Tbt-3C The Legend Continues...

31 replies to this topic

#21 Trevor Belmont

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

I run a Treb-3C with 4 ML, 2 Streak 2s, BAP, AMS, 14 DHS and an XL 360. Top speed of 128 and almost max armor. No body expects a Treb to move that fast and it makes a very good light hunter. I've got a 1.94 K/D ratio on mine.

Edited by Trevor Belmont, 01 April 2014 - 12:20 PM.

#22 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

View PostMankor, on 01 April 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

I think you're right about the N for me - this thread has been sort of an epiphany for builds. I started by saying I knew it and am finding out how much I didn't know! :rolleyes:My next purchase will be the M for streaking lights. I saw an Oxide get over 1000 dmg in a match and am curious what I could do.

Shhhhh, don't talk about it too much. We'll let the cat out of the bag and PGI will be nerfing the TBT. :o :D :angry:

#23 L a S e R

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

Mankor, i have got a better KD ratio in my locust 1-V :o (2.68), but don't worry, you are a great pilot. :D

Edited by L a S e R, 01 April 2014 - 03:42 PM.

#24 Mankor

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:31 AM

View PostL a S e R, on 01 April 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

Mankor, i have got a better KD ratio in my locust 1-V :angry: (2.68), but don't worry, you are a great pilot. :angry:

Ok - the Griff pilot and now you need to link up your builds! And I don't want to call you a liar L, but most of us have a VERY hard time believing that. :D Show the mech screen and build. I'll believe it when I see it.

Edited by Mankor, 02 April 2014 - 08:32 AM.

#25 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

View PostMankor, on 31 March 2014 - 06:09 AM, said:

THIS is the build you want. TBT-3C Viking 2

Enjoy... or tell me I'm wrong :angry: The only weakness is vs lights, you'll get HAMMERED, but stay by the pack and rake in the kills.

Trebuchet is one of my least favorite mechs along with the quickdraw. Also not overly fond of LRM boating mechs. I generally do not trust the reliability of team mates to get locks - unless dropping as a group. And of course, if you have mechs with ECM, your effectiveness is greatly reduced. That said, I have been looking for a reason to get into my trebs more and your eagerness has inspired me. Perhaps I will find a new love for LRM's... ...I seriously hardly ever use them..

I like the look of this build though, testing to come.... :)

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 31 March 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

I do the same build for the 7M, but with a smaller engine, 3 SSRM and jump jets. My KDR for this load out is 3.0

I also have the 7K, only TBT variant with a ballistic hardpoint. I run mine with a standard engine and an AC/20! Most opponents are shocked when I rock them with a 30 pinpoint alpha from a AC/20 and 2 ML. Also currently a 3.0 KDR on this loadout.

Jody, its like a YLW in disguise... ..i will have to try this out as well :(

It is about time I actually played my trebs and got them out of basic... ..had them long enough!

#26 kesuga7

• 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

Heres what iv been running on the Treb 7M so far and i no i haven't been {LT-MOB-25} pitted yet

Its quite nice to be the only medium with twin 15x tubes and jumpjets with good speed and 2 midlasers going 96.2 kph

1260 because i kept running out

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...425948157d0914b

edit: i can't type cokcpitting?!

Edited by kesuga7, 01 May 2014 - 10:41 AM.

#27 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

View Postkesuga7, on 01 May 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

edit: i can't type cokcpitting?!

Alternate interpretation of the word. :)
(that somehow missed MiSs's "fixing" the world filter...)

#28 Athomahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 225 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:13 AM

View PostTrevor Belmont, on 01 April 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

No body expects a Treb to move that fast and it makes a very good light hunter. I've got a 1.94 K/D ratio on mine.

This is actually exactly what I expect from a trebuchet. There isnt much reason to use it except for going fast and jump jetting. Slow mediums have never been "good".

#29 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:33 AM

For my Trebs I prefer SRMs or streaks. I have run lrm and laser builds on the Trebs, but I really think it does srms better. Often your speed will go to waste when you're just lining up LRM and sniper shots all the time. Even the 3c doesn't need to go that fast to be effective with srms, but lack of JJs hinders it a bit.

Loup De Guerre is my favorite, due to JJs, 4 spread out missle mounts, and nice speed. I run it like a light, and hunt assaults/heavies. WIthin 50-100m you can out run just about anyone's crosshairs, and varying speed might just keep you in their rear or behidn cover. Not to mention, close range poptarting can be devastating when someone thinks they are safe from that angle.

This mech is better at avoiding damage than it is soaking it up, so all the little tricks to that end work well. It's quite skinny, so strafing across someone's crosshairs, popping an alpha while running full speed, and them just missing completely, seems to happen a lot. As far as a tactical advantage goes, that's just about as good as it gets. Strike where you can't be struck back, and even better, entice them to shoot and heat themselves up while you are getting ready for another strike. Another bonus is that strafing across lasers at full speed does negligible damage because they are rolling across your torsos and you are out of it in a flash.

Run the Treb with SRMS and play like you're invincible. After a couple missed shots, your opponent will gladly change targets to someone they think they can hit. (So make sure there's someone else around for them to fire at while you kill them :P)

#30 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:45 AM

I think i have to adjust to that being invincible stuff on Loup De Guerre,i just cant get it to work.I have to try it with STD tho.
Boating LRM5:s or SRM4:s with the 325 engine seems to work the best,but still i cant break 800 damage (i can do that with ease in 3C or 7K )

I have the old Cent champion that i use in the arcane art of SRM-bombing runs,its just like the Treb7K,tanky as hell as long you torso twist.

#31 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:47 AM

I find your lack of XL390 most disturbing...

#32 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:42 AM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 13 October 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

I think i have to adjust to that being invincible stuff on Loup De Guerre,i just cant get it to work.I have to try it with STD tho.
Boating LRM5:s or SRM4:s with the 325 engine seems to work the best,but still i cant break 800 damage (i can do that with ease in 3C or 7K )

I have the old Cent champion that i use in the arcane art of SRM-bombing runs,its just like the Treb7K,tanky as hell as long you torso twist.

I use the 325xl on my LG and get CT death or legs most of the time I die. Of course, you can't really play like you're invincible, charging DWFs straight on and such. Lateral movement, use of cover, and team support are still necessary, but playing without fear, and watching where they are aiming is key. Good people can still get you with a nice shot, but as long as you don't put yourself in real jeopardy, they usually won't.

I run SRM6s in the Torso and SRM2s/ML in the arms, so you can alpha without extra heat and also fire your arms again before the others recycle. I like to fire all 4 srms while crossing them, then firing the arms with lasers just before I get to cover. You can then jump or poke again and fire the 6s or alpha in another second. So in a few seconds you can unload everything twice and still be pretty well covered. Not to mention you're still left with SRM12 after torso twisting your arms off.

If you're really accurate you can still get good damage totals with SRM 20 and 2ML, but the lack of ammo tends to ruin it's usefulness at the end of the match. Whereas 7tons of ammo with SRM 16 lasts me long enough to keep shooting pretty close to the end. Last time I did 1k damage(and 5 kills) I did run out and had to do a bit with just MLs at the end, but it was a pretty exceptional match for targetting people. Seemed to have someone to shoot at most of the match without walking too far, and I unloaded a bunch on direwolves so they soaked up a lot without the extra kills.

There's also the psychological effect of rushing enemies that's hard to quantify, but it seems legitimate. People tend to either back off or charge you to return fire, which can open up your lancemates firing lanes. I wish there was a 'big assist' bonus, because that happens a lot. Get someone's internals showing and someone offs them while you recycle. (Another nice thing about the SRM2s)

I like my cent-A, but I haven't bought the others to even get speed tweak yet. Without the speed, dodging is more difficult, but the shield arms compensate well enough so far. Being able to use Artemis is nice though, really focuses those srm6s well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users