• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:47 AM

View PostAmsro, on 09 April 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

If you have a solo que and a separate team que then you wouldn't need to sync drop ever.

All bases covered in a simple idea that escaped PGI.

What about the players who want to Troll the Solo players? Have you forgotten them? They will not just disappear.

#442 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 09 April 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

19,377 post count

Fast approaching 20k posts. Proud ForumWarrior! -_-

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 09 April 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

What about the players who want to Troll the Solo players? Have you forgotten them? They will not just disappear.

And you still find time to jest!

#443 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

View PostAmsro, on 09 April 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

Fast approaching 20k posts. Proud ForumWarrior! ^_^

And you still find time to jest!

Its more that I find time to be serious than to joke. Joking is easy. ;) -_-

Now seriously, there will be that Goon category of players, who will use sync drops to bring teams into Single player mode. You cannot deny it can and will happen. Maybe not as often but the will still do their level best to piss off who ever they can.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 09 April 2014 - 09:53 AM.

#444 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

View PostGasoline, on 09 April 2014 - 02:59 AM, said:

Yep. The end of closed beta was pretty much where everything went downwards fast. 3PV, Ghost HeatTM and the bunch of half interested fps players washing at the shores. Now everything feels like: "Hey, PGI, there is a problem with..." - "Have you seen that shiny new Banshee?" - " ;) But you have a prob..." - "Here, look that awesome new Huginn." - " -_- May we at least have an Urbie?" - "Yeah sure... Haha! April Fools!" - "Please? ^_^ " - "No."

Long story short, I want them to communicate, to interact, to listen and finally to care. My hopes lay low at the moment, just as yours... and yes... it's definitely depressing.

A message from comstar. o.O;

#445 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

View PostMystere, on 09 April 2014 - 07:05 AM, said:

Well, I will induce such revisiting ( ^_^) because when 3/3/3/3 arrives, the only thing many of us will have left are wonderful memories of battles we will never have again. ;)

You mean like when it was allowed to put 16 players all in the same TS channel, drop and get sorted into 2 random Teams, 8 of whom would then change channel while the Drop was loading? Those kind of Battles? -_-

#446 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

View PostMystere, on 09 April 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

As long as solos are allowed to join the team queue, I do not think this will be a problem at all.

I thought that was exactly the problem now. Which Team of 4, assuming one on each side, that herds its 8 Solo's better than the other, wins 99% of the time.

Or at least the complaints about bad PUG players would seem to indicate that is the problem for the current 15% of non-puggers. -_-

View PostAmsro, on 09 April 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

Not to mention if there was a solo que patched into the game today that ALL of the arguments against any size team goes away.

And solo's have a place to play free of the "out to get me" team.

And if that would work, it would be in place already. Sync dropping even 3 guys on Comms into any Solo only arena would generate the same ire the supposed Boogie4man does today. When outplayed and out maneuvered, the Losers always cry foul.

Nothing will ever change that.

#447 Randalf Yorgen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Locationwith in 3m of the exposed Arcons rear ct

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:11 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 09 April 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

I thought that was exactly the problem now. Which Team of 4, assuming one on each side, that herds its 8 Solo's better than the other, wins 99% of the time.

Or at least the complaints about bad PUG players would seem to indicate that is the problem for the current 15% of non-puggers. -_-

And if that would work, it would be in place already. Sync dropping even 3 guys on Comms into any Solo only arena would generate the same ire the supposed Boogie4man does today. When outplayed and out maneuvered, the Losers always cry foul.

but if we all change our tags to lonewolf they would never know, or even go so far as start new accounts. People already do that and have already started second accounts that they just solo with but they are still in VOIP. That's one reason why being all hot and horney over the 84% number is just so damn wrong.

#448 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 09 April 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

You mean like when it was allowed to put 16 players all in the same TS channel, drop and get sorted into 2 random Teams, 8 of whom would then change channel while the Drop was loading? Those kind of Battles? -_-

No comment as I never had any of those. ^_^

#449 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 09 April 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

View PostMystere, on 09 April 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

No comment as I never had any of those. ^_^

I have dropped against them. They can be very exciting. Even more so when you beat them! ;)

#450 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

Huh?

The major problem I am aware of is that players are complaining about the bogeyman 2/3/4-mans and the all assault/heavy opponents that are slaughtering them, hence the suggestion to having a solo-only queue and an "anything goes" one instead of the plain-as-vanilla 3/3/3/3 system that is coming.

That should also take care of the 4-mans complaining about bad PUG players. They and their ragtag team could potentially face a bona fide 12-man wrecking crew. ^_^

#451 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostEdustaja, on 06 April 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

Only thing more annoying than PGI's slow develompent is the constant whine emitted from a few select forum users.

I agree, the whining on the forums is annoying, but it doesn't affect gameplay. PGI's slow development directly impacts gameplay, hence, much more annoying.

#452 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostFupDup, on 06 April 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

Another reason why 3/3/3/3 is a sloppy bandaid at best.

What should be done for mech class balancing is... http://mwomercs.com/...-3-role-warfare

Why there is always eleventy pages of discussion after thread enders like this are posted is beyond me. -_-

#453 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

Sorry I can't really agree to this, the whole point of this discussion is referring to how the team game is too difficult to co-ordinate, if we have a dedicated any size team que teams would use it. The % of people attempting to troll and sync drop would be miniscule.

They would be reported many times and likely recive warnings based on PGI's following of said sync drops. AKA this would be a code of conduct issue.

If everyone has a game mode that works for them and it is as easy as make group hit launch then sync dropping will fall into obscurity.

It is merely a symptom of group limits. Focus on the problems not the symptoms!

#454 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

View PostBagheera, on 09 April 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Why there is always eleventy pages of discussion after thread enders like this are posted is beyond me. -_-

Ahhh, 2012. We were all so excited then.

#455 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

Because people are bored at work and enjoy posting. Alternatively even posting here is sometimes more fun than playing.

#456 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostMagnakanus, on 09 April 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

3) Yup, there were plenty of white kids in those reels, no doubt. What those reels don't show is the bunch of people sitting at home that were against the whole thing. That's the funny thing about being the majority, your silence is consent enough to repress the minorities. Like I said, you have to stand up for what you want and represent. I guess we need to get some white kids (aka. solo's) to show off in our thread. -_-

First then came at us with MC Consumables, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't going to use MC Consumables.
Then they came at us with 3PV, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't competitive and saw no problem with 3PV.
Then they came at us with Ghost Heat, and I didn't speak up because I used balanced builds and Ghost Heat didn't effect me.
Then they came for Group Play, and there was no one left to speak up for me.

#457 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:34 PM

View PostRandalf Yorgen, on 09 April 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

you're using the same info for your arguments. 84%, what's the exact parameters that this data is based upon? what is the margin of error... you have no idea knowing. the margin of error could be as high as 84% +/- but you are clinging to it pretty hard and telling the rest of us that we are wrong, or that we just don't understand. That armour getting heavy yet Mudhutt?

If she found out you were daring to go there and hint at "suggestive suggestions" on a game thread in a public forum and then left it up to the imagination of those who read it to know what you were talking about, you would be single faster than you could blink. If you really care for her you won't mention her ever again in that fashion on ANY public forum unless she is right there beside you when you do it and says it's ok to do.

Well well well. Lt General "I can't read and want to derail things because I have nothing to add but I will be heard because I did my 20" is here. (ooo, was I just as dismissive as Roadbeer?)

84% is the stat that PGI rolled out and is the stat they cite as a driver for their thoughts. Do you see me saying its correct? No, if you read the thread you would see I actually argue it is probably over stated. I even outline my deductions and conclusions. But it is still there stat, that is still the number they cite, I get you don't like it and it doesn't suit your little world but you might just have to get over that, because it is the stat they cite.

So please, tell me again how "hard" I am "clinging" to the number.

You will also see that my personal reference I even highlighted as an attempt to be funny when I made it, it was a joke. By all means go to town on it. You seem to think through the internet you can divine everything else about my life so why shouldn't you be able to divine my relationship.

As Gandalf said one time, "Go back to the shadows"

View PostAmsro, on 09 April 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

So if either of those are 100% accurate and gold, then why aren't the solo pugs getting a solo que where the rainbows and sunshine are out all day!?

How many players play in 12 man? We still haven't received those numbers yet. 84% drop solo 16% drop 2-4 man ??% 12 man. I mean that is over 100% any way you cut it, so what do the numbers truly mean.? :)

Whether you like it or not PGI can't even identify their own plan.

With a solo que the evil premade goes away. Can't game the system. Problem solved both sides are happy.

No idea, yes! ?

So the numbers they cited were 84% Solo, 6% pairs, 4% three and "roughly" 4% fours (I read this as 9% between the two buckets) and 1% 12 man drops (if my memory serves me correctly)

I am guessing the argument about seperate queues is one of volumes if those numbers held up.

Larger than 4 man groups cannot be more than 8% of the total games played (because every 5, 6, 7 man team should have a 4 in it, and larger teams than that we are double counting) Thats just the maths of it.

What does that mean, is 8% enough of a population to sustain a seperate queue? IDK.

Edited by Craig Steele, 09 April 2014 - 03:40 PM.

#458 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

View PostCraig Steele, on 09 April 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

What does that mean, is 8% enough of a population to sustain a seperate queue? IDK.

Is it a small enough number to ignore and potentially loose them to other games?

You're fighting awfully hard to defend something you claim to be against.

The other thing you appear to be ignoring in those numbers. How many of the solos would have been a 5 and are attempting to sync with a 4? Or how many of the 2 and 3s would have been a 5, 6 or 7?

I'm honestly regretting Marik Monday Madness right now, where +/-120 people would launch solo, who would normally be grouped together, but it was something fun to do to see how many people would sync when you have a large number press the launch button simultaneously and have completely random groups. :) how much of that made it into the 84% metric?

But, we won't even be able to do that anymore, 3/3/3/3 will kill the randomness of it, especially the part when we'd all cycle the trial mechs. 120 trial commandos flooding the Conquest queue is comedy the likes of which many of you have never seen :o

Statistics are why we can't have nice things

Edited by Roadbeer, 09 April 2014 - 03:51 PM.

#459 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 09 April 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

Is it a small enough number to ignore and potentially loose them to other games?

You're fighting awfully hard to defend something you claim to be against.

The other thing you appear to be ignoring in those numbers. How many of the solos would have been a 5 and are attempting to sync with a 4? Or how many of the 2 and 3s would have been a 5, 6 or 7?

I'm honestly regretting Marik Monday Madness right now, where +/-120 people would launch solo, who would normally be grouped together, but it was something fun to do to see how many people would sync when you have a large number press the launch button simultaneously and have completely random groups. :) how much of that made it into the 84% metric?

Statistics are why we can't have nice things

Where do I defend anything?

Just because I submit what they said that doesn't mean I have a side, it just means thats what they said.

As for the stats, yes of course it includes the solo's.

5 = 4 +1
6 = 4 + 2
7 = 4 + 3

Ergo, if every single 4 man team was a synch drop, its 8%.

I'm sure there are some groups that drop 3 + 3 or whatever, but then that would mean less 7 mans (because the threes are being used for 6's). It's not an exact science but at least I can calculate it from something.

What number do you want to make it?

#460 Artgathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

Lest we forget that (presumably) every player in groups also sometimes drops solo (to further cloud the data).

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users