptarter - i would even say - that I was one of those who was opposed to the changes to JumpJets in Januar/Februar 2013.... i used very successfull 4 JJs on my pract 3D - for repositioning...(shooting a Stalker from above was the best thing i ever have seen)

#15 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:51 AM

Oh they have.... in case of my Heavy Meatal its 11% of its total weight

That's not really a downside since assaults have plenty of tonnage to spare. The Highlander has more than enough tonnage for weapons, armor, and jumpjets.

An actual downside would be something similar to what's been imposed on the Catapult. The Catapult has -2 hardpoints compared to most other heavies because it has jumpjets. Just like the Catapult, the Highlander/Victor should get at least -2 hardpoints/modules compared to other assaults.

#16 Squirtbox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:57 AM

View PostKhobai, on 04 March 2014 - 02:51 AM, said:

That's not really a downside since assaults have plenty of tonnage to spare. The Highlander has more than enough tonnage for weapons, armor, and jumpjets.

An actual downside would be something similar to what's been imposed on the Catapult. The Catapult has -2 hardpoints compared to most other heavies because it has jumpjets. Just like the Catapult, the Highlander/Victor should get at least -2 hardpoints/modules compared to other assaults.

It would be nice if the heat they generated made an actually impact. Most of the time I don't even notice the 'heat' JJs generate considering you are essentially shooting a flamethrower out of your mechbutt. It probably wouldn't make a huge difference but forcing poptarts to wait even a second or two longer between shots could make it a bit easier to close on them.

#17 Reptilizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 523 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:01 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 04 March 2014 - 01:07 AM, said:

*snip*
Brawler mech with SRMs, LBXs and SLs/MLs is always gonna win a close range fight vs same chassis with PPCs/ERLLs/ACs. But it needs to be at that close range. Most people are too afraid to push and instigate a brawl. There are many reasons for it, mostly lack of self-confidence and lack of faith in your team, filled with random people who lack self-confidence themselves. A team of brawlers on comms WILL beat an equally skilled team of snipers on comms 10 times out of 10 provided they can get withing 300m range before taking any significant damage.
*snip*

Ummmmm, no.
We had this also discussed in a few other threads.
Spread damage (SRM/LBX) also loses the brawl versus pinpoint damage as long as the people can aim at least a little.
There is no real advantage to the "Brawler weapons" at the moment.

#18 Dyson Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 178 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia, Australia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:13 AM

View PostSteel your Life, on 04 March 2014 - 01:12 AM, said:

I think you REALLY need to get your facts straight, the creator of the petition is "Chris Ulrich" (whom I am assuming is a player butthurt about the direction the game is going in), not Jordan Weisman or L. Ross Babcock III (who are the ACTUAL creators of BattleTech).

Edit: See, countered ;)

Edited by Dyson Ring, 04 March 2014 - 03:17 AM.

#19 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:15 AM

View PostSteel your Life, on 04 March 2014 - 12:59 AM, said:

yea ur right you can load the game and hit launch and it plays!!! I guess it is playable my bad. I reworded the post so that people wont get hung up on 3 out of 500 words ok?

You don't like the tactic. We get it. I don't use Jump Jets, I have a positive winning record. Someone pops up to shoot me, I mumble 'Pull' And go about killing them.

#20 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:18 AM

View PostReptilizer, on 04 March 2014 - 03:01 AM, said:

Ummmmm, no.
We had this also discussed in a few other threads.
Spread damage (SRM/LBX) also loses the brawl versus pinpoint damage as long as the people can aim at least a little.
There is no real advantage to the "Brawler weapons" at the moment.

What if I tell you that at 50m range LBX and SRMs also do pinpoint damage? What if I tell you that other brawler weapons (AC-20, MPLs, etc.) always do pinpoint damage? And what if I tell you that sustained DPS on LBX/SRM builds is about three times as much compared to current AC5-PPC meta combo?

ERPPCs are too hot for anything more than 1 shot in 10 seconds in a brawl, and PPCs are 0 damage within 90m. 'Meta' in a brawl is down to either 1 Gauss or 2 AC5s or 2 jamming UAC5s, while a brawler mech can have 2-4 SRM6 packs, 3LBXs, 3AC10s, whatever really, with 2-4 times more DPS.

As long as your brawler is doing at least 70kph and knows what he is doing, 'meta' stands no chance up close.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users