The Daily Whine

11606 replies to this topic

#11521 Wild Pegasus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:43 AM

So... can you find the problem with this picture?

Posted Image

I... just don't understand how something like that can happen. I mean...

Posted Image

It doesn't even make sense as a troll build, because who would he be trying to troll? The people spectating him? I just... I just can't.

#11522 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:14 AM

Had more terrible games last night. Teammates shooting me in the back over and over, despite having no LOS on any enemies. Just because they see a red box on their screen, they are willing to fire through me, the guy in front of me, a building, and terrain. Had one team playing Domination on Tourmaline where all the assaults and heavies never even tried to fight for the zone, but instead went hiding in the mountains to try to ambush the enemy team.

They were expecting a single light to hold the zone while they hoped the other team would come looking for them. When the light that was holding the zone died, they gave me a hard time for trying to salvage the match by moving into the zone and getting killed with less than 200 damage. Kinda hard to do much damage when you go from 100% to dead in the span of 10 seconds because at least 6 people are shooting you at the same time because there was no cover left to hide behind after they took the whole zone.

I swear, these events are meant to keep the game alive with freebies, but they tend to attract the worst players who only play when they get free stuff. I'm going to have to join a solid unit and only drop with groups that actually cooperate. If nothing else, at least I won't have people trying to kill me because they saw a dorito or bracket 1000m on the other side of me.

#11523 Electroflameageddon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:51 AM

View PostGen Lee, on 17 February 2019 - 03:14 AM, said:

Had more terrible games last night. Teammates shooting me in the back over and over, despite having no LOS on any enemies. Just because they see a red box on their screen, they are willing to fire through me, the guy in front of me, a building, and terrain. Had one team playing Domination on Tourmaline where all the assaults and heavies never even tried to fight for the zone, but instead went hiding in the mountains to try to ambush the enemy team.

Every time I see the main group of the team avoid the circle like the plague, I know we are going to lose.

Best thing to do is ask nicely for them to get into the pool and if they seem reluctant, find a mech with a red dorito over it and attack. Repeat until dead so that you can exit gracefully and find another game.

#11524 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 17 February 2019 - 02:51 PM

What a well made game this is.

Took my enforcer into Solaris. It's uac20 had nearly zero hit registration and it jammed every single time I fired it. It also wouldn't fire at all on alpha strike.

One match i could only get it to fire twice and even then it barely registered any damage.

#11525 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:22 AM

I had a terrible weekend. I never expected the "Win 5 games" achievement to be the problematic one. Between 2 accounts I managed 4 wins over the weekend. No idea how many losses, but my last ten matches were 0:10.

I would understand if I was a terrible player, and frankly, I did some lousy performance on a few of those matches, but I am averaging 320 MS. On both accounts. That's well above average... I am not even using missiles, just dakka and lasers... Nothing seems to work. Medium, Heavy, Assault mechs, no change. No matter what damage I do. It's like it does not even matter whether I do anything...

On one match I won, I kept trying to get an angle, unable to shoot because there was always a team member in the way. Ended the match with 150 damage and a 12:1 score. Would have been 0 change to the match if I had not been there. Another match we lost, where I produced 4kmdd and 850 damage. And it was a loss anyway...

I am getting tired of this... It is completely killing my will to play.

#11526 Wild Pegasus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:12 AM

View PostDarakor Stormwind, on 18 February 2019 - 04:22 AM, said:

Another match we lost, where I produced 4kmdd and 850 damage. And it was a loss anyway...

This is pretty much the reason I had to change my perspective and consider personal match performance to be the metric of success. I know that's an entirely selfish thing to say, but after the few times I've made genuine attempts to (politely, mind you) give clear directions on where to go and where to engage the enemy, and received either complete disregard or something along the lines of "no everyone stay in (cellnumber) u can hide from lrm"... well. What else can I do but go into business for myself?

Though to be honest, at this point I'm just kinda biding my time until MW5 comes out, so that may have something to do with it. At least then I can use mods and AI tweaks to fix bad teammates.

#11527 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:37 PM

Well, I am not remotely interested in MW5. So when MWO fails, PGI will lose me as a customer. And I daresay I am not the only one...

#11528 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:44 AM

View PostDarakor Stormwind, on 18 February 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

Well, I am not remotely interested in MW5. So when MWO fails, PGI will lose me as a customer. And I daresay I am not the only one...

'When' ? It's been on the path to oblivion for a while now but just refuses to die.

Edited by mad kat, 21 February 2019 - 11:44 AM.

#11529 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:13 AM

Public Service Announcement: For the love of god, DON'T RUN IN FRONT OF THE ANNIHILATOR!

It has super low mounts and super high cockpit, I'm not going to see you running up to steal the kill while charging my HGR!

#11530 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 March 2019 - 07:31 AM

View Postmad kat, on 21 February 2019 - 11:44 AM, said:

'When' ? It's been on the path to oblivion for a while now but just refuses to die.

òÓ

#11531 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:21 AM

View PostAlienized, on 09 March 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

òÓ

Sorry for the taunt last night. But yeah it was potato night!!!

#11532 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:48 PM

View Postmad kat, on 09 March 2019 - 10:21 AM, said:

Sorry for the taunt last night. But yeah it was potato night!!!

it is always potato night.

#11533 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 09 March 2019 - 05:48 PM

you say pa tat doe some say pa tah doe, i say tatters. lets make tatter salad

#11534 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:54 AM

Man...I haven't dropped a good whine in awhile. So much to whine about in my life nowadays.

But, I'll start with the match I just had on Canyon Network, me in my STK-3FB there in Charlie lance. And for some reason, as I'm migrating to the center to meet up with the rest of the team, I notice the other 3 assaults haring off to our far left by themselves. My gut says to protect a teammate, so I end up sort of floating between the two, trying to cover both groups as best I can (yeah, my mistake). Naturally, the Reds notice our slow *** assaults way out of position (called it), and swoop in and roll over us, but whatever.

#11535 bilagaana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:05 AM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 12 March 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

as I'm migrating to the center to meet up with the rest of the team, I notice the other 3 assaults haring off to our far left by themselves.

I'm far from being a proficient mech pilot (fact is, I'm lucky if I break even on my K/D). However, after thousands of matches I have observed that the two mech classes at the extremes--lights and assaults--require skills and experience well beyond the average player's. Unfortunately for the rest of the team, the idea of being in the most heavily armored and weaponed class of mech appeals to the most inexperienced and apprehensive players.

I will stipulate that the majority of assault pilots are not timid and feckless. Nonetheless, the vast majority of the timid and feckless choose to pilot assaults.

Edited by bilagaana, 14 March 2019 - 11:50 AM.

#11536 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:11 PM

Well, after years spent comfortably in Tier 3...it finally happened.

I'm almost afraid to do another drop. Posted Image

#11537 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:02 PM

I'd like to complain that I'm barely scoring a thousand per QP with my MONSTROUS LURM MACHINES.

Also, it'd be great if every little shitecunt light and medium pilot would just learn to drive and not get tangled up in my frigging feet any and every time I try to move.

#11538 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 03:24 PM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 12 March 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

Man...I haven't dropped a good whine in awhile. So much to whine about in my life nowadays.

But, I'll start with the match I just had on Canyon Network, me in my STK-3FB there in Charlie lance. And for some reason, as I'm migrating to the center to meet up with the rest of the team, I notice the other 3 assaults haring off to our far left by themselves. My gut says to protect a teammate, so I end up sort of floating between the two, trying to cover both groups as best I can (yeah, my mistake). Naturally, the Reds notice our slow *** assaults way out of position (called it), and swoop in and roll over us, but whatever.

Do you think they learned the lesson?THE lesson we were discussing in discord?:)
Moar speedz! MOAR!

#11539 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,890 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 16 March 2019 - 08:23 PM

Kinda breaks my heart.
I've spent many a post defending the nature of the MWO community. From comp folks and try-hards, to lorenerds and mechdads. Everyone. I have always thought everyone had something to bring to the game. But I gotta say, as the player base has shrunk, the concentration of a$$holes and idiots has really started to concentrate.

#11540 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 08:26 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 16 March 2019 - 08:23 PM, said:

Kinda breaks my heart.
I've spent many a post defending the nature of the MWO community. From comp folks and try-hards, to lorenerds and mechdads. Everyone. I have always thought everyone had something to bring to the game. But I gotta say, as the player base has shrunk, the concentration of a$$holes and idiots has really started to concentrate.

That little quote from Russ... is that real???

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users