• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:26 AM

LRM Weapon Update
  • LRM flight speed has been increased from 120m/s to 175m/s

Before the patch the LRM's were to slow, after the patch they are a bit to quick. I have given it a week of playing in the Jenner doing what needs to be done to avoid them, However I think the up adjustment was a bit to much,

They were upped by 55/m/s Lets reduce that to say a 25m/s for a 145 m/s. This will probably be a sweet spot with maybe a minor tweak up or down. But I honestly think this is the better fix for LRM's Currently they are just moving to fast.

Thoughts?

#2 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:36 AM

That is what should of been done in the first place. Small bump, see how things are then another small bump one way or the other until at a good spot.

#3 Psikez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:37 AM

Paul doesn't understand what small increments are

#4 Treye Snow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNot where I want to be

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:43 AM

View PostPsikez, on 23 March 2014 - 06:37 AM, said:

Paul doesn't understand what small increments are

Of course Paul knows what he's doing. He clearly has the mindset and experience to lead us forward with the best balance fixes of any game industry and he has the full support of his vast team of highly trained engineers.

No but seriously, this is the same guy who refuses to fix Ghost Heat, wasted months of time and money on 3PV, and quadrupled Arty/Air strike damage from 10 to 40 without giving so much as a care in the world as long as he still has a job.

#5 mack sabbath

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:48 AM

View PostMr Terribad, on 23 March 2014 - 06:43 AM, said:

Of course Paul knows what he's doing. He clearly has the mindset and experience to lead us forward with the best balance fixes of any game industry and he has the full support of his vast team of highly trained engineers.

No but seriously, this is the same guy who refuses to fix Ghost Heat, wasted months of time and money on 3PV, and quadrupled Arty/Air strike damage from 10 to 40 without giving so much as a care in the world as long as he still has a job.

Making it perfectly obvious these guys don't play their own game, especially in pugs, like their secret cross section is said to do 90% of the time.

I'll be so glad if this game ever gets out of the Beta stage and SRMs become an actual weapon again. Not very likely.

Then they top it off by announcing in pug matches, clan and IS mechs will all be tossed randomly together on teams. How's that for BT immersion?

Seriously, these guys are clueless.

#6 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:48 AM

my "thoughts" have been posted in one of the other 17 threads on the front page. My "thoughts" are there was less than zero need for a "new" LRM thread

#7 BuSab

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

View PostSandpit, on 23 March 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

my "thoughts" have been posted in every one of the other 17 threads on the front page. My "thoughts" are there was less than zero need for a "new" LRM thread

Fixed.

#8 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

125m/s was fine. They were very effective when properly used. Deadly when in team with good tag/spotter lights. Problem is noobs cry they can't kill everything from 1000m away. Now they can. Thanks PGI for buffing no-skill weapon again.

#9 Mcgral18

• CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 23 March 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

125m/s was fine. They were very effective when properly used. Deadly when in team with good tag/spotter lights. Problem is noobs cry they can't kill everything from 1000m away. Now they can. Thanks PGI for buffing no-skill weapon again.

No, they were pathetic. The Noobs just can't deal with having a "incoming missiles" warning, instead of just being cored by AC fire.

Now LRMs can actually compete at 600 M, while dakka and ER PPCs can still be effective past 800M.

#10 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:32 AM

View PostBuSab, on 23 March 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

Fixed.

so posting in the LRM threads is now bad? Explain to me how posting in duplicate threads is "bad" but posting 20 duplicate threads is "good"
gpclose

#11 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostSandpit, on 23 March 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

so posting in the LRM threads is now bad? Explain to me how posting in duplicate threads is "bad" but posting 20 duplicate threads is "good"
gpclose

You are your own worst enemy

#12 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostPsikez, on 23 March 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

You are your own worst enemy

Sure thing, not like having to weed through 20 "new" QQs about LRMs not letting the PPC/AC "elites" continue being the only dominant tactic in the game.

#13 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostSandpit, on 23 March 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

Sure thing, not like having to weed through 20 "new" QQs about LRMs not letting the PPC/AC "elites" continue being the only dominant tactic in the game.

I do not disagree that LRMs needed buffing.

#14 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

Your right they were fine before. Maybe just a slight boost in damage rather than what ever hell they unleashed this last week

#15 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 23 March 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

Hahahahah no,

I've been in those teams.

We killed things twice as fast when we got into something with a decent rack of ballistic hardpoints. LRMs were a weapon that failed at hitting things outside of 500m or so most of the time. Now, I'd call them effective out to 750m at most.

I was drilling people dead in a Cataphract-4X at 750m fast enough that I might have had a third LRM salvo in the air to paint someone's armor a pretty yellow instead. And that hasn't changed one bit. The difference is suddenly, people can actually support each other outside of LOS. And that drives tunnel-vision players nuts.

"LOL, I have a solo target! PEW PEW PE- "INCOMING MISSILES WUT?" *asplodes*

Basic rule of thumb- you have five seconds from seeing someone spot you to "get your ass into cover". Followng that rule, I've been killed a grand total of ONCE by LRM fire. In a 'Mech that goes 71kph. With no ECM or AMS.

#16 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

View PostXeven, on 23 March 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

Your right they were fine before. Maybe just a slight boost in damage rather than what ever hell they unleashed this last week

soooooooooo
a damage boost wouldn't make them "op"
but a slight boost in how fast they move did make them "op"

interesting

#17 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

View PostSandpit, on 23 March 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

soooooooooo

interesting

It was more than a "slight" boost. Add to that the big double buff to Narc and no nerf to advance target decay (or anything) and yeah its a lot bigger change than a slight boost in damage.

#18 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

View PostSandpit, on 23 March 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

soooooooooo

interesting

slight, I reiterate my "you are your own worst enemy" point

#19 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

View Postdario03, on 23 March 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

It was more than a "slight" boost. Add to that the big double buff to Narc and no nerf to advance target decay (or anything) and yeah its a lot bigger change than a slight boost in damage.

you forgot to mention the 30% increase in AMS range.
You also forgot to speak to ANYthing I said in regards to a slight speed boost being "op" while a damage buff itsn't

It's pretty obvious that most of the LRMs are "op" threads are coming from the metahumpers that can't continue playing the exact same way they have been for a year

#20 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 March 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

you forgot to mention the 30% increase in AMS range.
You also forgot to speak to ANYthing I said in regards to a slight speed boost being "op" while a damage buff itsn't

It's pretty obvious that most of the LRMs are "op" threads are coming from the metahumpers that can't continue playing the exact same way they have been for a year

The increase in AMS range barely does a thing to the ~46% speed increased LRMs.
I didn't speak about anything you said about slight speed boost being op while a damage buff isn't because
1. The speed boost wasn't slight.
2. In the post I qouted you didn't really say ANYthing.
3. unlike the speed boost we don't even know what the other guy meant by slight damage boost. But it definitely seems like he has a different definition of slight than you do.

Edited by dario03, 23 March 2014 - 12:30 PM.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users