Developer Q&A 1

213 replies to this topic

#121 TheRulesLawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

Man, and I was hoping they would include a pony sim where I could buy DLC brushes to use on my ponies hair!

#122 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:18 PM

View PostTheRulesLawyer, on 17 November 2011 - 02:00 PM, said:

Man, and I was hoping they would include a pony sim where I could buy DLC brushes to use on my ponies hair!

That is the next project Bryan will force Paul to work on... feel so sorry for him

#123 Kudzu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the SEC

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 17 November 2011 - 01:54 PM, said:

[Paul] I do however have a deep burning hatred for all things “My Little Pony”.

This is the most important part of that statement :)

Yes, it's always good to know when people hate things that are awesome!

#124 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 17 November 2011 - 01:16 PM, said:

As much as they need to cater to the masses, 22000 user signed up, are a pretty good starting base... and those are mostly all drooling btech nerds... PLUS the game is being catered for those drooling btech nerds, as well as the masses. even 10000 people spending 10 dollars every month for various decals, cosmetics, etc... is 100k every month. That is only half of the users who have signed up in 17 days, each day t he user count grows by 1000 roughly.

You seem to mis understand the size of the drooling btech nerd community.
Very much so. At one point or another, over 25M people have either played the board game or read a BattleTech novel, to quote a statistic from HMP. I'm afraid the twitch point-and-click community are outnumbered on this one, and I pray to God it stays that way.

View PostBryan Ekman, on 17 November 2011 - 01:22 PM, said:

22,000 users have visited the forums. WAY more have signed up! :)
I'm not sure I should ask the size of that number, hehe.

#125 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:41 PM

Did I miss something about signing up for beta, or did that come with reserving my pilot name, like I thought? I've seen a couple of folks mention this, and I searched and found nothing, so I'm asking?

#126 Zagdul

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

TL;DR: We're gonna rush this thing out and make a BF3 re-skinned shooter and try to milk it for all it's worth.

#127 phelanjkell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

View PostZagdul, on 17 November 2011 - 06:03 PM, said:

TL;DR: We're gonna rush this thing out and make a BF3 re-skinned shooter and try to milk it for all it's worth.

Zagdul this comment is basically what you said in your thread, please stop being a negative presence on the forums.

#128 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:05 PM

To long, do not care is more like it. You obviously have no interest other then to troll. EVERYTHING they have said, is opposite of what you just assumed... and well you know what they say about assume.

#129 Dragonlord

• 1,230 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:12 AM

View PostKay Wolf, on 17 November 2011 - 02:41 PM, said:

Did I miss something about signing up for beta, or did that come with reserving my pilot name, like I thought? I've seen a couple of folks mention this, and I searched and found nothing, so I'm asking?

There has only been speculations regarding and requests for participation in beta
The game is still in development, there is not even an alpha phase yet, much less beta.
Its not even a month since they announced the game being in development.

Simply put, here is no beta yet, they will announce it when they are ready for it.
Hope this answers your question. :)

It sounds to me like you didnt even read what was posted.
So how can you even make the statement you are when you have no idea what you are talking about?

Read what is posted, then comment.
Dont just throw out useless comments when you clearly dont know what you are talking about.

Edited by Dragonlord, 18 November 2011 - 12:22 AM.

#130 Chewsmoka

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:53 AM

I am liking what I am hearing so far. The devs say that they have alot more conceptual/creativity control with MWO being a F2P game, I just hope the do there homework and study recent debacles like cryptic/star trek online who completely failed to listen to even the most even tempered person with valid points and ideas.

Pay attention to the great community you have here dev's! we're all die hard mechwarrior's and want nothing but the best just like you!

#131 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:54 AM

View PostDragonlord, on 18 November 2011 - 12:12 AM, said:

There has only been speculations regarding and requests for participation in beta. The game is still in development, there is not even an alpha phase yet, much less beta. Its not even a month since they announced the game being in development.
No, I knew all that. However, I've been signed up to several beta's more than a year out, so that's where my curiosity got the better of me. Thanks.

#132 Eradikitten

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:51 AM

I just hope the devs learn from their neighbors over at Kerberos and have a beta far enough in advance of release to work out bugs, balance, and basic playtesting.

#133 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:31 AM

View PostKay Wolf, on 18 November 2011 - 07:54 AM, said:

No, I knew all that. However, I've been signed up to several beta's more than a year out, so that's where my curiosity got the better of me. Thanks.

If you are referring to the VERY FIRST posting of the CryEngine 3 announcement, that was a typo. The marketing guys put that out there initially, then Bryan had to do them in with a blowgun dart and fix it. No beta, as of yet.

#134 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:33 AM

Thin ice, once again...

And, on a side note, I cannot believe somebody actually "liked" that post. That's a head scratcher...

#135 Dragonlord

• 1,230 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

View PostRed Beard, on 18 November 2011 - 11:33 AM, said:

And, on a side note, I cannot believe somebody actually "liked" that post. That's a head scratcher...

Now that you mention it, I found that somewhat confusing and actually had me scratch my head.
Maybe someone mis-clicked?

#136 AlanEsh

• The Bludgeon
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:59 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 17 November 2011 - 01:16 PM, said:

As much as they need to cater to the masses, 22000 user signed up, are a pretty good starting base... and those are mostly all drooling btech nerds... PLUS the game is being catered for those drooling btech nerds, as well as the masses. even 10000 people spending 10 dollars every month for various decals, cosmetics, etc... is 100k every month. That is only half of the users who have signed up in 17 days, each day t he user count grows by 1000 roughly.

You seem to mis understand the size of the drooling btech nerd community.

That's not my original point. I simply don't believe that something as core to the game design as hit/miss mechanics is undecided at this point and is going to be subject to forum opinion, especially when a large part of that community seems to think directly translating TT rules to this online shooter/sim is a good idea.

#137 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:59 PM

Angelicon, though I understand your ambivalence in this issue, the flavor of BattleTech has always included the ideal that BattleMechs are LosTech items. This is not Gundam, Robotech, or any other anime series. This is like tanks, with the difference that they have a marvelous exhaust system and cooling systems. With the weapons combinations, armor, structure, and nuclear engine in the 'Mech, heat is built, targeting is put off, and you're trying to level out the ARM of weights a long way off center and fire them when you're 30+ feet in the air. A lot of folks don't seem to understand that, and the predecessor games makers to MWO certainly haven't understood it to this point; my hope is that the devs will stick to what they say they will do, and try to make a BattleTech-flavored 'Mech game. The hit/miss mechanics, as you've put it, should not be decided by the community at all, meaning they should not be an exact copy of the TT game ported to video game, nor should they be point-and-click, they should be based on a close approximation to the TT game that's not going to ruin anyone's fun, but will introduce tactics and required minimum thought necessary to play the game with sweat and swear-words. I guarantee you'll be a whole lot less bored with the game than you were with previous iterations. TRUST MEEEEEE!!! :)

#138 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 18 November 2011 - 12:59 PM, said:

nor should they be point-and-click

Yeah, they should. Thats just my opinion.

#139 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

View PostTheRulesLawyer, on 17 November 2011 - 02:00 PM, said:

That's just weird man.

#140 Karyudo ds

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

Sounding good so far to me. I'm actually amazed that melee hasn't been included in some two odd decades of video games. Not even freakin Mechcommander...a game that didn't have to worry about physics! Glad you guys at least looked into it, though to me the Mechwarrior titles always had the glorified tank simulator/arcade games. If my robot has arms and legs I want to kick small mechs off clif-sides! Actually...considering the urban sounding focus melee sounds like a good fit.

The rest sounds a bit how I expected. Though that's not entirely a bad thing. Long as I get to decorate my dashboard with hula-girl-armies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users