11606 replies to this topic

#8521 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:03 AM

View PostCathy, on 24 July 2016 - 07:02 AM, said:

Well a chalk and cheese kind of day, won two games out of around 15 and for the most parts it was good fighting and close, and even losing I was still racking up damage and kills, so while i'd rather win, losing wasn't to painful

Had a three hour break, and now it seems the derps have finally worked out how to put underpants on, and are playing M.W.O

the derps on your teams are smart enough to partially dress themselves?? i'm so jealous

#8522 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:05 AM

It is not so much the actual nerfing of the Locust that hurt me as much as the gradual ghost nerfing that has been taking place as the the new maps and beautification take a heavier and heavier toll on my system. I now average 18-22 fps on all of the maps beside hpg/Crimson/Canyon. Those run 20-25. My locusts do not function at that rate :(

#8523 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:11 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 25 July 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

It is not so much the actual nerfing of the Locust that hurt me as much as the gradual ghost nerfing that has been taking place as the the new maps and beautification take a heavier and heavier toll on my system. I now average 18-22 fps on all of the maps beside hpg/Crimson/Canyon. Those run 20-25. My locusts do not function at that rate Posted Image

i feel your pain. old toaster(6 year old office machine with integrated graphics LOL) here that barely ran MWO when i first started...

#8524 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:31 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 25 July 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

It is not so much the actual nerfing of the Locust that hurt me as much as the gradual ghost nerfing that has been taking place as the the new maps and beautification take a heavier and heavier toll on my system. I now average 18-22 fps on all of the maps beside hpg/Crimson/Canyon. Those run 20-25. My locusts do not function at that rate Posted Image

This was me when I played on my laptop, Canyon and HPG were my favorite maps, not because of their design, but because I got 50 fps. I've since built myself a new desktop and am running everything fabulously, except brand new maps which occasionally have like 40-50fps drops in certain poorly designed and tested areas, but these are usually fixed in map patches.

#8525 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:33 PM

I have the fastest internet available in my area and our infrastructure is pretty good, but the routing to Canada is just piss poor and my ping is unstable which makes playing an FPS miserable. I am tired of aiming straight at things and missing because they are not actually there. I know MWO does not have the amount of players necessary for multiple server farms in every zone, so this will probably not change, but I can't quit because there is no other MW game. PGI please make a MWO executable where we can run our own local servers (a la COD).

Edited by Ed Steele, 26 July 2016 - 03:29 PM.

#8526 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 959 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:00 AM

People,

IT

IS

JUST

A

GAME !

What's the point in shouting and swearing and insulting other teammembers?

Call him/she names and disconnect.
Wow, that will teach them a lesson and make them better players, eh?
Well you can only asume this, you never made mistakes, you where born the ideal and flawless mechwarrior yourself.

#8527 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:23 PM

View Postel piromaniaco, on 26 July 2016 - 03:00 AM, said:

People,

IT

IS

JUST

A

GAME !

Well you can only asume this, you never made mistakes, you where born the ideal and flawless mechwarrior yourself.

because playing brainless, crap, idiotic and totally dull still affects the other people in the team. i rather shout, swear and insult those that play like an utter fail than just ignore the stupidity.

one day they might learn that their stupidity affects others more than themselves because they dont even know when they do stupid things.

#8528 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:54 PM

View PostAlienized, on 26 July 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

because playing brainless, crap, idiotic and totally dull still affects the other people in the team. i rather shout, swear and insult those that play like an utter fail than just ignore the stupidity.

one day they might learn that their stupidity affects others more than themselves because they dont even know when they do stupid things.

They are more likely to mute you than learn anything. I would anyway.

#8529 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:58 PM

View PostBilbo, on 26 July 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

They are more likely to mute you than learn anything. I would anyway.

as long as you read why i rage and learn from it im fine with it.
theres always a good reason for it.

#8530 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:52 PM

Why is it so f'n hard to get pugs to shoot down UAVS? or do pugs like having the enemy know where each teammate is, what mechs they are in and what loadout each mech is carrying?

#8531 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:05 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 26 July 2016 - 02:52 PM, said:

Why is it so f'n hard to get pugs to shoot down UAVS? or do pugs like having the enemy know where each teammate is, what mechs they are in and what loadout each mech is carrying?

Oh relax, no one on the enemy team knows that you can press "R" and get information on mechs. "R" is just for L2P noob lrmboats.

#8532 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:44 PM

I raged so hard (at Microsoft and PGI, who else?) yesterday when the game started behaving weird..(aim cursor and mouse cursor split up, and the screen was really shaky for some reason), did 100 damage in 3 games combined.

Restarted my system, and now my ping is 1200. Screw you, ISP! How did you find out I was going to have fun?

#8533 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:05 PM

View Postel piromaniaco, on 26 July 2016 - 03:00 AM, said:

People,

IT

IS

JUST

A

GAME !

But on the flipside, being super duper cutesy world nice is also not doing them any favours either. they are not in a single player game, where the only person they can adversely affect is themselves. There IS a small (however tiny) level of responsibility to your team mates, they are people trying to have fun like you.What you choose to do in that match affects their fun, your behaviour and attitude affects their fun.

Mistakes are cool.
Deliberate stupidity or timidity isn't.
Defending yourself when you are guilty of the above isn't cool either,taking some criticism and improving is cool. Sometimes people, are justified on being a bit curt with you, name calling ans swearing no of course.

"it's just a game" attitude usually leads to very poor improvement and lack of investment-that investment is your time you only get once and the time that you team mates only get once too...you should care about your life and every minute of it no matter what you are doing, you never know how short it will be cut.

Brushing it off like it doesn't matter at all is not good attitude. It's your precious, once only time:)

#8534 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:28 AM

View PostAlienized, on 26 July 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

as long as you read why i rage and learn from it im fine with it.
theres always a good reason for it.

I don't think you understand. If you are being toxic enough that I am bothering to mute you, I have long since begun to ignore anything you had to say anyway, whether you believe there was a good reason for it or not.

#8535 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:22 AM

I only mute 10 year olds playing TF2 on the Valve Singapore server, because they have bad mics, scream into the mic, and I have yet to understand a word of what they're saying.

(I'm Asian, if you're wondering)

#8536 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:51 AM

View PostBilbo, on 27 July 2016 - 06:28 AM, said:

I don't think you understand. If you are being toxic enough that I am bothering to mute you, I have long since begun to ignore anything you had to say anyway, whether you believe there was a good reason for it or not.

question is: what do you consider toxic?
i had players that considered a normal complaint about them as toxic. without a single bad word in it.
i find that hilarious. no, i'm not swearing around like i propably should but having 7 complete dumb teams in row, doing the easiest failures of em all makes me mad. especially when MM thinks i can carry them all with a bloody commando.

or when they just dont realize how bad they actually are and tell me *it doesnt look so bad for us* while i was the only one not actually camping within the single bloody square of the map where all other 11 mechs of my team are. spotting literally 80% of the enemy team, running around assaults like crazy, tanking them and just never get any help because why would my team need to get shot while i turn one mech around after another? then, when that single little fker is dead they just die like flies because they got no damn plan.

next thing they do is *its always the dead one*. should i stay calm? you really excpect me to do that?
i'm definetly the wrong guy for such bs and gonna rage at them just because they are fkin dumb. and thats a well deserve rage.

#8537 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:12 AM

I feel completely uninspired today. I logged in, looked at my hanger full of mechs. Tried an LPL/4mg spider 5k. Too slow, tried 5 ml locust 3m, my computer doesn't render terrain fast enough to keep up with it. Went back to the hanger and stared at all of my mechs. Moved some modules and engines around, stared some more, and logged out. I haven't been able to make archers work at all since the rescale and I used to be fairly good in them. The Phawks are rather lackluster, but I haven't tried them since the arm structure buff, so maybe that helped? Maybe, I need to go back to something different like the Zeus or Kodiak. Maybe I should buy a mechpack (that fixes everything right?)

#8538 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:19 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 27 July 2016 - 08:12 AM, said:

I feel completely uninspired today. I logged in, looked at my hanger full of mechs. Tried an LPL/4mg spider 5k. Too slow, tried 5 ml locust 3m, my computer doesn't render terrain fast enough to keep up with it. Went back to the hanger and stared at all of my mechs. Moved some modules and engines around, stared some more, and logged out. I haven't been able to make archers work at all since the rescale and I used to be fairly good in them. The Phawks are rather lackluster, but I haven't tried them since the arm structure buff, so maybe that helped? Maybe, I need to go back to something different like the Zeus or Kodiak. Maybe I should buy a mechpack (that fixes everything right?)

you should stop buying mechpacks and get yourself a better pc/laptop

#8539 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:24 AM

View PostAlienized, on 27 July 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

you should stop buying mechpacks and get yourself a better pc/laptop

Yeah the mechpack thing was a little sarcasm. I am going to get a better computer fairly soon I think, probably at the end of the summer. I am just trying to figure out how to have fun until then.

#8540 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:27 AM

7 kills in a match. Had the 8th all lined up and ready to pop. Ace of Spades, here I come! But then as soon as I pulled the trigger, friendly Hellbringer cuts in front of me, takes my entire alpha to his rear, steals my kill, and then the game ends. F. M. L.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users