#41 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:48 AM

View Postkamiko kross, on 25 March 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

Erm...I'd like to say something nice actually.
Today an Atlas player, actually pushed with my mate to support him and ruin 3 lrm boats. Whilst I suppressed the lrm boats and their bodyguard with my Basscannon Hunchback (Ac2 troll). He steadfastly tanked hits for my mate in his cent and kept em busy whilst I moved up to lay down dps fire on their mates as they moved up.

So today my whine is I have nothing to whine about!

Well, i can provide a whine about an Atlas for you! Two of them in one match, actually!

Last night, on Caustic, i witnessed the most cowardly Atlas pilots i've ever seen. One, literally would not engage with the enemy team, he kept peeking over tiny hills and firing all weapons into the hump directly in front of him, while the enemy was 800m+. The other, would step out to the side of the flank, angle for a shot with his 2xERL and 2xUACs and then literally curl around and cower behind either a teammate SHD or another teammates CTF... letting them take the fire he just drew.

It was amazing. They were the 10th and 12th killed on our team, and when the enemy finally tore through the rest of our team to focus on these guys in they had 88% and 83% armor respectively. Neither one of them even came close to scoring 250 damage.

THOSE are the atlai pilots that give all atlai pilots a bad reputation.

Edited by Mott, 26 March 2014 - 04:49 AM.

#42 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:31 AM

been seeing a quite a few timid assault pilots, more then usual, but then i tend to be, just a bit too aggressive

Edited by loopala, 26 March 2014 - 06:43 AM.

#43 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:35 AM

View Postloopala, on 26 March 2014 - 06:31 AM, said:

been seeing a quite a few timid assault pilots, more then usual, but then i tend to just a bit too aggressive

They are timid because they have most likely been left pissing in the wind on one too many occasions.

#44 Ustarish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSide Torso

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:50 AM

^ you must hear many bad puns when you drop to terra therma...

#45 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:54 AM

View PostUstarish, on 26 March 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

^ you must hear many bad puns when you drop to terra therma...

You have no idea.....

#46 Ustarish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSide Torso

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:03 AM

i think i have some. you are Bilbo, not Frodo. so all those puns must be horrible.

#47 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:10 AM

Last couple of days matches have been simply atrocious. I hated the idea of 3/3/3/3 but now I can't wait for it to arrive and for the love of god can we PLEASE have groups of 2-12? Its like starting out down 8 now

#48 StonedDead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOn a rock, orbiting a giant nuclear reactor

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:26 AM

My first daily whine, I want to conquer planets now! BTW, does anyone have any cheese to go with this whine, I seem to be out? Seriously, I have been reading a ton of BT books and am dieing for CW right now, lol. Maybe I'll just have to play a little MW4 later to tide me over. I suppose it could be worse though, I could be considering Mechassault!

#49 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:45 AM

View PostBilbo, on 26 March 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

You have no idea.....

That is not Mount Doom. It is Mount Derp. I have seen Mount Doom... it is no Mount Doom.

In the middle is not the forge that created the one ring but the dreaded PUG Zapper that seems to work the same. A ring of decking over a boiling lake of stupid.

#50 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:45 AM

View PostZekester81, on 26 March 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

My first daily whine, I want to conquer planets now! BTW, does anyone have any cheese to go with this whine, I seem to be out? Seriously, I have been reading a ton of BT books and am dieing for CW right now, lol. Maybe I'll just have to play a little MW4 later to tide me over. I suppose it could be worse though, I could be considering Mechassault!

Same here. I never played the TT and "started" with MW4. By now it has captured me enough that I have played the older MW PC games and have read 5 of the novels so far. Some nice CW action would be great just about now. Otherwise I might have to start playing MegaMek.....

#51 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:05 AM

Late Sunday night dropped on Crimson Straits. Friendly chat during pre launch, then all of a sudden I get FF from a team member. I said, "Hey, whatch the FF." He replies, "Get the F out of the way nex time." So I called him a butt hole. That seemed to lighten the mood because he called me a kid, "OK Timmie" he said. I assume that's a reference to me being a child, idk.

First off, I'm not a child. I'm 45 years old. This is a game and not a life and death situaltion. Please be patient and watch your language.

People take this game way too serious. It was late in the Tounamemt and maybe he thought he had a chance at winning some prize and he perceived me as a threat. Bottom line, don't shoot your teammates.

Whine off,

Jody

#52 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

View PostBilbo, on 26 March 2014 - 06:35 AM, said:

They are timid because they have most likely been left pissing in the wind on one too many occasions.

naw i think they are scarred of LRMS. those slow moving targets take a hurting once they are caught.

BTW when on terra therma i ask the other MW not to shoot the hobbits :)

#53 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:38 AM

Fast LRMs eliminate the ability to pilot slow or lightly armored mechs in the open with impunity.

This is not a bad thing.

#54 Ustarish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSide Torso

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:11 AM

^ fast lrms eliminate every non-ecm light mech from competition.

broken hitboxes didnt force me to buy spider.
ppc+ac meta didnt force me to buy victor/highlander/phract.
ac10 speed nerf made my dual ac10 jag useless [and i loved that thing!].
lrm speed upgrade made my jenner inferior to spider, raven and commando.

i have 50m cb and cant decide what should i buy.
bought gryfon. loved his cockpit view. hate streak gameplay...

#55 SniperCon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:57 AM

Trial spiders who chainfire their MGs. Trial Stalkers who alpha their LRMs. Trial Cataphracts.

<3 Cidadas

#56 Hellen Wheels

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

Not so much a whine as a whimper, but the ophtha ophtamol opth EYE WITCH DOCTOR put some kinda potion in me eyes,

must be a Potion of Tunnel Vision, it’s like I’m looking through a cardboard tube, with no peripheral vision at all.

Very disquieting, this stuff needs to wear off so I can drop.

And you thought cockpit glass was bad. THIS BLOWS. :)

#57 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

View PostHellen Wheels, on 26 March 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

Not so much a whine as a whimper, but the ophtha ophtamol opth EYE WITCH DOCTOR put some kinda potion in me eyes,

must be a Potion of Tunnel Vision, it’s like I’m looking through a cardboard tube, with no peripheral vision at all.

Very disquieting, this stuff needs to wear off so I can drop.

And you thought cockpit glass was bad. THIS BLOWS. :lol:

I thought you retired?

WB

#58 Cricket504

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 64 posts
  • LocationZeeland, MI

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:02 AM

I was out running solo last night and had 2 matches with what was utter garbage. Now I do drop with a team often so its not a rant against premade. But in the 2 matches they hung back and did nothing for the team. When you see a DDC hang back and get a total of 78 damage it hurts the team. The premade group had about 400 total damage for there lance. The other had 2 of the 4 get higher number but they waited back till the rest of the team was dead and many of the other team were heavily damaged.

#59 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:39 AM

My only complaints last night were RW drama. being at work 13+ hours and taking care of family health issues.

My matches were awesome. I'd been having such a rough time this week and knew it would break soon, didnt quite realize I'd go for 25-1 in my Spider 5D ^_^ even potted a notoriously hated "drag the match" out guy. Didn't even see all that many "cancer boat"s. May there be more of it's like!

#60 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

View PostKhajja nar Jatargk, on 27 March 2014 - 05:39 AM, said:

My matches were awesome.

So that's where all my good luck went!
Give it back! :lol:

( :rolleyes:)