Our Lrm Will Blot Out The Sun.then We Will Fight In The Shade.

73 replies to this topic

#41 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

Someone needs to post and tell me about these new LRM Overlords.

#42 Mazikar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 400 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

Every fight so far is nothing short of March Missile Madness. Seriously without ECM your team will die in under 5 min. You can not get to cover fast enough and AMS can slow down a couple but every LRM 20 mech ever made is getting some action. Toss in the narc and a 3 man missile team with a ECM tag scout and a narc will level the strongest mechs in seconds.

Honestly its not fun right now, 4 man teams are obliterating pug drops and if you get lucky to be on a pug that gets one you win if not... well you get LRMd to the stone age. ECM is countered by narc and you will die if your DDC gets hit by a PPC... the reset time for ECM is just long enough that you will have suffered 80% damage, my suggestion to everyone is just give this game a few days to settle down, wish I could get my premium time reset till a hot fix comes out.

#43 xCico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

we now got even better meta with higher range and good damage, GJ PGI ;) instead of SRMS you gave us LURMS to boat them massively, gg

#44 Trauglodyte

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 18 March 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

No, Sarah's mech won the day.... or was it my Jenner-K with the PPC. Either way... ;)

PPCs on a Jenner - what a travesty :huh:

#45 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

View PostLotharian, on 18 March 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

Every fight so far is nothing short of March Missile Madness. Seriously without ECM your team will die in under 5 min. You can not get to cover fast enough and AMS can slow down a couple but every LRM 20 mech ever made is getting some action. Toss in the narc and a 3 man missile team with a ECM tag scout and a narc will level the strongest mechs in seconds.

Honestly its not fun right now, 4 man teams are obliterating pug drops and if you get lucky to be on a pug that gets one you win if not... well you get LRMd to the stone age. ECM is countered by narc and you will die if your DDC gets hit by a PPC... the reset time for ECM is just long enough that you will have suffered 80% damage, my suggestion to everyone is just give this game a few days to settle down, wish I could get my premium time reset till a hot fix comes out.

Can we not freak out?

Every time an LRM change comes out, people freak out, because no one bothers trying to evade them.

Everyone is so used to LRM's being so ineffective that they figure they can just stand around and take the hits.

Not to mention we now have a year worth of new players who haven't had to deal with LRM's being a meaningful part of the game. So they need to learn to deal with them.

#46 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

Well, given barely anyone today equips AMS to begin with, I suppose lurmboats will have their lives much more difficult once people remember there was a thing to shoot LRMs down.

#47 Rise or Die

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 28 posts
  • Location91***

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

Congratulations, you ruined MWO again with your ******* LRM nervs

#48 Corbon Zackery

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

Seen it already its ridicules speed increase makes ducking for cover pointless Not unplayable but with the messed up angles all a light has to do is press R and goodbye Mech

#49 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

I love the tears of the LRM failers. Cover negates 100% of LRMs which is why people have around 30% hit rate with them. ECM counters missile locks. AMS counters LRM hits. I love how we go from OMG PPCs + ACs to OMG LRMS because they've sped up a whopping +60% and we have NARC that actually works.

#50 tayhimself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 334 posts
  • LocationAn island

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 18 March 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

I love the tears of the LRM failers. Cover negates 100% of LRMs which is why people have around 30% hit rate with them. ECM counters missile locks. AMS counters LRM hits. I love how we go from OMG PPCs + ACs to OMG LRMS because they've sped up a whopping +60% and we have NARC that actually works.

Have you played it yet (I haven't), and is your experience different from the posters above? Or are you just extrapolating based on past experience which is pre-speed increase. Remember the 30% hit rate is also pre- speed increase and it should go up now that LRMs are faster.
As an aside I wish they would fix AMS so it wouldn't try and shoot through obstacles and waste ammo.

#51 East Indy

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,240 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

View Posttayhimself, on 18 March 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

Have you played it yet (I haven't), and is your experience different from the posters above?

His point stands, though. LRMs don't fly through cover.

#52 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

View Posttayhimself, on 18 March 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

Have you played it yet (I haven't), and is your experience different from the posters above? Or are you just extrapolating based on past experience which is pre-speed increase. Remember the 30% hit rate is also pre- speed increase and it should go up now that LRMs are faster.

As an aside I wish they would fix AMS so it wouldn't try and shoot through obstacles and waste ammo.

Admittedly, I haven't played it yet as I'm stuck at work (why is it that we have to work when we can play games for free? should be able to live for free too). But, it has been my experience since day 1 Beta that people don't mind getting alphaed in the face from range because it requires the user to aim and the target can evade the damage. LRMs, though, become weapons that even the almost worst people (I say almost because I've seen people just completely and totally f' it up) can use to a scary degree. And the targets of LRMs always come running to the board to complain despite the fact that you've got a warning telling you that missiles are incoming, that you can pan up to see where the missiles are coming from, some mechs can carry ECM to near void the lock, and all mechs except for the Cicada X-5 (thanks, Garth, you f'ing pos) have AMS to negate what cover doesn't kill. I'm firmly of the belief that people ***** about LRMs because they don't like the fact that they died stupidly and moronically to such an easy to use weapon regardless of the fact you only ever land 1/3 of the missiles you fire.

For that matter, we're about to get a module that tells you exactly how many missiles are inbound so you can decide whether you really want to evade or not AND another module that spits out a cluster of metal flakes which will negate 80% of the inbound missiles. How much more counters to a weapon do we really need before people get it through their heads as to the protocol of dealing with LRMs. Lasers, PPCs, and ACs shouldn't be the only weapons that are allowed in this game.

Edited by Trauglodyte, 18 March 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#53 Kyle Reece

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

I have played it. LRMageddon it ain't - at least nowhere near the previous dark days.

I did swap the SRMs on my Griffin for LRMs but that speaks more to the uselessness of SRMs than the buff to LRMs.

#54 Rokuzachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 511 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

LRMs in reasonable amounts by themselves are annoying. En masse they're very frustrating.

When you combine them with meta poptarts and people spamming consumables, it has a very distinct 'unfun' flavor to it. I thought LRMs were fine prior to this change. Saw plenty of people use them effectively and did so myself for a while on the Battlemaster. Now the imbalance of its risk vs reward is more pronounced. The margin for error, if you are the target of an LRM boat, is very thin. If you don't find the ideal cover in short order, you can kiss a good portion of your mech goodbye.

Right now, the best trolling recipe on the market is to bring UAVs. Light up as many of the other team as you can, then watch as they disintegrate in short order because half of your team is firing nonstop volleys of 40+ LRMs. Racking up UAV Assists has never been so easy or lucrative.

#55 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

View PostEcrof, on 18 March 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

Be prepared to fight in the shade as the Lrm will blot out the sun. Get you tags, Ams, Ecm, and Lrm boat hunters ready. :( Even if the Lrm speed boost is balanced everyone will want to try Lrm again.

Posted Image

Pfft! This video is so much better!

#56 Ecrof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostMystere, on 18 March 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

Pfft! This video is so much better!

Nice in game proof :(

#57 Mazikar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 400 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

Not freaking out, just say'n once everyone knocks the dust off the LRM boats and teams get set up.... LRM teams will rule, not as bad as the uber damage artemis blunder but making a weapon system work shows the glaring flaws of the rest... thus the mass migration to that weapon system. I have said before buff all weapons systems to working order or keep them all the broken same, making one work causes everyone to boat to be effective. Thats just what we are seeing.

#58 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

They're more powerful, yes, but not OPed. Still not like coordinated PPC/AC fire. They're no peak poptart meta but they're powerful. Currently I'm seeing the LRMboats win about 50/50 with the PPC/AC meta. A lot now depends on who deploys and efficiently uses ECM. ECM lights who stay with their team are now a source of victory.

We'll see how it plays out.

#59 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 18 March 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

Someone needs to post and tell me about these new LRM Overlords.

Sandpit? How'd you hack into Nicholas' forum account? ;-)

#60 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

This patch has made the Raven absolute hilarious fun. Sneak up under ECM, NARC, and then laugh maniacally. I'm doing crap for damage (300 or so), but the amount of devastation that I am causing via NARC is priceless in a sadistic way.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users