4350 replies to this topic

#4041 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:57 PM

here you go the one that matches up with the screen shots. kind of boring at first while the Demo Can gets in position.

#4042 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:18 PM

Damnation. Was thinking of a break from MWO, since recent developments and a new roadmap were a wet fart.
But i clicked on those videos. Sound of 'mech steps... Need it in my life.
I'll go for a few games.... Shite

#4043 Electroflameageddon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:02 PM

View PostH311FR0G, on 12 February 2018 - 11:55 PM, said:

this is either a really good joke or ANOTHER REALLY BAD MECH. as it is the urbanmech is 3-4 mil c-bills, plus about another 12 mil to make it playable (light/xl engine, FF armor, Endo-steel structure, double heat sinks, and suitable weaponry. .Nothing that moves slower than 50 KPH is very useful on the field of battle, which puts stock urbie out of commision (in fact the only advantage it has is being too slow to reach the fray in time to die with your comrades and ends up being the last mech standing on its team because it's still making it's way out of of the drop zone grid square after 5 minutes, at which point most matches are already deicided or half over). and refitting it to any useable fitting takes a lot of c-bills, so it's only useful to players who have more c-bills than they know what to do with. I have owned an urbanmech, and all in all, i called it a waste of c-bills. after sinking ten mil into it plus purchase price, it made it to the fight in time to die with the rest of the team at least... But even fully armored with an XL engine in it it was easier to kill than a pirhana, and with a light engine it dies too easy. With a standard engine it's hopeless other than being able to survive more than two components destroyed, which only takes a couple well aimed shots. i swear to god it died from a single LRM 15 volley with an xl, and 2 lrm20 volleys with a light engine. Standard engine takes about 4-5 LRM 15 or lrm 20 volleys... not a very effective mech all in all. The comando is WAY BETTER.

This hasn't been my experience.

180 XL, endo, 3 DHS and whatever weapons that fit and I have a good game. Have barely spent any space money on the little guys and I've had nothing but fun.

Yeah, every once in a while having an XL has bit me in the behind. But I've usually done enough damage to justify my existence.

#4044 Urbavore

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:17 PM

View PostElectroflameageddon, on 21 February 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

This hasn't been my experience.

180 XL, endo, 3 DHS and whatever weapons that fit and I have a good game. Have barely spent any space money on the little guys and I've had nothing but fun.

Yeah, every once in a while having an XL has bit me in the behind. But I've usually done enough damage to justify my existence.

My only 3 mechs are Urbies. Used all the Cadet Money to get them and outfit them, currently running around 8 million at this time so that I can get an Assault for a 'deck.

One fully skilled, one with 10 points, and one around 40. All kitted out the way I want them.

I think the tipping point on an Urbie is around 17 SP in the skill maze. It because fun to play at this point.

Good Urbie play is all about positioning. You are not going to stand up focused fire. You can take down Dire Whales quickly if you have cover and use your jump jets. Actually, most assaults fall pretty quickly to Urbies especially if you are in an Urban environment. Go figure.

Best compliment I've every been given was when someone on the team said something along the lines of, "OMG, that's an Urbanmech! There is so much smoke coming off of it, I couldn't tell"

#4045 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:02 PM

View Postloopala, on 21 February 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

movie

I hate you dude for this development. But i also thank you very much. I'm in this game once again. Oh, bollocks..

Mechus Urbanorum dominus est. Trashcanus Optimus Maximus!

#4046 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:30 PM

Right now my best Urbie is a K9 with a stock engine and a UAC20. I'm probably going to get the Rocket Urbie... MRM40?

#4047 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:59 AM

View Postloopala, on 21 February 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

this a short one. phone rang while dropping. missed most of the game but showed up when it counted.

I like how the enemy lights are all "CHAAAAAARGE!" when they first see you. then after you land an ac20 on them it turns into "RUN AWAY!"

#4048 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:15 AM

View PostGr Armpit, on 21 February 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

Right now my best Urbie is a K9 with a stock engine and a UAC20. I'm probably going to get the Rocket Urbie... MRM40?

I actually have come to like the RL20s on this guy... 2 ERLL for picking apart enemies at range and then 2 RL20s when they get close... Took a while to love it, but it is GREAT for finishing off a mech.

#4049 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:21 AM

ok last video of the Demo can for now. this one is really boring till around the 2 min mark were i find an aggressive Annihilator to follow.

as far as money spent. this thing was cheap. even with a Lite100 engine this was about 3.8 mil cbills. i have a huge amount of HSP to use so i have no idea what the skills would of cost.

https://mwo.smurfy-n...66c17abeea826cb

Edited by loopala, 22 February 2018 - 07:27 AM.

#4050 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:32 AM

View PostTanar, on 22 February 2018 - 05:59 AM, said:

I like how the enemy lights are all "CHAAAAAARGE!" when they first see you. then after you land an ac20 on them it turns into "RUN AWAY!"

ROFLMA yep that was is the best part of the Demo Can it can make them really rethink what they are doing.

#4051 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:09 AM

That back shot on that Raven! So freaking sweet!

Best match I ever had in a Wolfhound was on Polar Highlands when I managed to circle behind the red team without them noticing. Got 3 solo kills just by alpha-striking rear CTs and ducking behind cover over and over again.

#4052 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:06 AM

View Postloopala, on 22 February 2018 - 06:32 AM, said:

ROFLMA yep that was is the best part of the Demo Can it can make them really rethink what they are doing.

had one yesterday myself like that. piranha comes up behind me and starts shooting I turn to face it, it stays there. ac20 bye bye right torso. he starts slowly backing off, another ac20- dead fish

#4053 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:55 PM

Replaced LB-5 X with RAC2 on my K-9, fun returned. I do have another urb for RAC5, but there is something magical about slightly better mobility and 5 backup ERSLs.
Posted Image

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 07 March 2018 - 11:37 AM.
inappropriate language

#4054 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:29 PM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 21 February 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Damnation. Was thinking of a break from MWO, since recent developments and a new roadmap were a wet fart.
But i clicked on those videos. Sound of 'mech steps... Need it in my life.
I'll go for a few games.... Shite

View PostSigmar Sich, on 21 February 2018 - 04:02 PM, said:

I hate you dude for this development. But i also thank you very much. I'm in this game once again. Oh, bollocks..

Mechus Urbanorum dominus est. Trashcanus Optimus Maximus!

just saw this clip and thought of you LOL

#4055 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:36 PM

View Postloopala, on 24 February 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

Yes, exactly this, exactly Posted Image

#4056 razor30

Rookie

• The Bludgeon
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:25 AM

the power of the urbie

https://www.dropbox.....10.07.jpg?dl=0

Edited by razor30, 25 February 2018 - 06:25 AM.

#4057 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:02 AM

View Postrazor30, on 25 February 2018 - 06:25 AM, said:

Its the lightbar...

Enemies fear it

Chicks dig it

#4058 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:50 PM

Heat quirk fix has been a blessing. Mpl fits now work great even on a hot map and are silly good on a cold one.

#4059 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:32 PM

April 1st is almost here....

where is my clan can?

#4060 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:57 AM

View Postloopala, on 03 March 2018 - 09:32 PM, said:

April 1st is almost here....

where is my clan can?

They're releasing it that day... RIGHT PGI!?!?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users