For all the Wolf's Dragoon's Units and Sub-units

316 replies to this topic

#301 Thoren Wolf

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 52 posts
  • LocationIdaho,USA

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

Has anyone considered started Epsilon Regiment?I noticed that it is still considered open on both the WD Hub and Sarna has no information on it.

#302 SgtMac

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMorgantown, West Virginia

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:12 AM

Long ago I had talked to "Gentleman Johnny" about Joining the Widows(I think I was one of the early guys accepted). But I am at best a recreational player. Havent played since last year. Im trying to get the hang of the game now. I have played all the MW sims since Crescent Hawks. Would someone be so kind, as to show me the link for the Alliance page, haven't seen it in here. I may have over looked it. If im still ok for the Widows, please let me know. For the record though, I absolutely stink in this game... For now...

#303 Gallowglas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:26 AM

The official page for the alliance is http://www.mwodragoons.com. If you don't already have a unit in mind, see my sig and look us up! We'd be glad to have you. We have players of all playstyles.

Edited by Gallowglas, 12 September 2013 - 08:26 AM.

#304 SgtMac

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Ok, im gonna wait nad see if Clavell messages me. I don't want to make the commitment to one unit, then jump ship to another if they are even remotely counting on me. Plus, I need to get a whole lot better then 30damage average per battle. My old MW series builds just aren't cutting it in this game, the firing geometry is a bit off.

#305 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

Any of the WD units can help you improve your game. There are some amazing players in each. Just let us know if we can help!

#306 SgtMac

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

Something I noticed a lack of here, Snord's Irregulars. Cranstons Snord was cut loose by Jamie Wolf ot get a second unit out there bouncing around, but also to go track down more of the old SLDF sites. And Elvis collections. Anyone thinking of starting that unit up?

#307 DaddyP1G

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 89 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

I'm looking to get a hold of any Wolf Dragoon Sub units still around. Shoot me a message when you can.

#308 Aljo Harra

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

ok. it seems some or most of our beginning members who started this threat dont play anymore or are on large vacations.

just to let u know, our unit former known as Wolf Dragoons Delta Regiment just preregistered as:

Wolfs Dragoner Germany [WDG]

seems also that our WD-comumity forum is down for long time, doesnt matter we are still alive and registered, good luck to the rest of u. we might see us in game :D

#309 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:54 PM

My Devil Dogs are still Wolfs Dragoons. Unfortunately, if they go with the idea that they spilled at the San Francisco event last September, EVERY lone wolf and their uncle will be going for the 'achievement' to become a Wolfs Dragoon, get the colors, decals, etc...
Also, I have a feeling that no matter what we fantasize about in terms of cooperation between trothkin, in the end, we're just going to end up queuing and dropping on whatever planets PGI WANTS us to fight on and no matter what effort we put into the IDEA that we can work together, it won't add up to a hill of beans. Community Warfare will most likely be very limited when it comes to options, and we'll be railroaded into certain paths/battles - the great choice being whether we show up to the fight or not, instead of having the choice of who to pick a fight with, and where.

#310 SgtMac

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:01 AM

With CW off and running, even as a beta, its about time we start the whole working together thing that was talked about. Like no hitting another dragoons planet. All joining the same faction, so we are stomping the same people. IS there still consensus to this, I Know DWAR is good, what about the rest of you? (we were talking about it, and I got the burr in the britches to bring it up here.)

#311 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:50 AM

My experiences in CW suggest that such an agreement would be a fanciful thought at best.

I borrowed from lore and created the Devil Dogs as a 3rd, unofficial wave of reinforcements from clan space to the Wolf's Dragoons. I wanted to take the idea of clansmen working in the inner sphere to the next level. A secret group of Wolfs Dragoons doing no black ops. Bondsman maybe, but no prisoners or witnesses left after a battle so no one could report our true capabilities (clan tech). Either way, we'd carry on the crusader tradition within the inner sphere with superior technology and fight for a cause all our own. I set up shop in the House Steiner HUB because, well, they're great people and it fits with the whole FedCom contract that gave the WD's outreach and production facilities, along with a contract that took them well through the clan wars. What did PGI give us for community warfare (so far?)

They tore my unit apart. We can't have our technology (which is the only thing that represents cultural differences in MWO) if we stay Steiner, and we can't be Wolf's Dragoons if we go Clan. My unit split into three units over the hundreds of dollars and hours spent collecting clan mechs. Half went long term Steiner contracts, half went for an alternating contract, and a few went for a permanent wolf contract. That's because we all wanted something specific when we joined the Devil Dogs/Wolfs Dragoons, and really, none of us could really get what we wanted. I reformed the Devil Dogs, but lost a lot of players doing so, and the best I could do for everyone was set up an evenly alternating contract between Wolf and Steiner so everyone could play all their favorite mechs some of the time. It sucks. We should be 100% FedCom with at least some clan tech and/or salvage rights. PGI has totally screwed us.

So, yeah, that's the story with my WD's unit. What are your stories? I am very curious, how are you guys fairing in this incarnation of MWO/CW?

#312 SgtMac

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:25 AM

We took on the name of Dire Wolves Alpha Regiment. the name was to keep form Lore conflict, but we went with Alpha regiment, I think someone else started to go Alpha but let Omega 59er have it. at the start of MWO all regiments were spoken for i beleive. One was out of germany, there were two Spiders web units, BWC is still around, and we do some coordinating with them, or did, but with CW we are actually on opposite sides right now. They went Marik. the Wolf Spiders are still around also. But this is hte reason I brought this back up, as Dragoons units do we get on the same page now that weve seen what the beta has, or do we keep doing our own thing till full release? Basically all under one house/clan rack up the faction, drop together, protect each others gains.

As for how were doing BWC is a major force in Marik space, DWAR is having a hard time getting our guys on, due to school/wok schedules. No idea on Spiders, or any other units.

Edited by SgtMac, 16 January 2015 - 02:27 AM.

#313 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:25 PM

I'd sincerely love to see more cross-unit coordination. We could sincerely make people make note of our respective units if we did so and lay the groundwork for the foundation of an actual WD faction and working within that framework.

#314 Yuba Frank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

I was thinking of this the other night. We used to work together, BWC and DWAR, had joint operations before CW came out. I'm interested in discussing the future of the Wolfs Dragoons Alliance. DWAR has our TS and Omega is a Trusted Guest there. Come by for a chat.

Oh, and BWC is very successful right now in Marik space. Depending on the fighting we hold anywhere from 15 to 19 planets. I think we're at 17 right now. Having a blast.

Edited by Yuba Frank, 20 January 2015 - 06:43 PM.

#315 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:49 AM

Thanks, Yuba. Omega has been distracted by Archeage and H1Z1 and hasn't been playing a ton of MWO, but if all else fails Radick or myself could help coordinate with you guys. At the very least, I'd like to discuss how we might mutually assist one another. Maybe we can drop by your TS sometime this weekend and work something out.

Edited by Gallowglas, 21 January 2015 - 08:50 AM.

#316 SgtMac

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:10 PM

so that even if we take different house contracts, we focus on a mutual enemy.... example being BWC Marik, DWAR Davion nad we both hit Kurita.. And any others form the alliance let us know and join in.

Edited by SgtMac, 21 January 2015 - 10:17 PM.

#317 SgtMac

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:49 AM

Any new movement on this idea?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users