203 replies to this topic

#41 ssm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:30 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 21 March 2014 - 03:51 AM, said:

(...)

+ its better to teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime than it is to give a man a fish and feed him for a day. That applies to doing something for someone without actually teaching him/her the knowledge they need to do it for themselves.

(...)

I, for one, always liked better Terry Pratchett's rendition: Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Edited by ssm, 21 March 2014 - 04:30 AM.

#42 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:39 AM

View PostMycrus, on 21 March 2014 - 04:26 AM, said:

Knightie, do your own research or keep drinking the cool aid ain't gonna lose sleep over a dezgra on the inter webs

I did do my research an looked at NGNG list of donators+ the number of people that donated today, that means they keep their site running through donations much like the TYT network(do research) compared to TYT they do not need as much money to keep themselves going. YOU STILL NOT HAVE PROVIDED SUFFICIENT EVIDENCE OTHERWISE but please keep making a fool of yourself. Not to mention the have been around since before MWO but you failed to mention that so i thought it help the joker out for once.(sorry if my words are getting sinister but i responds in kind, if you choose not to treat me with respect because my values are different then i will just respond in kind.)

Better yet, ill play your game. If i tell you you are always wrong does that mean it to be true? i gave you a list of supporters from this month not actually accounting how much was spent but i'm sure that their supporters wish to see them going. please tell me whats it like to be a fool?

what does calling me a white knight do for you? as if its a sinister title. Like its supposed to devalue my word. please keep this up, i can smack you down any day of the week with pure common sense.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 21 March 2014 - 04:45 AM.

#43 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:47 AM

We exist because of you. If possible, please consider contributing to NGNG with a recurring or one time contribution – Thank you!

Quarterly Donations

[/center]

Mar-17 Mase
Mar-16 Smitty
Mar-16 Dillek11
Mar-15 der_baer_fm
Mar-15 Anonymous
Mar-15 Amgal
Mar-15 SerEdvard
Mar-14 HDMan
Mar-09 Ryoken
Mar-08 grrzoot
Posted Image

#44 Scromboid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBlue Ridge Mountains

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:52 AM

Blood, for what it's worth, they have admitted to getting paid for doing some of the video work for PGI. Also, the twitch stream he streams on is IGP. That said, I do not have any references, and I am feeling too lazy to look it up. I like Sean and Daeron, and they get us more information about this game than anyone else. For one, I ~hope~ they are getting paid, and well. It does not bother me in the least.

View PostPeiper, on 21 March 2014 - 03:48 AM, said:

[/size]

Holy moly! Could that be the reason for this question??

I'll tell you that after hearing the question: would we rather have collisions, knock down, balancing, other content first before CW, he said: Well, if it means that it will give PGI enough time to actually release a superb community warfare model, then maybe it would be worth it. I do believe what I said above: community warfare will make or break this game for the majority of the hard core players. Various death match types can only last so long. Even private lobbies basically set you up for more death matches and the occasional conquest. We need MEANING for all this practice, time and money. So many guys I know are just counting the minutes to CW.

But my answer to Russ is: Even if it adds months to get it out, put 100% of your resources to CW. You can balance stuff and add collisions, melee, VTOLS, tanks, battle armor, and crazy weather effects later.

Oh, and rollback or scale back the LRM speeds, make them hotter or something else... please.

Or maybe they could do something CRAZY and hire more PEOPLE. I dunno. Bigger pipe = more workload?

No? Too much logic? :/

#45 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:57 AM

View PostScromboid, on 21 March 2014 - 04:52 AM, said:

Blood, for what it's worth, they have admitted to getting paid for doing some of the video work for PGI. Also, the twitch stream he streams on is IGP. That said, I do not have any references, and I am feeling too lazy to look it up. I like Sean and Daeron, and they get us more information about this game than anyone else. For one, I ~hope~ they are getting paid, and well. It does not bother me in the least.

Or maybe they could do something CRAZY and hire more PEOPLE. I dunno. Bigger pipe = more workload?

No? Too much logic? :/

thank you, i was expecting this to come from MYcrus. Some work on the videos, okay that's something. I don't think that pays the bills tho, it may help out. of course Mycrus is gonna use this info as a massive crouch for his argument but, like i said before its possible that they could and now i got some confirmation. as i said tho, they rely heavily on C-munity donations which is in no short supply. Go to their teamspeak and see for yourself, they have a great group of players behind them and that's their drive.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 21 March 2014 - 04:59 AM.

#46 Tekadept

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:58 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 21 March 2014 - 03:51 AM, said:

I don't want to believe whatever i want to believe, i want to believe the facts and truths that are known to me. Srry dude but you lost this argument in a big way.

You really don't get it do you? I am not trying to win an argument, i have stated the facts as I know them, you expect me to waste my time digging up old posts to satisfy you.

Teach a man to fish (tell you go go google and search these forums) then givehim a fish (me do all the work for you and find the old info and post to you)

If you really want to believe facts and truths, do what people have been doing for millennia, go out there and find them out for yourself, not rely on people to do the work and hand it to you, once you have researched and found the facts no matter which side of the "argument" they support, Trust me you will feel better for it having educated yourself.

Posted Image

Edited by Tekadept, 21 March 2014 - 05:01 AM.

#47 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:09 AM

View PostTekadept, on 21 March 2014 - 04:58 AM, said:

You really don't get it do you? I am not trying to win an argument, i have stated the facts as I know them, you expect me to waste my time digging up old posts to satisfy you.

Teach a man to fish (tell you go go google and search these forums) then givehim a fish (me do all the work for you and find the old info and post to you)

If you really want to believe facts and truths, do what people have been doing for millennia, go out there and find them out for yourself, not rely on people to do the work and hand it to you, once you have researched and found the facts no matter which side of the "argument" they support, Trust me you will feel better for it having educated yourself.

Posted Image

your hopeless,

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 21 March 2014 - 05:10 AM.

#48 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:04 AM

Hey. Just hopped on via cell at work to please keep this thread on topic - I.E - about the episode ft. Russ and what was said ratherthen an argument about something silly.

#49 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:06 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 21 March 2014 - 04:57 AM, said:

thank you, i was expecting this to come from MYcrus. Some work on the videos, okay that's something. I don't think that pays the bills tho, it may help out. of course Mycrus is gonna use this info as a massive crouch for his argument but, like i said before its possible that they could and now i got some confirmation. as i said tho, they rely heavily on C-munity donations which is in no short supply. Go to their teamspeak and see for yourself, they have a great group of players behind them and that's their drive.

i guess you were still in squire training when Phil was making the rounds asking the units for "help"... when the units weren't as forthcoming, he made the rounds again mawnin en ****** that so and so unit was not "helping" ngng out... this was way back when they did unit commercials...

then they started getting pgi/igp video gigs... lulz...

View PostCattra Kell, on 21 March 2014 - 06:04 AM, said:

Hey. Just hopped on via cell at work to please keep this thread on topic - I.E - about the episode ft. Russ and what was said ratherthen an argument about something silly.

you a mod?

#50 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:10 AM

View PostCattra Kell, on 21 March 2014 - 06:04 AM, said:

Hey. Just hopped on via cell at work to please keep this thread on topic - I.E - about the episode ft. Russ and what was said rather then an argument about something silly.

Care to make a comment on the record?
Posted Image
on "Topic" Maybe you can answer why is there such a long Delay between recordings and being released in the "wild"? Seems like the silliest thing to do, PGI's position changes that many times you are always "reporting" on something that is so out of date you open the chance for russ to misquote himself.

Edited by Tekadept, 21 March 2014 - 06:12 AM.

#51 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:11 AM

View PostTekadept, on 21 March 2014 - 04:58 AM, said:

Posted Image

is this BW hitting his head on the egg wall and still managing to make it in, it would explain alot. :D

BOOM

#52 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:13 AM

View PostKing Arthur IV, on 21 March 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

is this BW hitting his head on the egg wall and still managing to make it in, it would explain alot. :D

BOOM

that's deep freudian shit man...

#53 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:20 AM

View PostMycrus, on 21 March 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

i guess you were still in squire training when Phil was making the rounds asking the units for "help"... when the units weren't as forthcoming, he made the rounds again mawnin en ****** that so and so unit was not "helping" ngng out... this was way back when they did unit commercials...

then they started getting pgi/igp video gigs... lulz...

you a mod?

Nope. But seeing as this topic is more or less being so side tracked that i wouldnt be surprised if a round of deletes came i am simply putting forth a suggestion.

#54 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:29 AM

View PostCattra Kell, on 21 March 2014 - 06:20 AM, said:

Nope. But seeing as this topic is more or less being so side tracked that i wouldnt be surprised if a round of deletes came i am simply putting forth a suggestion.

I agree with you actually, I didn't intend for it to go so off topic (I was the cause), I was just explaining what someone else had said and how I felt about the "situation"...

#55 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:31 AM

View PostCattra Kell, on 21 March 2014 - 06:20 AM, said:

here, i'm promoting pgi's grab deal... back on topic...

Posted Image

#56 Jacob Side

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:32 AM

37:00 Russ is asking himself what people really want more after launch module:
A. Community Warfare
or
B. Collisions, other parts of the game polished up first, knock downs, SRM fixes, UI 2.0/mechlab improvements.

What we want:
A) CW / Faction play
:D Larger group sizes, if Faction play gives us that great
C) the polish

Edited by Jacob Side, 21 March 2014 - 06:33 AM.

#57 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:35 AM

20:15 Russ points out that clan mechs shouldn't impact pug play in any major ways. Omnimechs will ideally be no better than our frankenmechs. You can't segregate clan and inner sphere mechs in public matches. Just like what we have now: faction specific mechs being played by members of all factions, one big free for all mix up. It'll be the same with Omnimechs as with every other mech.

Thanks for confirming that Clan 'Mechs are to be nerfed into the ground and that "Clans" are really "Just another tag" rather than having any distinction from the rest.

#58 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:35 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 21 March 2014 - 01:35 AM, said:

your reading it right but you didn't hear it with your own ears, that's what private matches are for. PRIVATE MATCHES the players sets all the limitations, in relation to the 5-11, if somebody wants they can make it 1v1,i should say premium private matches. had nothing to do with how CW is going to work i dont see how you came to that.

As for deferring CW another 2 months, why would you scoff at that>? they release it and its buggy we complain but if they ask to work out the bugs we sneer at them. I would prefer they release it then they iron it out with feedback.(you go ahead with your 2012 promise, and when it comes out feel free not to participate as we can see how much it discomforts you)

I would not scoff at a delay in CW simply due to the fact that PGI is atrocious at properly estimating deadlines.

What did Russ say about CW?

http://mwomercs.com/...e-inner-sphere/

"Conservative Estimates:
- Association: July-Aug
- Planetary Conquest: Sept-Oct

Confidence is very high that worst case scenario is the completion of the entire Community Warfare feature set as we currently understand it by Early to Mid-fall."

It is now more than 3 months since Russ made these statements. They are now starting to talk about slipping the CW time lines ... the excuse given is that they should fix some bugs in the game and polish features (the game REALLY needs this done ... I completely agree). However, these fixes SHOULD have been factored into their development time line.

There is always the need to fix bugs in software ... what the statements made really mean is that the CONSERVATIVE estimates were again OPTIMISTIC when they factor in the totally predictable and expected work loads of bug fixing and polishing.

They released UI2.0 on time and feature deficient (despite player feedback dating to NOVEMBER or earlier - features, tweaks and improvements to the design that should not have required significant developer resources ... but they do NOT have much in the way of development resources). Why did they do this? Probably because a significant fraction of the players have decided to close their wallets until PGI starts delivering on some of the game play that has been promised for 2 years or more.

For those folks who have been supporting the game for 2 years .. it has been a frustrating wait to see whether anything that was promised would actually materialize. If I had to guess, PGI is now realizing that the grand ideas with player association and planetary warfare will take quite a bit of work ... and they only have a handful of developers to do it ... and they haven't hired much if any more folks to work on it ...

The next bench mark folks are waiting for is the timely delivery of the launch module and functioning improved match maker.

#59 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:07 AM

View PostTekadept, on 21 March 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

on "Topic" Maybe you can answer why is there such a long Delay between recordings and being released in the "wild"? Seems like the silliest thing to do, PGI's position changes that many times you are always "reporting" on something that is so out of date you open the chance for russ to misquote himself.

Although not involved in the process at all ... I would think that would be obvious. They shoot the video, edit it, and then it gets reviewed by the paymasters :D at PGI/IGP prior to public release with any sections they don't like edited out. So it takes at least a week for the final product to be posted to the website.

#60 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:13 AM

View PostMawai, on 21 March 2014 - 07:07 AM, said:

Although not involved in the process at all ... I would think that would be obvious. They shoot the video, edit it, and then it gets reviewed by the paymasters :D at PGI/IGP prior to public release with any sections they don't like edited out. So it takes at least a week for the final product to be posted to the website.

i thought they were uber fans that quit their day jobs so they can do this shit 24/7 for free...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users