#121 Whoops

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

My whine for the day:

My last match on Frozen City. Ended up with 2 premade 4-man on our side. One of the other premade guys grabs Commander and switches the rest of us into random lances (while preserving his own), and when we ask why says "Because I'm your leader." He then proceeds to give ZERO direction, TKs one of my group (not my new lance, but one of my premades) and then dies.

B) :) :)

#122 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

View PostCyron Zarva, on 04 April 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

My whine for the day:

My last match on Frozen City. Ended up with 2 premade 4-man on our side. One of the other premade guys grabs Commander and switches the rest of us into random lances (while preserving his own), and when we ask why says "Because I'm your leader." He then proceeds to give ZERO direction, TKs one of my group (not my new lance, but one of my premades) and then dies.

B) :) :)

And that's why I often grab command and do nothing with it unless someone scrambled my premade first. Basic PUG rule of thumb, Leave the lance order alone. Always. You will get teamkilled by some of the psychopaths out there playing this game and tick off the rest of your team who might have a coordinated strategy that doesn't involve you.

So don't make enemies on your own team. Don't touch command. Nobody listens anyway.

#123 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

Lol, I am one of those ppl who will tk over this :-P

Bring on private matches
the lobby should be ramped up by then

#124 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:59 AM

My whine for the day? The fact that the battlemech, a warmachine which is supposed to be comparatively nimble and agile compared to, for example, the far more compact and logically sensible tank, apparently has little of said nimbleness and agility in this game, particularly when it comes to raising and lowering arms and bending at the waist. The fact that you in a heavy or assault mech can't even bend enough to see the light hugging your crotch and burning a hole through it with laserblasts annoys the crap out of me almost as much as not being able to lift my foot and put it down on top of said light crotchhugger... CRUNCH!

Honestly, the mechs feel good as far as feeling like they're heavy machines when you pilot them, but they feel more like tanks than giant robots a lot of the time, which is a shame. Let me bend more at my waist, dammit! And let me raise my mech's arms so I fire arm weapons from shoulder level if necessary rather than always firing from the hip as if my shoulders were non-functional!

#125 MattEdge

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 61 posts
  • LocationAsuncion

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

My whine for the day... the lopsided turrets on Caustic Valley. The caldera is the centerpiece of the entire map and one of the most contested places in it, with lots of ring-around-the-rosey going on in a lot of matches. However the lake team takes fire from the turrets while in (and on the edge of) the caldera! The other team has a nice turret free romp...

Meh... oh well.

#126 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

There there Matt. It will be okay in the end. Mech harder.

#127 Ustarish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSide Torso

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:06 PM

first serious gaming session since lrm's nerf.

my jenna today did great. 38 kills 5 deaths. [to balance my previous 13/25 since stat reset]

finaly nothing to whine about!

Edited by Ustarish, 05 April 2014 - 03:07 PM.

#128 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

Root 1 Carmenere 2012 served with veal. Yum.

#129 ThatBum42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

Yesterday there was a guy who took command and was actually sensible about it. After meeting together, he told half our force to go around right in Terra Therma to get behind and divide the attention of the enemy who were all bunched up at their Thunderdome entrance. However, this derp in my lance said "f*** you im the only one who gives orders to my lance" or words to that effect. He and the other two members of the lance then took off in some random direction. They were found early and owned. We still won somehow (probably due to superior tactics from the aforementioned leader), but the entire time he kept moaning about how the team let him die, how bad it was, etc.

Thankfully that's the only time anything like that happened to me, must be the bracket I'm in. ;)

#130 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:59 AM

I had to report another Summer's Eve for shutting down while facing a wall in Skirmish mode today. he thought that shutting down after the team started losing was perfectly fair to everyone else in the game, and that the Code of Conduct did not apply to him since "War sucks."

#131 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:39 PM

Couple things tonight:

Getting stuck on the prefab buildings in the box settlement outside the cave on forest.

Teammates setting up Maginot lines on frozen (pert sure they aint attacking to the ocean fellas) and dying horribly.

#132 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:38 AM

Ah yes. The invulnerable prefab buildings. Now, if our mechs were made of the same stuff those things are we wouldn't have to worry about ever getting killed. :rolleyes: Destructible environment where bigger, heavier mechs could pretty much just wade through those kinds of buildings (with some slowdown and perhaps a risk of taking damage in the process) would be awesome, instead of getting stuck on what amounts to little more than a corrugated sheet metal hovel when it comes to structural strength. ^_^

#133 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:20 AM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 07 April 2014 - 05:38 AM, said:

Ah yes. The invulnerable prefab buildings. Now, if our mechs were made of the same stuff those things are we wouldn't have to worry about ever getting killed. :ph34r: Destructible environment where bigger, heavier mechs could pretty much just wade through those kinds of buildings (with some slowdown and perhaps a risk of taking damage in the process) would be awesome, instead of getting stuck on what amounts to little more than a corrugated sheet metal hovel when it comes to structural strength. :P

I will admit though that a Gundam: Journey to Jabrow level of destruction would be awesome, but I honestly dont mind non destructable environments. God knows pugs would burn up half their ammo in a race to fell every building and the massive C3 headache that would cause.

I just hate dying from getting clipped into terrain -__-

Edited by Khajja nar Jatargk, 08 April 2014 - 07:23 AM.

#134 Kyria Clearwater

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:47 AM

Or the inevitable coding bugs that would result from or heck even the collision/unable to walk over rubble bugs we already have.....

#135 Ghostchips Condensate I and II

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 97 posts
  • LocationSouthern Islands

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

i die first & my team loses, i think it might be my fault.
<repeatinterval="24hours">
And i likely have more kills of blue team than red team. Bad player is me.

100% loss ratio, i do not understand. i used to be dodging LRMs & never carry AMS & would actually do damage. Now i am terrible.

Edited by Trashforged, 09 April 2014 - 01:03 AM.

#136 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

Not being able to play from where I am staying during the week, most of the time due to connection drop outs

#137 Ghostchips Condensate I and II

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 97 posts
  • LocationSouthern Islands

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

Still the worst player ever. So how do i play for the red team seeing i am a 100% chance of making my team lose? (liability?)

Edited by Trashforged, 09 April 2014 - 07:49 PM.

#138 LoeKie

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 24 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

The LRM Patch made the pointless AMS quite a Pointed Issue again!!!

#139 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:35 PM

Team mates are still standing behind you, when reversing could still save your mech. Don't they teach that in mech-basics?? DONT EVER STAND BEHIND YOUR FRIEND! Next ******'s gonna get alpha. Grr.

People are still demanding NERF the lurms. And there's still hardly any need for ams, you can avoid majority of missile by just using the terrain. Ofcourse working blob of ams works also, but don't count on it when in PUGs. NERF NERF.

Edited by Nils Bohrman, 09 April 2014 - 11:36 PM.

#140 Xanilos

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationIn the South Wall Cornerclub,Balmora.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:28 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Xanilos, 10 April 2014 - 01:41 AM.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook