• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

View PostThatDawg, on 11 April 2014 - 03:53 AM, said:

Quit cher whinin'!

The whine achieved maximum density and slipped through to an alternate universe white hole.

#162 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:21 PM

Just died at Alpine, went to spectate the few last guys we had left, found a Victor and a Blackjack in perfect health on the opposing side of the map, with the victor shooting SRMs at a JENNER over 700m away.

After they finally died several minutes later, this dynamic duo had delivered a mind-boggling 58 damage combined.

What. Why. I still can't even

#163 Xanilos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationIn the South Wall Cornerclub,Balmora.

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:56 PM

I was just in a match where my alpha lance was sitting in the tunnel and spamming nonsense about godzilla in the chat. They singlehandedly caused us to lose and then said "House of spuds now recriuting @ houseofspuds.com" Never seen a premade do that before.

BTW I searched the forums and nothing came up for "house of spuds".

Edited by Xanilos, 11 April 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#164 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:20 AM

View PostKyynele, on 11 April 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

Just died at Alpine, went to spectate the few last guys we had left, found a Victor and a Blackjack in perfect health on the opposing side of the map, with the victor shooting SRMs at a JENNER over 700m away.

After they finally died several minutes later, this dynamic duo had delivered a mind-boggling 58 damage combined.

What. Why. I still can't even

I thought SRM stood for SUPER RANGE MISSILES. Damnit.

#165 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

You suck and died so I should suicide? bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No seriously, wait the fifteen minutes or drop an alt chassis

#166 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

View PostKhajja nar Jatargk, on 13 April 2014 - 08:38 PM, said:

You suck and died so I should suicide? bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No seriously, wait the fifteen minutes or drop an alt chassis

Were you fighting or moving with the intent to reengage? Or were you shut down and hiding? If the 1st case, please carry on with what you were doing. If the 2nd case, you're wasting everyone's time including your own, there are better ways to preserve your precious (albeit useless KDR), i.e. suicide. Unless of course, you deem your life so worthless that it's actually better to waste 10 minutes of it staring at a static screen to preserve a useless number, in that case, carry on with what you were doing.

#167 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

1. Claiming that if someone who fought and decided to hide is selfish is wrong. It is a different tactic. You can drop match any time and go play another mech or a trial mech. You are the only one 'wasting your time'. If, while hiding, an opportunity to pop out and ambush someone appears, awesome. If not... oh well. Wait, or see if the enemy is good with using Mark 1 Eyeballs to find the shut down mech.

2. To demand someone charge and die for your convenience is arrogant and selfish. You played your game and died. They're playing their game the way they want. Let them alone or try to help them. Usually the same types demanding suicide are also the same ones who refuse to do smart tactics like 'base defense' or go all 'Leroy Jenkins because they're bored. This is not a single person game, and we're not here for only your amusement. If this is too much to ask of you to be a respectful team player, find a new game. Just because the enemy got lucky or sucked does not mean anyone else must do likewise.

Edited by Kjudoon, 13 April 2014 - 11:40 PM.

#168 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:34 PM

fought entire match. When I was the last one left I retired to the turrets and enjoyed a couple sips of my beer. They hit the turrets and I skipped out and killed a raven then died trying to ST a phract.

Thats irrelevant however. Matches are fifteen minutes long. Period. End of story. Anything less is a bonus and not the rule. Don't want to wait? Esc>Disconnect and take something else. And if you say you can't because you're dependent on some stinky cheese meta **** build...your tears are delicious.

#169 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:14 PM

Heck, tonight, me and my 4 lancemates ended up down 4-7 on Crimson Straits. We fell back to the cliff wall island and waited for the enemy to come for us. They could have just waited and won, but they wanted the kills. So they killed the last remaining guy who was out there thousands of meters away and we waited. The light push came through the gap timed with a DDC and Kintaro capping our base. We destroyed the lights, and were beat up already, but this was worse. We ran out of missiles then killing the DDC and Kintaro and we noticed that the game was now 11-7. Did we charge them? No. It was one remaining Banshee who'd been tearing us up with longrange ridge humping who'd slipped down in the chaos and now had no way back but was smart on hiding in the buildings. He gave a great account for himself too and we won the game with only 1 turret left and the 3 members of our lance doing 10 kills and over 600 damage each. The one member who didn't have a kill was a spotter who got killed early in the game by some very bad luck and still got 7 assists and 300 damage or so.

Now, we hid for almost 4 minutes in the back of that area and waited. Sure we could have pushed, but at that time it was 8 against 4. Suicide knowing they had 2 ECM lights, an assault jenner, a K2, DDC, Kintaro and Banshee in their company. So we waited to see who was more impatient. In fact, I posted in our team chat our intent was to wait to see how impatient they were and whether boredom would be our weapon. They were very impatient, and that is why we won. We held a defendable position, immune from LRM fire coming in, but not going out and we hammered them by staying 200m apart or so when the lights showed up so the LRMs could tear them up or the PPCs or LPLs got to tear them to shreds.

That is a thinking man's victory. The enemy brawlers were very twitch superior, but we chose a better strategy and won because we were patience and had the skill and discipline to wait them out instead of listening to the howls of Ritalin monkeys who wanted a suicide charge so they could get on with their 'lives'.

#170 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:33 AM

Nice work,but I'd have waited you out:)
Too many of those Ritalin monkeys you mention are playing this game now.

Today's whne in two parts!

Part 1: People inferring I'm either stupid or a liar, or both. Whilst utterly glossing over their own guilt on forum threads.

Part 2: I baked my 1st ever loaf of bread the other day, I proudly lifted it out of the tin-it looked amazing. Then imagine my joy being torn into two as I realised I put too much water in and the dough was stodgy in the middle:(
I guess beauty is truly only skin deep.....

#171 Xanilos

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationIn the South Wall Cornerclub,Balmora.

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:47 AM

View Postkamiko kross, on 14 April 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

Part 2: I baked my 1st ever loaf of bread the other day, I proudly lifted it out of the tin-it looked amazing. Then imagine my joy being torn into two as I realised I put too much water in and the dough was stodgy in the middle:(
I guess beauty is truly only skin deep.....

What kind of bread? I used to make french.

And for the actual whine I'll go with the removal of the forum fun subforum.

Edited by Xanilos, 14 April 2014 - 09:48 AM.

#172 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:05 PM

My whine is I don't get to share some of my drop time with Kamiko in teamspeak. Oh come home, dear brother! We miss you so. We're picking up more Britons and people in your timezone. Help lead the cavalcade of European fun!

Edited by Kjudoon, 14 April 2014 - 12:05 PM.

#173 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

Killed another Dev today and of course it's not within a Dev hunt event so no medal :)

#174 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

What the hell is with idiots that just cluster up in the same spot waiting to be surrounded by the enemy team..

And everyone choking in tunnels so you cant back off,

Or assaults that feel the need to fire one lrm15 volley rather than use their 2 AC5's and LL?

Or players than just cant pilot assaults fulls stop?

And for that matter, AC2 nerf.. ..really?

/rant

#175 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

Hey kamiko,

1 cup warm water
2 tbl spn sugar
.25 oz yeast
1/4 cup veg oil
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 egg

That's my basic bread recipe, highly adaptable but you can't go wrong with it. Makes some sick French toast with the addition of cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla

#176 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

View PostKhajja nar Jatargk, on 15 April 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

Killed another Dev today and of course it's not within a Dev hunt event so no medal :)

Same here. Nice to see the mods/devs playing. Watch out for Big Daddy Alpha. He's dangerous.

#177 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 13 April 2014 - 11:14 PM, said:

Heck, tonight, me and my 4 lancemates ended up down 4-7 on Crimson Straits. We fell back to the cliff wall island and waited for the enemy to come for us. They could have just waited and won, but they wanted the kills. So they killed the last remaining guy who was out there thousands of meters away and we waited. The light push came through the gap timed with a DDC and Kintaro capping our base. We destroyed the lights, and were beat up already, but this was worse. We ran out of missiles then killing the DDC and Kintaro and we noticed that the game was now 11-7. Did we charge them? No. It was one remaining Banshee who'd been tearing us up with longrange ridge humping who'd slipped down in the chaos and now had no way back but was smart on hiding in the buildings. He gave a great account for himself too and we won the game with only 1 turret left and the 3 members of our lance doing 10 kills and over 600 damage each. The one member who didn't have a kill was a spotter who got killed early in the game by some very bad luck and still got 7 assists and 300 damage or so.

Now, we hid for almost 4 minutes in the back of that area and waited. Sure we could have pushed, but at that time it was 8 against 4. Suicide knowing they had 2 ECM lights, an assault jenner, a K2, DDC, Kintaro and Banshee in their company. So we waited to see who was more impatient. In fact, I posted in our team chat our intent was to wait to see how impatient they were and whether boredom would be our weapon. They were very impatient, and that is why we won. We held a defendable position, immune from LRM fire coming in, but not going out and we hammered them by staying 200m apart or so when the lights showed up so the LRMs could tear them up or the PPCs or LPLs got to tear them to shreds.

That is a thinking man's victory. The enemy brawlers were very twitch superior, but we chose a better strategy and won because we were patience and had the skill and discipline to wait them out instead of listening to the howls of Ritalin monkeys who wanted a suicide charge so they could get on with their 'lives'.

Well my team was not thinking at all today(tonight your time).
So on frozen city, at the drop ship. Had killed a locust and a jager that pushed because they knew what I didn't.
In the space of 1 min the whole and I mean everyone save a blackjack? and I had chased a jenna into the cave.

Of course the locust and jager would had told their team we were alone, so I got killed quick smart after being rushed.
Now being in a stalker I could have ran and died or fought and died. I fought.

I watched a whole lance throw themselves at the enemy turrets out of the cave entrance and die for no real effect.
This THIS is what realy ticks me off.
I had for some dumb reason thought of typing to my team, "warning the job of the enemy lights is to pull apart the assault blob". Now i should have said nothing, nothing at all.

Did they do that exact thing just to tick me off?
So next match, I shutup and layed ownage on all I could find.

/rant off

#178 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:52 PM

This might have just become my favorite spot to rant on the entire interwebs. So I'm playing a canyon network conquest and the majority of my team moves to kappa. We encounter six enemy mechs and slowly tear them apart only to find that we've been outcapped. I'm in my 114kph trebuchet and run to get caps. The remaining four enemy mechs are now at gamma and my team rushes to get them. As I run up I see two of my "allies" in jagermechs hiding behind a hill. Their armor is almost untouched. We swarm the enemy and lose by cap. I bellow at the two jagers who were afraid to scratch their digital kdr. Normally this would be the end of the story. No. Instead my next drop I see one of the jager pilots. I go off on him again, hoping to irritate him enough to, idk, attack this game. Instead he dies with 78 damage done(meta AC20 jager ftw!) and decides to grief me, giving away my position to the enemy and calling me all sorts of fun names. He types non stop as our team gets whittled down to three remaining mechs. I've lost all my weapons and start bodyshielding for the remaining assault mech who only has one med laser left. We slowly make our way to the enemy base and take it, winning 11-9, one of the most harrowing games I've played in MWO. This guy is still typing away that I'm a loser, etc. He can take his grief and eat it, that was the best game I've seen since MW4 a decade ago. If that @#$@#$@#$ hadn't been there we probably would have routed 12-2 or something, so ty griefer!

#179 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:08 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 14 April 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

My whine is I don't get to share some of my drop time with Kamiko in teamspeak. Oh come home, dear brother! We miss you so. We're picking up more Britons and people in your timezone. Help lead the cavalcade of European fun!

That's partly, mine and Xanilos's fault! We kind of hijacked him onto our TS :)

#180 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:47 AM

View PostKhajja nar Jatargk, on 15 April 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

Hey kamiko,

1 cup warm water
2 tbl spn sugar
.25 oz yeast
1/4 cup veg oil
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 egg

That's my basic bread recipe, highly adaptable but you can't go wrong with it. Makes some sick French toast with the addition of cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla

Cinnamon....hmmm........*drools*

Oh and Xanilos it was a seed/rye style affair. I really like seeded bread.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users