The Daily Whine

11606 replies to this topic

#141 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:49 AM

Pug team mates who stand behind you and block you. Then have the sheer gall to deny there is an issue with that. "You backed into me" "don't back up"

It's combat guys.People need to move to y'know, evade fire. Why were you standing 10m behind my mech? You would not do that in real life, why is it any different here?
I vote for a report function like in WoT, 3 reps for blocking in any 24 hour period-you get a message that informs you as to why and a 24 hour ban.

#142 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:40 AM

Yeah, I think player quality has dropped significantly agian in the solo world. New batch of MWO curious newbies running around.

#143 sathoon

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNorthwich, cheshire

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

The lrm issue is very map dependant.

If the enemy team has an lrm parade on caustic valley, sorry.

I dropped river city the other day in an assault, walked slightly to the left of near where I dropped in the river (not even necessarily away from my lance mates). Next thing I knew a constant stream of lrms and PPC shots had me down in just under a minute into the match and no cover tall enough to save my sorry *** within reach. I couldn't get a bead on anyone thanks to the rockaby mech cockpit effect when you take a ****-ton of fire at once.

My lance mates had buggered off without so much as a potshot at the lrmers to push them into cover and break the stream for me to make a break for the flat/apartment blocks.

#144 Sauce Tomate

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

I'm reading on reddit about how some top-tier players use VPN to manipulate their pings to alter hit detection and create a lagshield, and there's videos of them talking about it themselves.

#145 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostSauce Tomate, on 10 April 2014 - 09:10 AM, said:

I'm reading on reddit about how some top-tier players use VPN to manipulate their pings to alter hit detection and create a lagshield, and there's videos of them talking about it themselves.

Seems silly to me since this could be just as disadvantageous to them depending on the circumstances.

#146 Sauce Tomate

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:21 PM

ggvpn

#147 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:22 PM

The more people are made to be aware of this and what to look for, the better chance and bigger reason PGI will have to deal with cheaters and their programs. That's all I'm going to say because I don't want this thread shut down.

#148 PremithiumX

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 61 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

I bought the Orion, I love its design and the weapon hardpoints seemed like I could find something to work with. Too bad I never read anything about the low slung arms, because I think I've done more damage to slight rises in front of my mech than the enemy.

#149 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

My Ilya was an awesome ditch digger frankly. You need a trench digging out? Call Kamiko Krossnoob.

Edited by kamiko kross, 10 April 2014 - 03:48 PM.

#150 Xanilos

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationIn the South Wall Cornerclub,Balmora.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

Spoiler

Might I suggest LRMs? they have 50 tubes and are about the right tonnage.

#151 Silentium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 629 posts
  • LocationA fortified bunker in the mojave desert.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

Griping about a ******** team while not offering any plan or coordination. STFU already, please.

#152 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

Having a head-cold makes playing hard.
Between the medicine and the tiredness - it is almost not worth trying to play. ;)

#153 PremithiumX

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 61 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

View PostXanilos, on 10 April 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

Spoiler

Might I suggest LRMs? they have 50 tubes and are about the right tonnage.

That's pretty much what I've been doing. Thanks ;)

#154 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

Normally I don't post on these forums, as someone has already said it, blah blah. Tonight I've had just enough adult beverage to get on here hehe. So we are on caustic valley and all the mechs gravitated toward the valley of doom instead of the middle. I'm in my short range shadowhawk and am popping over the hill to take potshots at the grouped enemy mechs. Every time I would light up an enemy mech over the hill a (jager)teammate of mine would then try to shoot said target through the hill. My rear armor kept getting in the way. This happened three times in a row. When my rear armor turned red I finally jumped on teamchat and told him that I wasn't gonna hold the frontline for him if he was gonna shoot me. He typed numerous comments about how I shouldn't be in "his" way. Keep in mind he never had an actual shot at the enemy, they were over the hill. End of the match and he is still throwing me attitude. I came in 2-10 with 600 damage and survived. He was 0-4 with 158 damage and quite dead. Rawr

#155 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:50 AM

Gaming this morning was pretty funny; boom, zap, pow... hey, why are all the blue triangles disappearing?
End of match screen, 560 damage, twice that of the highest damage on the rest of the team.... meh. =(

Not once folks, not twice, but 6 games in a row. My last game on Terra Therma was great though. Everybody seemed to find some way to make time to type in chat and coordinate and we won a very sweet victory. Even more fun was turning up the last powered down Spider with my secret weapon.... BAP!!! Bwahahahaha!!!!

#156 Xanilos

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationIn the South Wall Cornerclub,Balmora.

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:55 AM

View PostMagnakanus, on 11 April 2014 - 02:50 AM, said:

Gaming this morning was pretty funny; boom, zap, pow... hey, why are all the blue triangles disappearing?
End of match screen, 560 damage, twice that of the highest damage on the rest of the team.... meh. =(

Not once folks, not twice, but 6 games in a row. My last game on Terra Therma was great though. Everybody seemed to find some way to make time to type in chat and coordinate and we won a very sweet victory. Even more fun was turning up the last powered down Spider with my secret weapon.... BAP!!! Bwahahahaha!!!!

Dude I don't think you get the point of this game. The point is to BEAT THE EVERLIVING CRAP OUT OF YOUR ENEMIES while your team watches. :)

Spoiler

Edited by Xanilos, 11 April 2014 - 02:57 AM.

#157 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:53 AM

View PostUstarish, on 19 March 2014 - 07:51 PM, said:

what happend with the old daily whine thread?

Quit cher whinin'!

#158 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:10 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 02 April 2014 - 03:41 PM, said:

I have hopes for A/D.... but fully expect the defending team to wander off... frequently - resulting in either massive changes to the mode....
Or it being played like the 3 modes we already have.

Well the three we have play nearly the same now, death match with added missiles, death match with cap points and um..death match.

so expect it to be a single cap point which plays like a death match

#159 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:25 AM

View PostPremithiumX, on 10 April 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

I bought the Orion, I love its design and the weapon hardpoints seemed like I could find something to work with. Too bad I never read anything about the low slung arms, because I think I've done more damage to slight rises in front of my mech than the enemy.

The worms and ants fear your arm mounted weapons :)

#160 Lazor Sharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

WHINE ON/ Being artied / airstriked 2 times in 1 Minuit at the beginning of the game. My Jager was Head Shot'ed, and lost both legs........ I had NO Damage before the first strike, and was before i ever got to fire a shot....
Arties and air strikes are a PIA...... should be toned down some......as that was completely ridicules, and should never ever happen to a Totally Fresh Mech.......... WHINE OFF/

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users