Russ went on NGNG and looked like fool

par for the course

#42 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

So, I don't hate achievements. I think it's a perfectly fine addition to the game.

It's just once again an addition that does not change the game at all.

It's still the same crap. And it certainly won't make me play more or less.

It just is.

#43 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostBlackBeltJones, on 16 March 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

I primarily play 'Smurfy' these days and only use MWO to occasionally validate my Smurfy gameplay.

It makes me pine for a hidden mini-game in there... just to pass the time while UI 2.0 is slowing down my mech building through memorization instead of through naturally logical design and intuitiveness.

Edited by Deathlike, 16 March 2014 - 11:16 AM.

#44 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

[redacted]

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 16 March 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

So, I don't hate achievements. I think it's a perfectly fine addition to the game.

It just is.

[redacted] no seriously you and deathlike have something in common. We all saw the plan for 2014 so there is no reason to bash them for making an achievement system. Its reasonable for them to want to put more content in the game while waiting for the progress of CW. the achievement system wasn't made to make you play more or less, its just something that will help players along the way and reward for small task. Breathe negativity into your own world but there is no need for it here.

Edited by miSs, 17 March 2014 - 11:36 AM.

#45 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

It was my impression PGI just might get their $hit together by releasing smurfylab in ~1 month or so. Epic fail even with PGI's standards.

#46 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 16 March 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

[redacted] no seriously you and deathlike have something in common. We all saw the plan for 2014 so there is no reason to bash them for making an achievement system. Its reasonable for them to want to put more content in the game while waiting for the progress of CW. the achievement system wasn't made to make you play more or less, its just something that will help players along the way and reward for small task. Breathe negativity into your own world but there is no need for it here.

So my saying I don't hate achievements and they are a fine addition to the game really pissed you off huh?

Sorry, I didn't realize how easy it was for you to burst a blood vessel.

#47 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 16 March 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

It makes me pine for a hidden mini-game in there... just to pass the time while UI 2.0 is slowing down my mech building through memorization instead of through naturally logical design and intuitiveness.

maybe smurphy 2.0 should give us a mechwarrior web based game to test our builds with before launching into MWO.

#48 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 16 March 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

It just is.

that's not all you said, pathetic trying to manipulate when the words are for all to read. im looking at the context of your words.

#49 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

Its reasonable for them to want to put more content in the game while waiting for the progress of CW.

The game doesn't need more content at this time, it needs features.

the achievement system wasn't made to make you play more or less, its just something that will help players along the way and reward for small task. Breathe negativity into your own world but there is no need for it here.

So, by your own admission, it is a zero sum gain, but put in early in the production cycle for 2014. However, a needed feature where players can play with their friends, and would have a HUGE net gain (as it has been repeatedly proven that games that support guilds, guild members spend 10x - 20x what solo players spend), gets pushed to 2015 and beyond, and this is ok?

#50 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

Posted Image

#51 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 16 March 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

So, by your own admission, it is a zero sum gain, but put in early in the production cycle for 2014. However, a needed feature where players can play with their friends, and would have a HUGE net gain (as it has been repeatedly proven that games that support guilds, guild members spend 10x - 20x what solo players spend), gets pushed to 2015 and beyond, and this is ok?

Who needs friends when you have achievements!

Let's build communities with meaningless fluff. That'll grow MWO!

#52 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 16 March 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

that's not all you said, pathetic trying to manipulate when the words are for all to read. im looking at the context of your words.

haha, you are funny.

View PostDeathlike, on 16 March 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

Who needs friends when you have achievements!

Let's build communities with meaningless fluff. That'll grow MWO!

I mean, the game needs meaningless fluff. It's just frustrating that it seems to take programming priority over other things.

#53 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 16 March 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

The game doesn't need more content at this time, it needs features.

your a valued customer, is that what your saying?, money is the motivator and the privilege get ahead and get what they want(to a lesser extent, this isn't politics. my 200+ doesnt entitile me anymore than my friend who cant pay much and i know alot of players who cant put in as much as i can or did.

A zero sum gain?, no it is not, its valued by some and will be a good asset for many players. the acheivment is just an added feature, you cant really hate it, its just there.

From a production standpoint yes, the group ques are important; however i would not like them to detract from the current core content. I understand the need for better group ques and options but you have to understand production time, and how long it can take to implement even the smallest feature. A year in game deving isn't a lot of time to get things done believe it or not, well it depends but Roadbeer i hear you man.

View PostAppogee, on 16 March 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

Posted Image

this is not ignorence its worse than that, we have been asking for a smurfy mechlab and when we get one we complain?+this isn't even the full interactive version.

#54 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 16 March 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

this is not ignorence its worse than that, we have been asking for a smurfy mechlab and when we get one we complain?+this isn't even the full interactive version.

It's true and not true at the same time. A smurfy-like mechlab was promised for this coming or April 1st patch IIRC, but unfortunately it was "revised" to be a "view only" type of deal. Considering that the current views of getting mech loadouts is still incomplete at this time, lacking in Engine Size used, Heatsink count, crit slot count, BAP being equipped, a hardpoint overview, missing ammo loadout, and many more... well, I guess that's an "improvement" if you go by low standards.

Now we have to wait until May (probably mid-May) to get a complete interface. Gee... it was just a month ago where we just got UI 2.0... and it'll take 3 months since UI 2.0's debut before we get smurfy's mechlab.

I guess, that's why the HPG map is considered "new" after 3 months of playing it.

Edited by Deathlike, 16 March 2014 - 11:58 AM.

#55 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

From a production standpoint yes, the group ques are important; however i would not like them to detract from the current core content. I understand the need for better group ques and options but you have to understand production time, and how long it can take to implement even the smallest feature. A year in game deving isn't a lot of time to get things done believe it or not, well it depends but Roadbeer i hear you man.

On Click:
IF Group size <2
THEN Forms_Dropmode.visible = True
ELSE Forms_Groupqueue.visible = True
Filter by _groupsize
Forms_Dropmode.visible = False

#56 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 16 March 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

deleted

[redacted] read his post, he doesn't like the way the weapons fire so he would rather bring a PPC.

"I'd take a PPC over the Large Pulse Laser... instant damage vs .6 seconds facing the target. I'll take my chances @ 90m just fine."-Deathlike

[redacted] He prefers his PPC because he does not like the fuction of the Pulse laser, relative to how it fires and example would be 1,2,3, with a minimal or large change of each pulse missing a target. Not only that a PPC runs cooler and it just does 10 damage on point so if it misses it misses. [redacted]

keep in mind he's talking about a Large pulse relative to a PPC

Edited by miSs, 17 March 2014 - 12:34 PM.

#57 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

Every NGNG they basically talk themselves out of my money.

#58 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 16 March 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

[redacted] read his post, he doesn't like the way the weapons fire so he would rather bring a PPC. Man, some people

That's not even what I said.

The PPC has a lot more utility than the Large Pulse Laser. The LPL is still too hot, and I'd rather use an ERLarge (which at least I can add in 2 DHS to improve my cooling, despite the increased generation). The PPC simply works better than the LPL for my needs, despite the PPC being hotter.

#59 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

Don't be too hard on yourself. You're not ''ignorant'', you just need to read more carefully. I'm sure if you re-read the summary you'll come to understand that there's not presently a plan to replicate the full interactive smurfy approach, which is what the community actually wants.

Go on, give it another go. I'm sure the penny will drop for you if you give it your best shot.

Edited by Appogee, 16 March 2014 - 12:09 PM.

#60 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:04 PM

View PostSug, on 16 March 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

Every NGNG they basically talk themselves out of my money.

Does Paul get interviewed often @ NGNG?

I know Bryan+Russ do, but having seen Paul in the Vlog stuff, I would be probably feel uncomfortable too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users