• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 245 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

I get heavily damaged in game as I'm the first one to sight the enemy everybody else is lumped hiding in a couple groups. I pull back gain a high vantage point and start harassing anything that shows itself.

I get told to move twice now I follow no orders in game on not from strangers so I shut down quick to show my cooperation to being ordered to change my play style at the moment. I'm threatened with being reported, seriously?

I have had it with the amount of threats of reportings I hear thrown around in this game every day. Why are the dead allowed to speak at all?

I end up sighting the atlas and take quite a few shots on it. I work my way up to the last remaining teamate and together we take out the second mech and work our way towards the atlas. I die and by luck and the damage I helped inflict on that atlas we won.

You die your chat should die as well.

#2 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

no. u.

#3 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:37 PM

View PostDerelictTomcumt, on 01 April 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

Agreed. Good topic btw.

In fact General chat should be removed as well. After playing for almost 2 years the only general chat I see are ;

a) rude or inappropriate comments on sex, religion or politics

b.) GLHF, HF GL, 07, o7, o>, ,,I, etc

c) We are alpha star useless galaxy, Now recruiting at www.clanuseless.org, etc

d) (scenario 1 mech left) He is powered down, afk, or disconnected at F5. As much as I appreciate the info to save 5 or so minutes in the endgame this still constitutes giving away a team mates position. Treason as it were.

There should only be team chat, and lance chat.

Edited by Dar1ng One, 01 April 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#4 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

General chat is useful and it would be a really bad move to remove it just because of some of the issues that come with communication. This is your player base. For good or bad. I don't find it difficult to ignore the GLHF or the clan recruitment messages, even though I also find them to be a slight annoyance. And anyone talking that racist or homophobic stuff just tells me who needs to die first. And if it's bad enough, I'll just report them.

Taking away options isn't how you fix issues.

Also giving away positions of afks or discos = treason? You crazy. And usually if I see someone playing hidey hole with a near dead mech, trying to avoid the 7 or so enemy mechs trying to find him for the next 8 minutes, I am not against anyone berating him into action because his chances are slim, the odds are against him, and he's probably not even that good.(All of which will usually happen in team chat by the way.) Him maybe getting another kill by hiding in some corner of the cave for 5 minutes is next to impossible, so by God, go out and take your medicine so I can get my damn Mech back.

#5 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

Good to know that if I see Derelict Tomcat on my team I should feel free to let him run off and die alone.......I can assure you that based on his attitude in this thread that's exactly what I'll do.

Punks that won't work with their team because they don't "take orders from strangers" are worse that new pug players that just honestly don't know how to play yet..........

#6 ROCKET SCIENCE

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

View PostDerelictTomcat, on 01 April 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

I get told to move twice now I follow no orders in game on not from strangers so I shut down quick to show my cooperation to being ordered to change my play style at the moment.

Posted Image

#7 Ghostchips Condensate I and II

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 97 posts
  • LocationSouthern Islands

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

If you die, telling your team you saw "5 of the red team at (location here)" can be useful.

#8 Adiuvo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:32 PM

I'm guessing you're one of those assault players that refuse to actually play your class properly and tank.

#9 Moist One

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationPanties

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:28 AM

View PostDar1ng One, on 01 April 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

c) We are alpha star useless galaxy, Now recruiting at www.clanuseless.org, etc

ROFLOL

#10 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:18 AM

View PostArchMage Smallcock, on 01 April 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

Taking away options isn't how you fix issues.

Options, what options?

I can see your only a verteran founder but even you must realize that for 2 years, we, the players, have had very limited options to begin with.

Skirmish, Assault, Conquest, 3rd person, 1st person, 10 plus different chassis you can vary but 2 x AC5, 2 x PPC, art strike is the only option people use. PUG, 4 team, or 12 man. These are your options.

Remove general chat for a month. I guarantee people will miss it as much as 6 x PPC stalker.

View PostAss Caring, on 02 April 2014 - 12:28 AM, said:

[/size]

ROFLOL

Hey, Thanks for the constant emails, likes and general harassment. I know you think your my number one fan but please, stop trying to be "my number one fan", especially as you won't tell me anything about yourself.

Edited by Dar1ng One, 02 April 2014 - 06:19 AM.

#11 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:37 AM

I get heavily damaged in game as I'm the first one to sight the enemy everybody else is lumped hiding in a couple groups. I pull back gain a high vantage point and start harassing anything that shows itself.

I get told to move twice now I follow no orders in game on not from strangers so I shut down quick to show my cooperation to being ordered to change my play style at the moment. I'm threatened with being reported, seriously?

I have had it with the amount of threats of reportings I hear thrown around in this game every day. Why are the dead allowed to speak at all?

I end up sighting the atlas and take quite a few shots on it. I work my way up to the last remaining teamate and together we take out the second mech and work our way towards the atlas. I die and by luck and the damage I helped inflict on that atlas we won.

You seem like the sort of player that treats conquest like assault.
The sort of player that while there's no enemy around, and you have a chance to win the game by capping / just staying alive, charge the enemy and get shot in the face, losing us the game.

The sort of incredibly unhelpful person that doesn't play nice with others.

Also - when you 'die', your Mech is dead, your pilot lives.

#12 Funkadelic Mayhem

• Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:45 AM

heck to the fracking YES!

I am so sick of (as a light only pilot) holding off flanks turning enemy lights away to be the last standing with the most dmg/kills/assists just to have some bum-hat dead pilot tell me to xyz or give away my position.

DEAD MEN SHOULD TELL NO TELLS!

Edited by Funkadelic Mayhem, 02 April 2014 - 02:46 AM.

#13 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:36 AM

Good gravy Mayhem, the overlap on your text! Moving on...

It makes logical sense to only allow dead players to talk to other dead players. In most FPS games, communicating with the living is called "ghosting", and many games consider it either a form of cheating, greifing, stupidity, or a combination of the three.

Also those dead players who say "gg from teamstackingclan.com", oh geez, thanks for letting us know you stacked players to screw us over. Real classy. </sarcasm>

#14 Atreides76

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 62 posts
  • LocationThe Liberal cesspool that is Downtown Toronto.

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:44 AM

allowed to speak at all?

Funny. After reading your post, I was thinking the same about you as well !

#15 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:54 AM

See it that Way : When you are dead, you can use all the Time to help your Team to coordinate and share your Info with them about cored enemy Mechs and all that Stuff. Sometimes you help the Team more when you are dead (depending on your Loadout and the given Map and Enemies of Course) than if you would still be alive.

As much as I dislike rude Comments or the childish "Poop Joke/Sex Joke" of the Day - on the other Hand if those Chat Options would generally miss, it would be a bad Thing.

You meet nice People and you meet rude People, that's just the Internet :wub:

Be an Example and be a nice Person instead.

#16 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

View PostDar1ng One, on 02 April 2014 - 01:18 AM, said:

[/size]

Options, what options?

I can see your only a verteran founder but even you must realize that for 2 years, we, the players, have had very limited options to begin with.

Skirmish, Assault, Conquest, 3rd person, 1st person, 10 plus different chassis you can vary but 2 x AC5, 2 x PPC, art strike is the only option people use. PUG, 4 team, or 12 man. These are your options.

Remove general chat for a month. I guarantee people will miss it as much as 6 x PPC stalker.

Archmage Smallcock, eh? Clever boy. You complain about the lack of options, and then want to get rid of general chat. Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Lets cut off all communication, people only use it to be mean and nasty anyway, right?

And you have the nerve to try to pull rank? hahaha sorry I'm not a "Legend" like you. I was cautious with my initial investment, but if your gold bar means so much to you, that's fine. Your guarantees aren't worth quite as much since they can't fly far enough away from your questionable opinions.

We originally wanted more communication and community and competition and competetive smack talk. But hey lets get rid of stuff because we're in a pissy mood.

#17 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationSecret **** moon base

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

This is the sole reason online gaming sucks. Because you have these ********, that enjoy making it shit for everyone else, or think making the experience shit is what should be done.

And the worst part, the ******** stay, and the players in the community eventually get fed up and leave.

It's suppose to be a video game. It's suppose to be fun times with video games when you get home from work. And NOT having to put up with all these little pubescent spastics that find it perfectly acceptable to rage and have an online tanty at everyone else trying to play the game.

#18 Cybermech

Tool

• 2,097 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:13 AM

really like talking in general chat, even when dead you can have some fun.
problem really with general chat is that people don't rant afterwards to each other.
the cheeky side of ***** teasing is long gone and used to get a few laughs.

I do love dying and telling people what to do. giving them orders and making sure they will do what ever I tell them.
OR
I do love giving small advice like, they are on the left side, or your back is showing....
Don't care if ye listen, just trying to help out and buzz off my teammates

FYI telling the enemy that your teammate is at X and shut down is important part of making things quicker on everyone.
since it is just a game and you don't actually die (if ye didn't know it already)
If your sick of people only saying childish things then do something about it, speak up in games :D

Edited by Cybermech, 03 April 2014 - 12:14 AM.

#19 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationSecret **** moon base

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:18 AM

View PostCybermech, on 03 April 2014 - 12:13 AM, said:

If your sick of people only saying childish things then do something about it, speak up in games :D

No, that's the opposite of a solution. People don't launch to suddenly drop everything and have a "dialog" with armchair generals that saying childish things as you put. And when it keeps happening more and more frequently, at some point, you have to ask yourself if you're launching to play a video game, or launching to have arguments and drama over the internet.

#20 Spawnsalot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:36 AM

To the OP and others stating that they ignore people because they've seen or are engaging the other team: Do you tell your team that you've seen them or where they've been spotted moving to? Because that would solve a lot of problems.

And how is the rest of your team to know that you shutting down means "I'm a special snowflake and I don't listen to strangers!"

You shutting down, to other people, can be viewed as going afk or just not playing any more which, unless you've been ignoring everything strangers say in the forums too, is a particularly irksome issue at the moment.

Do yourself a favour and lose the superiority complex.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users