Developer Q&A 1

213 replies to this topic

#161 Creedious

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

That answered quite a portion of my questions. Okay, I'm satisfied. :)

#162 JoeVolcano

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostWussy Wussy Tank, on 16 November 2011 - 11:47 PM, said:

I still want you boys to build me a better sandbox, and I will stomp and scream until I am heard.
1. I get to play cards with Red Jack Ryan
2. I get to lead a squad of Grey Death and knee cap your mech.
3. I get to fly the Leopard drop ship
4. I and my DEST buddies get to attempt to take the bridge of a Jumpship
5. I get to see if a Battlemaster really can squash an Elemental.
6. Death From Above with a Highlander!
7. LAM - ohhh ya baby Wasp, Stinger, Pheonix Hawk - LAM
8. Indirect fire with a LONG TOM III
9. Secret Comstar bases
10. I get to build, a base to stash my large collection of Mechs.

Big, Big, Big Sandbox....start with the FPS Mech simulator, but you better bring the rest.

AKA:
"Is a Mechwarrior all that I am?? Is there nothing more?"

I love those requests... Eventually all the MW titles bored me within the 1st 6months because it was all the same maps whith the same strategies.

#163 Rhyus

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

[MATT N] I remember that trailer and I don’t think there was a Warhammer in there... I think it was an Urban Mech. Man I love those trash cans.

I'm not really sure if anybody said anything about this statement or not, I didn't get through all the pages this Q&A has developed. But, Matt is wrong about it not being a Warhammer. The original trailer that Tinker & Smith did for the franchise had a Warhammer in an urban setting facing off against a Jenner and an Atlas. It even states that when you first run into the Atlas that while in the Warhammer cockpit, that the word Warhammer appears in the cockpit HUD right under the picture of the Warhammer showing at what percentage your mech is operating at and it keeps appearing at different times in the trailer to show the Warhammer losing badly against the Atlas, until finally it reaches 0% and the core blows up. I would add a picture, but they only seem to allow url pictures to be added.

#164 David Dresari

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

View PostRhyus, on 27 March 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

I'm not really sure if anybody said anything about this statement or not, I didn't get through all the pages this Q&A has developed. But, Matt is wrong about it not being a Warhammer. The original trailer that Tinker & Smith did for the franchise had a Warhammer in an urban setting facing off against a Jenner and an Atlas. It even states that when you first run into the Atlas that while in the Warhammer cockpit, that the word Warhammer appears in the cockpit HUD right under the picture of the Warhammer showing at what percentage your mech is operating at and it keeps appearing at different times in the trailer to show the Warhammer losing badly against the Atlas, until finally it reaches 0% and the core blows up. I would add a picture, but they only seem to allow url pictures to be added.

OOOPs I thought it looked a bit like a Loki loosing badly against the Atlas.

#165 Caron

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:32 AM

Mich interessiert ja wie die Steuerung aussehen soll es wäre ja nett wenn ein Laufzeug auch als solches gesteuert wird , und nicht wie ein Kettenfahrzeug , Seitwärtsschritte sind ja manchmal auch ganz nett ,gerade im Urbankampf oder beim Ausweichen.

#166 Hayashi

Snowflake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

View PostCaron, on 29 April 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

Mich interessiert ja wie die Steuerung aussehen soll es wäre ja nett wenn ein Laufzeug auch als solches gesteuert wird , und nicht wie ein Kettenfahrzeug , Seitwärtsschritte sind ja manchmal auch ganz nett ,gerade im Urbankampf oder beim Ausweichen.

全然解らない。

Please post all non-English material in the relevant global forum please. If this is German as I suspect, then here.

Otherwise half of us won't have a clue of what you're saying...

#167 Larry Headrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Locationoklahoma

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

Please fix the OP format. Its screwed up, and very hard to read now.

#168 UrLeftKnut

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationThat Longbow barraging you from behind

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

Here's my question: Will we see quadrupedal 'mechs like the Goliath and the Scorpion make an entrance? To my knowledge they have not been featured in any game (Outside the tabletop) to date, and they'd be a really interesting addition.

#169 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

is mechwarrior online playable at this point in time?

#170 Bolo Warden

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 168 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:45 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 14 May 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

is mechwarrior online playable at this point in time?

Only if you are in the friends and family beta testing.

#171 Just a Nobody

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationThe Great white North

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

Will you release a sdk or a type of random Mech generator with a wide variety of swapable models so we can have complete customization over our Mechwarriors?

And

Is their such thing as fall damage in this game? If there is I just don't comprehend how Mechs can be dropped down from high speed space ships and receive no damage on ground contact. . . just saying.

Thank you

Edited by Just a Nobody, 25 May 2012 - 06:49 AM.

#172 killenbigbugs

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 24 posts
  • LocationDawson creek BC, CANADA!!!!!!!~

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

i seen in the videos when they where firing lazers the trees didnt seem to get cut down are you guys guna fix that?

#173 Horrorpunk55

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

What is the Planned number of Mechs to be added to the game, and will the players have any influence on the Mechs added? (mostly because I want to have the ability to play as a Daishi or a Fafnir)

#174 Renxx

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

Hello I'm pretty sure this is yet to be asked and after seeing what gameplay footage I have seen I can't help but wonder if perhaps like
Steel battalion on the XBOX with it's complex but immersing and impressive controller which worked to suck the player with its insane level of detail, That perhaps you would be considering going down the same route although since this game is to be released on PC unlike Steel battalion the well lets be honest rather hard core controller can be an option for the more dedicated mech pilot with out alienating others with such a large package price.

Or simply are you considering some form of larger dedicated controller to go with this game like Steel battalion on the XBOX for the players out there looking for a really in depth and comprehensive mech experience, assuming that's the direction you were going in with the GUI and gameplay.

#175 Sport

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 24 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

Death from above anyone? Be cool to pull that off.

I have not been this stoked since the mech-pods at at the North Pier Mall in Chicago. And at Gencon game fair. Full sized pods resembling a fully functional BattleMech cockpits you strap yourself into and are enclosed... with over 80 separate controls. I used to drive a Madcat and have the call sign Firefall......I think I still have my gamer card. ..

man now Mechwarrior online,.... this is going to so rock.

#176 Milosh

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

Listen Devs,

What are the chances of us all getting a complete open Beta weekend? Before an end-user, such as myself, goes forward with spending $120 dollars on the Legendary pack, as I plan on do, can we at least Demo the game?

#177 Kolhammer

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

gonna be some good I.S. slugging matches before the clans...hopefully the FRR doesn't get too rick rolled

#178 gavin darkskies

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOld Connaught

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

may have been asked but this question is for the dev's. is there a plan in the works to eventually have a campaign mode for this game or even a free fight mode where you can travel to any planet as a team or alone and take on who ever is there...basically a make your own story kinda mode i guess less of a timed team battle and more like say starwars galaxy's style. i know its a old game but the freedom it gave would be awesome in this game! food for thought.

#179 Mech79

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 152 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

Again may have been answered, but are you gonna allow people that are in clans to pick color schemes or inprint our clan logo on our mechs like they allow in World Of Tanks?

#180 Shammus

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

These interviews do a lot to generate hype and excitement for the release I am looking forward to this IP very much. Perhaps if I am lucky I will get my hands on it early with the BETA. Thanks again for the great insight and well done interview.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users