The Daily Whine

11606 replies to this topic

#81 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

Mediums are a pain unless they have speed. I'm pretty happy with my Centurion right now, at ANY range, but it was a battle to get there and it didn't happen until I achieved 94 kph.

#82 Hopper Morrison

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 249 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:26 PM

pass on the RIGHT! you learned this in kindergarten.

jeezzzzz.

#83 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostHopper Morrison, on 31 March 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

pass on the RIGHT! you learned this in kindergarten.

jeezzzzz.

Not everyone uses the same side of the road :angry:

#84 Mad Skull

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

Since last patch this game is a lrm game. We need more mechs with ecm or we need to tone down lrms by adding more heat or something. Some more that tics me off is we are well out of beta stage and some still spawning in stuck areas where we can't move. Other walk and get stuck on a stone Not a rock but a stone. I mean come on shall we go back to beta status?

#85 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

Did it ever leave beta status? :)

#86 DarkMetalBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 270 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

I've got a really good one: I'm starting to see some new people around here are little more than degenerates, or to put it bluntly, lambs for the slaughter.

This was the case in this one game, where just about half the company is in trial 'mechs. Me & one other person did our very best to pre-chew the opposition for them, but to no avail...

The result was a 4-12 ****-fest, with me getting roughly 530 damage, the other guy getting around 640, & at least half of the trial 'mechs not even breaking 100 damage. I swear, some of these noobs need to stick to baby food, if not that formula that you get for infants.

Well, that does it for me. Good night, gentlemen!

#87 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

My Whine...

No free mechbay. I was rural and away from the game over the weekend. Couldn't play at all until i got home from work last night at 4pm EST.

Tried to grind out my 5 wins... got 2 wins in 7 matches. All were a mix of great games and terrible. 3 of the 5 losses should have been wins considering we were up 3-0, 4-2 and 5-1... but somehow my teams buckled down and gutted it out to get the losses they seemed so eager to achieve. lol

Then family time kicked in and i had to go to a NHL hockey game (that went into OT and a shootout) and I ended up not getting home to log on again until 11:16 EST.

Got in 4 matches (2 W 2L) and was up to 4 wins with 11 minutes until 12am EST (9PDT - the promotion cut off).

Of course, this is the time that MM takes a full 3 mins to find me a match... then does another full 60 second count to start the match.

And then my team implodes like i've never seen one implode. We were on TT and literally were down 0-4 in the first 2 mins. I think our entire scout lance walked into the bowl and tried brawling with 2 lances of heavies and assaults.

Ugh. So close.... so close.

#88 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:12 AM

View Postkamiko kross, on 31 March 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

Did it ever leave beta status? :)

:)
Separate trials, your honor!

#89 Magos Titanicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSagittarius A

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

worst thing ever is the mc per $ rate!
glance over to hawken and adapt that mc pricing. piranhia is a synonym to barracuda i guess :)

#90 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:12 AM

Pts confirmed that im terrible in meta builds. :)

Wasn't doing bad in a silly thing like an xl 385 treb though...

#91 Xanilos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationIn the South Wall Cornerclub,Balmora.

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

Not enough people from the meme thread are on at the same time to form a group. :o

#92 Ghostchips Condensate I and II

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 97 posts
  • LocationSouthern Islands

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:06 PM

My whine today is that there are not enough LRMs which i am/was almost immune to. i was doing great until people decided other weapons might work. Now i die, no damage, no kills 100% loss ratio.

#93 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

PGI issues a light thats a purpose built sweeper, sweet at its job but UTTERLY dependent on aggressive heavier combatants and kept catching matches where nobody ever wanted to leave the safety of the base turrets

#94 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

View PostKhajja nar Jatargk, on 02 April 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

PGI issues a light thats a purpose built sweeper, sweet at its job but UTTERLY dependent on aggressive heavier combatants and kept catching matches where nobody ever wanted to leave the safety of the base turrets

This is why I no longer play assault, which happened to be my favorite mode before turrets.

#95 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostBilbo, on 02 April 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

This is why I no longer play assault, which happened to be my favorite mode before turrets.

Assault... the default Skirmish mode everyone really wanted but whined so hard they got Deathmatch Skirmish instead so now they whine about hiders when they could just go play assault and cap with a little extra effort and strategy.

#96 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:10 PM

Ok so my whine may be a bit outdated but it is pretty darn relevant to me.

Have been toning down my playtime recently after the UI2.0 was launched, due to crashes and other frustrations...

I come back a few weeks later and what do i find? my stats have been reset, and while everyone else seem to have adjusted to the blank ELO slate in my absence, I am consecutively stuck with worthless teams that hide or suicide, my ELO wont increase like this and useless team mates detract so much from the experience i can hardly even bring myself to log in anymore, I cant remember seeing any decent coordination in the past 2 weeeks, i even witnessed a premade assault lance go for the wide flank on a conquest map to get at the enemy missile boats in the back, naturally they were long gone and occupying central high ground when the assault premade finally made their entrance at the enemy rear area, and everyone but myself and my ECM spider was dead, with little to no dents in enemy armour as the friendly main force folded like wet tissues when the enemy pushed over the ridge...
Have the game received alot of attention on childrens social networking sites or something?
Perhaps a console port was made that shares ervers with the pc version?
Or maybe, just maybe, gamers are by and large a bunch of worthless potheads that cant understand what they are doing?
Either way it absolutely puzzles me that the "R" button is so hard to find, that people dont use UAVS but complain about ECM and lack of locks, and that i still log on to get my ass whopped by a bunch condescending frat boys in their fotm no skill mechs...

*tears out hair and drops the mic in the toilet*

#97 Ardney

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • 171 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

@ Poptimus: IIRC ELO wasn't actually reset. Just personal fluff stats (K/D, accuracy, win loss, etc.). You seem to be suffering from MOBA syndrome aka "It was my team's fault we lost!!" ;)

[edit] Yep, found it.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 14 March 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

The stats that are being wiped are match play related. Kills, deaths, wins, losses, C-Bills/match, XP/match, kill assists, spot assists, etc. are some examples.

What will NOT be wiped are player’s current XP balance, GXP balance, C-Bill balance, Mech Trees, Pilot Trees, Inventory, Mechs/Mech Bays and ELO.

Emphasis mine.
Source

Edited by Ardney, 02 April 2014 - 02:54 PM.

#98 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

One of the two bases HAS to go.

And randomize the spawns!

#99 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

Attack/Defend is supposed to be the next play mode. Rush mode is in the development stage supposedly. We'll see if those things are worth anything.

#100 ThatBum42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

Those people who use arty strike on the last man standing when their team is already stomping. ;)

Edited by ThatBum42, 02 April 2014 - 03:19 PM.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users