11606 replies to this topic

#11481 Electroflameageddon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 07:33 AM

Played the Vapor Eagle a bit this week.

Totally not used to Clan Tech, so my usual play style was super ineffective. Had a couple of decent games as I tried to balance heat vs. aggression, but most of them were bad.

#11482 Electroflameageddon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 236 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:42 PM

Matchmaker was completely broken tonight. Had a game where my team had 7 lights, 1 medium, 2 heavies and an assault. Other team had 5 assaults 2 heavies, 2 mediums and 3 lights.

AYFKM?

Not playing anymore tonight.

#11483 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:31 PM

View PostElectroflameageddon, on 20 November 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

Matchmaker was completely broken tonight. Had a game where my team had 7 lights, 1 medium, 2 heavies and an assault. Other team had 5 assaults 2 heavies, 2 mediums and 3 lights.

AYFKM?

Not playing anymore tonight.

This is impossible unless you were in Group Queue. Group Queue doesn’t match tonnages between teams at all. Did you manage to get a screen shot at all?

#11484 Electroflameageddon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:48 AM

View PostMaddermax, on 20 November 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

This is impossible unless you were in Group Queue. Group Queue doesn’t match tonnages between teams at all. Did you manage to get a screen shot at all?

I personally wasn't in group queue.

Didn't notice if I had been used as filler for a group. Nothing jumped out at me.

I'll get a screen cap next time it happens.

#11485 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:06 AM

View PostElectroflameageddon, on 21 November 2018 - 06:48 AM, said:

I personally wasn't in group queue.

Didn't notice if I had been used as filler for a group. Nothing jumped out at me.

I'll get a screen cap next time it happens.

You can only get into group queue by being in a group, so you can't get used for filler normally. Normal match maker though has a maximum of 6 of any class, and gets even numbers of each class., so getting a match like that normally would be impossible on two counts. Always remember to screen shot weird things, because either you've missed something essential (which is often the case, for myself at least), or something is reaaaaaaally messed up, and someone should be told to fix it.

It's also why I have instant replay set up to capture the last 8 minutes if something odd or cool happens - benefits of having an nVidia card.

#11486 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:50 AM

Love it when a light mech pilot who runs away when more than 1 enemy is on his screen at a time complains that me and a few others "suicided and threw the match" by getting into a defensive position and trying to hold the enemy in a spot where the rest of our team can get into good cover and in spots they can get damage into them. Wasn't our fault that 4-5 guys that should have been supporting us turned around to run the nascar when we spotted the enemy.

#11487 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:55 PM

so there are hundreds of horns for the Urbie but not one Santa hat!?! what is up with that? how in the inner sphere am i supposed to run Urbie Santa without a Santa Hat?!? are the Devs even listening to us any more ?

#11488 Electroflameageddon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:23 PM

View Postloopala, on 25 November 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

so there are hundreds of horns for the Urbie but not one Santa hat!?! what is up with that? how in the inner sphere am i supposed to run Urbie Santa without a Santa Hat?!? are the Devs even listening to us any more ?

The devs stopped listening to us a very long time ago....

#11489 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:04 AM

View PostElectroflameageddon, on 28 November 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

The devs stopped listening to us a very long time ago....

it is my belief they never did....

the internet needs a standardized sarcasm font

#11490 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 03 December 2018 - 05:52 AM

Next time you're in game and your getting repeatedly stomped just spend some time and attention in spectate and you'll see why. Tiers don't even enter into it when you see a king crab with three lrm15's and one medium laser, a powerhouse with 2erppc and 2lrm15 neither of which were even capable of finding a target to lock onto let alone hold it. Players that couldn't hit an aircraft carrier while standing inside the thing let alone even firing at the enemy at all. And pressing R......forget it

#11491 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:40 AM

View Postmad kat, on 03 December 2018 - 05:52 AM, said:

Next time you're in game and your getting repeatedly stomped just spend some time and attention in spectate and you'll see why. Tiers don't even enter into it when you see a king crab with three lrm15's and one medium laser, a powerhouse with 2erppc and 2lrm15 neither of which were even capable of finding a target to lock onto let alone hold it. Players that couldn't hit an aircraft carrier while standing inside the thing let alone even firing at the enemy at all. And pressing R......forget it

What is this R key you type of?

lately it seems everybody has R key delete keyboards.

OH BTW team work is OP and no self respecting keyboard warrior would us an OP tactic that is that OP

Edited by loopala, 03 December 2018 - 08:46 PM.

#11492 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 02:50 PM

View Postmad kat, on 03 December 2018 - 05:52 AM, said:

yeah, over the weekend I saw an ebon jag with 2 UAC-5s and nothing else... wtf?

#11493 Electroflameageddon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:21 PM

View Postloopala, on 30 November 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

it is my belief they never did....

the internet needs a standardized sarcasm font

OMG, if I had that font I would never change it.

#11494 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:33 PM

Prime time is so bad... forced to carry... cant even use a fun build.

#11495 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:46 PM

this game has so many problems (not talking about the game modes, or anything like that.. but tech stuff instead). I sent in a support ticket over 2 weeks ago about one and have heard nothing back, finally I sent an e-mail reply to their automated response email telling them to just cancel the ticket because its obvious they no longer care about MWO and all resources have been diverted to other things...

#11496 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:40 PM

The sad realisation the #1 problem with the game is the playerbase.

#11497 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:14 PM

View PostJon Gotham, on 17 December 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

this is a problem with just about anything, people

#11498 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 18 December 2018 - 03:12 PM

View PostJon Gotham, on 17 December 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

Games had been getting better recently but sadly tonight it's back to it's old antics. Stomp after stomp after stomp. (Losing all those by the way) as players keep doing really noob stuff.

Like standing in the open wondering why they're getting lurmed to death oblivious to the three uav's above their heads.

#11499 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 04:30 PM

I've actually played a few games recently, after taking some time out. I get the feeling the group side of the game has died off a bit?

#11500 odiemoncrew

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:56 AM

my daily whine is. am i getting too salty and enjoying being 'that guy'. You know the one, if i am driving a hunchback iic-a, and i see one on the opposite team, i must kill it? even if it means my team which already would have gotten stomped, would be taking that lone hunchback and two other mechs with us?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users