• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

Yea, as most people have said, being in a squad with decent to good people helps a ton. I started out in August of 2012. Stayed solo and some games I was getting stomped to death because you could tell who was working together and seeing some of the same names match after match. I was playing The Secret World at the time mostly and didn't want to commit to this game most of my time. I then started up playing Guild Wars 2 with my friends I met from my Star Wars galaxies days. We were trying to decide on a server and spent some time scoping out the communities so I remained solo in MWo and played in the off hours. Was mostly playing Dragons and Awesomes in closed beta. I loved the look of the Awesomes they did in this game and the Dragon was one of my favorite Heavy mechs as was the Catapult for different reasons.

So I just plodded around for several months playing those two chassis and mixing in my Founders Hunchback. I figured when the game went into open beta I would start in with the Hunchbacks and Catapults (which is exactly what I did). Now, this is a story all about how My life got flipped-turned upside down. And I'd like to take a minute Just sit right there I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air. In west Philadelphia born and raised On the playground was where I spent most of my days. Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school. When a couple of guys who were up to no good Started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'. I begged and pleaded with her day after day But she packed my suit case and sent me on my way. She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket. I put my Walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it'. First class, yo this is bad Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass. Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like? Hmmmmm this might be alright. But wait I hear they're prissy, bourgeois, all that Is this the type of place that they just send this cool cat? I don't think so I'll see when I get there I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air. Well, the plane landed and when I came out There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out. I ain't trying to get arrested yet I just got here I sprang with the quickness like lightning, disappeared. I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare But I thought 'Nah, forget it' - 'Yo, homes to Bel Air'. I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later' I looked at my kingdom I was finally there To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.

So around January, when I had more time, I started looking around on the forums and thought I should hook up with some people and get some more enjoyment out of this instead of being rolled on my own. maybe pick up some pointers from the better players. Went down to the recruitment forums and looked through the first 3 pages. Went to 3 websites and put in my app with the Windbourne Highlanders (just because I liked the Northwind Highlanders too). Been with these guys ever since. Good, fun, bunch.

#242 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

View PostDisapirro, on 04 April 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

Why do you so fear pugs having the tools needed to fight on an even field, hmmm? In game comms, or some other form of quick communication is necessary to compete against teams that are using them.

I don't fear it. I WANT PUGS to embrace said tools. The more people that become "educated" about the game, the better the overall experience is. Otherwise, there's going to be more complaints about how "the guy in the Hunchback Champion" is firing lasers beyond 540m, and doesn't know why ghost heat is making his/her life a living hell.

View Postkamiko kross, on 04 April 2014 - 12:09 PM, said:

And, you DON'T have to commit huge time or sign unholy pacts to achieve this. I went from solo pugger to unit member INSIDE 30 mins on one evening.
Being an adamant solo player and cursing at the "evil premades" and giving it the big "why should I, I want to just log on" really is just helping you miss the best this game has to offer.
Why stay solo guys?
Why cut your nose off to spite your face?

I don't have any particular issue with solo players wanting to stay solo. They have their reasons (time, effort, and social implications), which I can understand.

If one solo PUG were to hate premades, then usually there's a "lost understanding" of what premades are. That's a problem mostly bred through being misinformed and probably being "stomped" by them, only to not excuse the performance of themselves OR THEIR OWN TEAMMATES. A team that has no idea what it wants to do is something that gets crushed easily. Poor planning and experience causes that to occur. I recently lost a match on HPG because people were standing an exit of the map, and didn't bother EXPANDING out of that exit... thus putting "the team" in a barrel.

View PostNgamok, on 04 April 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

Awesome Prince of Bel Air reference...

Edited by Deathlike, 04 April 2014 - 01:38 PM.

#243 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

View PostDisapirro, on 04 April 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

Why should I (people other than you) get this, oh I don't know, maybe because it would enhance the game for the casual player and actually increase the player base.

Still not a good argument for not bringing comms to the masses.

I'm not discussing voice comms at all mate. I think everyone should have it, as long as it does not ruin the game for organised groups/clans/units-the social aspect that is. But that is another topic entirely.
I was addressing the people that adamantly stick to solo play, the types who WON'T team up and only want things their way and stuff anyone else.
This game is horrid solo frankly.
So, sorry if you got narked over my comment but it wasn't aimed to offend you....so reign your aggro back in yeah?

View PostTheNef, on 04 April 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

I play solo and love it, my face in no way feels spited. And i'm sure that if i feel like this there are many more like me so the argument probably works both ways.

Good for you then. Glad you are happy. But I am incredulous as to why someone plays a massively multiplayer game, with other people and does not want to team up with anyone. Or, the "I want to team up and use voice comms but I don't want to team up and use voice comms." :)
A pug on voip isn't the same as a group of mates on voip-one of those experiences is lacking compared to the other. I've made friends all over the world joining clans/guilds/units etc. It has given me holidays abroad and allowed me to go to places I never would have gone, it's also gotten me 3 real life friends I'm glad I met......in guilds...So I don't get why people refuse to team up/make friends etc.
It's something I have never understood and never will. That was the basis for my comment, so again reign any aggro back in any offence was not intentional.
It was simple amazement that lead to my comment. :)

So come on fellas, leave the aggro out. Not needed...... B)

#244 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

Kamiko (A pug on voip isn't the same as a group of mates on voip-one of those experiences is lacking compared to the other. I've made friends all over the world joining clans/guilds/units etc. It has given me holidays abroad and allowed me to go to places I never would have gone, it's also gotten me 3 real life friends I'm glad I met......in guilds...So I don't get why people refuse to team up/make friends etc.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kamiko first off PGI/IGP made MWO antisocial game. Once MechWarrior had huge chat lobby's like the (MSN Gamming Zone) where players could chat launch games get to know each other and do 1v1-12v12 games and above all just have fun. Then on top of all that the new solo/pug players would join teams and learn to play in leagues.

This lead to them downloading communications programs friendships and long term participation as a MechWarrior pilot. MWO has lost the meaning of what MechWarrior as a game was and what it meant to be a MechWarrior player, fan and pilot.

I could tell you a thousand stories of all the fun times I had playing MechWarrior2,MechWarrior3,MechWarrior4,and all the expansions online with my friends and teammates over 20 years. But I cant tell you of 10 really fun times I have had in MWO the same way.

Posted Image

#245 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

Oh I thought you also contributed to the cake, my mistake.

#246 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

View Postwanderer, on 04 April 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:

I beg to differ. When we were in 8-man matches, I'd go on the Liao TS, we'd get an 8-man together.

We didn't lose matches for hours on end unless we ran into another 8-man premade. That's where the "premades stomp PUGs" comes from. And heck, I am NOT a l33t player, just an average MWO veteran. But yeah. Stomping PUGs. For hours straight. Running into another 8-man was a treat, everything else was generally grinding out PUGs for exp/money.

The reason it's less true now is that 4 of 12 is less effective than 4 of 8, or 8 of 8 being organized. Put PUGs back into a situation where we could generate groups that were 50% premade, and the grinder would once again be turning.

This is 100% PGI's fault. Either they are so bad at designing match makers that they didn't know that weight class matching almost guaranteed that premade fought pugs, or they just flat out didn't care. But don't worry, I am sure their new Launch module will fix everything. :)

#247 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

View PostShakagra, on 04 April 2014 - 12:26 AM, said:

i would love to get thos 4 man teams seperated from my queues, because fighting against them is utterly stupid. 4 perfectly coordinated, teamspeak using guys with a good strategy, carefully chosen mech setup etc is unbeatable with a bunch of not communicating players.

and just to say: i don't have any plans on ever joining a team or whatever, i come home from work and want to play a few, nice games. when I want, how I want, as long as I want, with breaks when I want. i am not here for searching for other players, syncing up in ts and bla. if i wanted to do stuff like this i could continue playing massive multiplayer games like eve online etc.

i am here for the quicky, just as in world of tanks. they have premades in their solo-queue, too, but 3 persons max in a game of 15. even that ratio can be game-deciding if that group is really good... but 4 in a 12 man game is just hilarious. at least you could show us who is teamed up, so we solo players could focus fire on them since they are the biggest thread on the battlefield even regardles their mech class.

i would like to see max 2 person teams in the random queue and a special queue for 4 man teams. right now i have the feeling that it is a complete waste of time even trying to fight those teams, and i would love to just disconnect immediately to chose another mech and ENJOY my time in a good fight instead of in a 100% for sure roflstomp match

to clarify things: i don't even care about how fair or unfair it is, or how much rigged those matches against 4-premades are. it's all about the feeling you get, this utterly demotivating "well, they have a premade, thats it, just run around and do some damage until you get slaughtered and can finally move on to a real game with a chance to win. here you can do nothing."

So you would support a solo que, and a 2-12 man team que that solo players could opt into if they chose?

#248 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

Im going to put this right here because it applies to about half of the threads generated. o7

View PostDozier, on 03 April 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

100% solo que, and mirror match of mechs on both teams. People would still complain about something not being fair.

Remove all win conditions. No damage displayed. No winner declaired. And everyone gets an "I love myself" medal at the end. That is where this is going, inch by inch.

Accept your skill level may not be up to par with others. Accept you may be at times to a disadvantage. Accept that some exert more effort into the game than just logging on and expecting a win. Accept these conditions and make an effort to overcome it and try harder.

Now get out of here and go work on your game. That is what the guys kicking your ass are doing and why you will never find a "balance".

#249 Percimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

Read almost every posts in this thread and I didn't see much change over what was said on the subject since... forever. Doesn't look like many people want to understand both side, just restating why their side if important (if not the most important). I can't say I'll bring anything new, but I'll try to come with new angles.

I don't know why so many are surprised/puzzled that solo play is predominant. The people most interested in the game joined early. Players loving the franchise, many of them part organized groups/units. Over time many left: getting bored with meaningless matches, feeling betrayed on some game aspects (cool shot, 3PV, ...), group size restriction, slow progress of the game (no CW and all that should come with it) or what not. This is a free to play game, the new players are much more likely to come on their own, to be casual about the game and to play solo. Unless units actively recruit new members or tools to facilitate communications within the community/game, don't expect the majority of new players to seek groups, TS servers and all.

The Clans should bring a fresh wave of new people. The CW might bring back a few waiting for something more than death matches.

I PUG 90+% of my matches. Many reasons for that. Mostly because I don't enjoy grouping that much. I've been mostly soloing since EverQuest. I've grouped from time to time, mostly with friends I know offline, but since I can't play much during primetime I don't see them often. Call me antisocial if it makes it easier for you, but I prefer my interactions with others to be light, funny, non-personal (game/character-centered) and in short burst. In one, not necessarily negative, word: superficial. Sorry but the social aspect isn't why I'm gaming, I'm simply not here to make friends. If you think the social aspect of a team based game is what is drawing most people to it... well, I suggest you read about this article http://mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm (it's old and based on MUDs but it was applied to all MMOs and most online games).

So, what do I fear as a pugger? Fear? In a game where there are no negative consequences for a bad game? NOTHING! I AM FEARLESS!!1! When rearm and repair was there I feared black screen at launch, yellow screen and negative incomes (didn't know you could skip R&R and get 70% armor and ammo before the feature was removed from the game). If you think it made me start playing better, you are wrong. The only thing it made me do was to hide if I was badly damaged.

What I don't like are impossible odds. I don't see the points, for both teams, of having a match if it's loopsided. The best team always win, that's true, but past some point, what's the fun in it? Some puggers will blame some external factors for their defeat (premade, meta, the matchmaker, whatever). The best team always win, of course, but that doesn't make the "excuse" untrue. In their language it means "we were facing a challenge we could never overcome considering what we had". Not everyone "play to win"!

I don't know if many of you are familiar with the concept of "playing to win" (do some googling if not). In short it means doing what's needed to win. Fun, fairness, honor, displaying many skills, self-restrictions and self-limitations are irrelevant when you play to win. The only things that counts is victory (as long as it's within the rules of the game, so no cheating or bug exploitation, but the rest is legit even if it's a "cheap move"). Although I do all I can to win the match, I don't play to win. I tend to put a lot of limitations on myself. I like unpopular mechs, I see them as an extra challenge, a way to prove that I can do much with little (cicada, trebuchet, dragon and awesome are all part of my hangar :) ). It's all about self-satisfaction. So, considering my disliking about groups I don't mind pugging, just an extra challenge. I could improve my odds by looking for groups (lots of Steiners during the afternoon), but I'm not into winning enough to stomach the hassle.

Ok, far too many words for me in one post, time to launch the game and face the, if not evil, at least rather annoying friday night crowd.

#250 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

View PostRoland, on 04 April 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

Oh I thought you also contributed to the cake, my mistake.

Who you talking to?
I don't provide cake, I provide Cake

EDIT:
Nevermind, I remember what we were talking about now. No, I may have been a White Knight, but I'm the kind of guy who would have included ExLax in it somehow.

Troll first, White Knight second :)

Edited by Roadbeer, 04 April 2014 - 04:23 PM.

#251 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

View PostDisapirro, on 04 April 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

Really... I dont believe I said anything about premades. I said voice comms for the masses. You as a premade, I guess, have gotten your feathers ruffled.

There ya go talking about premades again...
:)

Roadbeer, the Premade of One.

Edited by Davers, 04 April 2014 - 04:56 PM.

#252 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:02 PM

@ Amsro & Roadbeer

So you guys seem to of the view that because of your tenure you are the only authorities about PGI / MW:O unless it's to agree with you. Anyone without your tenure is not sufficiently experieinced enough to form an opinion different to yours. OK. I get that you might be jaded with some of the things that happened in the past.

But the guts of all the hoo ha seems to be that ATM there is no function that groups of 5 - 11 can play the game and they proposed amendments that do enable groups of 5 - 11 do not meet your desires.

So you're 'trashing' (my word) the proposed changes even though they are step in the right direction because it's not a big enough step for you.

You want to be able to play Team games that earn C-Bills and Rewards and has the flexibility to be whatever you want it to be, balanced or unbalanced, canon or non canon and other people simply have to 'deal with' the parameters you put in place.

So for example, you and 5 buddies want to run a 6 man locust pack for a few laughs, the system should lump 6 other guys into your preferred game and they will just have to do the best they can against whatever the opposition is, maybe its a good thing, maybe its bad.

I guess if there is only 'your' team on the agenda, that seems legit. I suspect PGI are probably taking a view that embraces a wider population.

@ Roadbeer, I don't remember "interacting" with you before so maybe you are thinking of someone else. In any case, I do know I've seen more a few troll posts from yourself in the past but I would not assume that all your posts are trolling on that basis. You have more than your share of solid informative posts too.

#253 Lazor Sharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

did not read the last few pages of this thread, but i have not seen any one in this, or other threads talk about it... may have missed it...........

So the way i read it, with the 3/3/3/3 plan they posted, is that EVERY Drop will have a 4 man premade on EACH team, with the rest made up of SOLO / PUGs. For the SOLO / PUGs ONLY crowd, they are still dropping against premades, and the solo only crowd, should be just as pissed about that, as the PPL here wanting 2 to 12 drops with their buddy's

So where in PGI's thinking, did they NOT get that a SOLO ONLY Que, and a 2 - 12 Que with willing solo's filling in the 1 or 2 empty slots, would please both camps, and make every one happy, VS pissing off just about every one still left playing, with this CRAP they have come up with as the fix......

Edited by Lazor Sharp, 04 April 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#254 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

View PostCraig Steele, on 04 April 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

@ Amsro & Roadbeer

So you guys seem to of the view that because of your tenure you are the only authorities about PGI / MW:O unless it's to agree with you. Anyone without your tenure is not sufficiently experieinced enough to form an opinion different to yours. OK. I get that you might be jaded with some of the things that happened in the past.

But the guts of all the hoo ha seems to be that ATM there is no function that groups of 5 - 11 can play the game and they proposed amendments that do enable groups of 5 - 11 do not meet your desires.

So you're 'trashing' (my word) the proposed changes even though they are step in the right direction because it's not a big enough step for you.

You want to be able to play Team games that earn C-Bills and Rewards and has the flexibility to be whatever you want it to be, balanced or unbalanced, canon or non canon and other people simply have to 'deal with' the parameters you put in place.

So for example, you and 5 buddies want to run a 6 man locust pack for a few laughs, the system should lump 6 other guys into your preferred game and they will just have to do the best they can against whatever the opposition is, maybe its a good thing, maybe its bad.

I guess if there is only 'your' team on the agenda, that seems legit. I suspect PGI are probably taking a view that embraces a wider population.

@ Roadbeer, I don't remember "interacting" with you before so maybe you are thinking of someone else. In any case, I do know I've seen more a few troll posts from yourself in the past but I would not assume that all your posts are trolling on that basis. You have more than your share of solid informative posts too.

What premade players want is to be able to create any group size (2-12) and be matched against other groups of similar size and skill. We are ok with dealing with tonnage restrictions, 3/3/3/3, or any other metric PGI feels will make balanced games. We are ok with longer que times and more 'failure to find matches' because the gameplay will be better. We want to drop in groups to fight in CW. We want a 'solo only' que and a 'group plus solo players who opt in' que. Many of us are not interested in Esports or player made leagues.

Which part of this do you find objectionable?

#255 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:21 PM

View PostDavers, on 04 April 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

What premade players want is to be able to create any group size (2-12) and be matched against other groups of similar size and skill. We are ok with dealing with tonnage restrictions, 3/3/3/3, or any other metric PGI feels will make balanced games. We are ok with longer que times and more 'failure to find matches' because the gameplay will be better. We want to drop in groups to fight in CW. We want a 'solo only' que and a 'group plus solo players who opt in' que. Many of us are not interested in Esports or player made leagues.

Which part of this do you find objectionable?

I don't find it objectionable, I've expressed my desire for something similar many times.

What I find objectionable is scaremongering and hate posts without basis that deflect from constructive progress.

I am no self appointed champion of the PUG's, I am asking why people are hating on the progress being made.

#256 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

/sigh

@ Amsro & Roadbeer

No, stop being so defensive. We're saying that you WEREN'T HERE when full groups were a thing, you weren't around for the frustrating discussions that turned into making them NOT a thing, you weren't told that the change was only temporary, and when (in December) you were told that they would be returning, only in late February to be told "that was our position at the time" I didn't (and doesn't) mean anything to you. In short, you are lacking the context of this conversation, and the angst that is behind it. And, for the record, up until late February when the hopes of being able to play with more than 3 of your friends were crushed, myself, Sandpit, Bishop Steiner, Amsro, Ghost Badger and others you see in this thread were considered White Knights, and over the last year, we have watched LITERALLY HUNDREDS of people on our friends list leave the game.

Tell me Craig, if you were told that you were able to drop on any map you wanted, in any mode you wanted (like you can now) and then they changed their mind (after assuring you that you could) and said "You can only drop on these 3 maps for free, and only in Skirmish. There are other maps and modes available, but you need to carry Premium Time to use them (for now, but it will be MC later) and in order to access the other game modes, you'll need to go to a 3rd Party site. Would this go beyond a simple "desires" thing, or would this start to sound more like a bill of goods?

It's not like it's something that we're asking them to create, it's something that was ALREADY in the game, that was removed and we were told it would be temporary (500 days ago) and told would be returning with the Launch Module as recently as December.

If I'm paying for it (in Premium Time and MC) like I'm being required to do, you're damn right

It's not just MY team or Amrso's team, or Ghost Badger's team, or any single team. It's TEAM PLAY. and that's something you're not getting so let me explain it again.
1. You are forced to carry Premium time (and later MC) to play with your friends if they number greater than 3 and less than 11. Period, not that "Hey, I want to inhibit 3PV or Clan Tech, or whatever, just to be able to play with them in the same group.
2. You are forced to utilize 3rd party software to find a match if your group is greater than 4 and less than 12, because there is no matchmaker or lobby system being implemented (something else that was advertised as recently as December)
3. You're being forced to play with your friends who number greater than 4 but less than 12, and you receive NO BENEFIT for it other than some mild Epeen stroking because there are no rewards for it (Cbills, XP, Achievements, etc)

Why are you having such a hard time with those facts? If those hurdles were placed on ANY aspect of the solo queue, you'd and the other "84%" would be appoplectic, but because it's just the "16%" well, who gives a shit? amirite?

I do pride myself on being a troll, and there was a time I prided myself on being an occasional PGI defender, which should tell you, if I'm here, calling PGI a minimally viable developer, you should be taking a step back and wondering exactly what PGI did to screw the pooch.

Edited by Roadbeer, 04 April 2014 - 05:33 PM.

#257 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

Dude, back in beta, we could play with our teams easily. It was fun.

They took that away from us. They said it was temporary, then after two years announced that it was going to be permanent.

That isn't progress.

#258 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

View PostCraig Steele, on 04 April 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

What I find objectionable is scaremongering and hate posts without basis that deflect from constructive progress.

View PostCraig Steele, on 04 April 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

No offence dude, but you seem to be the one doing the scaremongering.

When did anyone say we wanted to force people into unbalanced matches? Where did we claim to want to set match parameters and make other people 'deal with it'? I am not sure where you are getting this.

#259 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

@Craig (sorry quote function isn't working for me today)

People are hating on the "progress" because it is not progress, it is in fact a step backwards.

And this is somewhat of the point I was trying to make earlier about being around longer, we have seen some of this stuff before.

example 3,3,3,3

Back when we had 8v8, for a time we had, mech matching, so for every Catapult on my team their would be one on yours. This is not greatly different from the proposed 3,3,3,3. For every Assault on my team there will be one on yours. It will decrease the variety of mechs used on the field because everybody will feel obliged to bring the heaviest mech they can out of fear of gimping the team, same as happened before. An Atlas and a Locust cannot be matched up against a Shadowhawk and a Jagermech. Chassis Weight matching was universally hated because it took the variety out of the game. Now granted we have more variety of mechs than we did then but it is still revisiting something already proven to fail.

Private matchmaking where I have to pay to play with friends is Not progress either. It is a step toward the "pay to play a Merc" first mooted last Easter (2013) which generated 300 pages of almost universal hate before PGI recanted the statement a week later.

PGI gave us a taste of what this game could be and promised 500 odd days ago it would be back. It's not going to be back anytime soon and that is what most Unit members are annoyed at.

If something is harder to achieve it cannot be considered progress. If it revisits previously failed ideas it is not progress.

I would consider progress to be a solution that at least somewhat appeases everyone, not pisses 16+% of players off even more.

Oh but the majority you say? Well riddle me this, "can this game afford to lose another 16+% of it's playing population, even if we aren't the target demographic?" I think not. This game cannot afford to lose anyone IMO.

Solo's don't want to play with premades any more than premades want to play with Solos, we play together because PGI is forcing us too, not because we want to. Insert your own theory as to why.

Edited by slide, 04 April 2014 - 06:08 PM.

#260 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:11 PM

I wish PGI would just come out and say that this game is for pugs and '12 mans' and just be done with it. The 5-11 private que is a bad joke that no one asked for.

35 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 35 guests, 0 anonymous users