3185 replies to this topic

#2901 luigi256

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:22 AM

Don't you hate it when your ping is bad?

#2902 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:31 AM

It's CW Friday here! Join us for CW where we will defeat many mechs and make many c-bills! I wonder what CW is like now with the rewards adjustment.

Either way it will be fun!

#2903 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:38 AM

Over the weekend we had a skirmish with an allied unit, The Cadre. We had a lot of fun and the battles were intense! Here is a video of the first match of the day we had.

#2904 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:49 AM

The second match against The Cadre. This was a good battle.

#2905 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:39 PM

I won't be on much in the foreseeable future because of some RL stuff. Smash some heads for me while I'm away!

#2906 Lord Curmudgeon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:28 PM

I'm back from vacation and rarin to kill some mechs!

#2907 Iron Buccaneer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 December 2015 - 06:03 PM

It's magical Marauder land tonight!

#2908 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 05:52 PM

*Opens door and pokes head in*

"I'm still out with RL stuff!!!" he yells.

*Quietly shuts door and shuffles back off into the darkness.*

#2909 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 December 2015 - 12:01 PM

Ugh I've been fairly busy since the start of Thanksgiving. Also got some new toys/games from black Friday so I've been off of MWO for quite a bit playing only a little these past few days.

Keep the pillaging going while I'm off and make sure to share some of the loot with me when I make my return!

#2910 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:28 PM

So, I had to pop back in for this announcement. According to Iron Buccaneer, The Brethren Pirate Periphery Confederation now holds the planet Santandar V! How exciting is that? That's the second planet we've taken since CW rolled out, and we're not even a comp Unit. We're more than pleased and our CW nights on Fridays are really starting to pick up!

Also, with Tukayyid approaching, I was reminded of this:

Ironically, we'll be going Clan this time. I guess we'll spin this as Pirates using Clan Tech to take out other Pirates who are using IS Tech! Posted Image

#2911 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:59 AM

It's CW Friday and also the Battle of Tukayid 2! I think we won't have any trouble getting drops since we are clan so it should be easy to get to 5 matches.

#2912 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:00 PM

After a two-week hiatus, I get to drop for a couple hours tonight. Yay! Patching now...

#2913 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:56 PM

Well, this CW event has been a let-down for me. My Clan Mechs aren't spry, they aren't tanky, and now they're not even all that powerful. I'm watching Atlases almost singlehandedly break firing lines while soaking up damage like a sponge and not even flinching. That's pretty cool, but when I see Blackjacks taking as much fire as a Thunderbolt, then I start feeling sad.

All in all, it's been pretty frustrating. I can't seem to find any decent builds for my Clan Mechs and the pugs have been awful. We had a match a short bit ago with a Brethren 7-Man and a mixed bag of pugs. Sadly, the pugs decided not to cooperate and went off and did their own thing while The Brethren tried its best to pull out a win. Early in the match, things were pretty close, but in the second half, those pugs ditched the group and started chasing rabbits. When the match was drawing to a close as a loss for us, the pugs started calling us out for losing the match for them.

*Facepalm*

If you're not going to participate and help the team, then you have no business criticizing it on a loss. For our friends out there, how are y'all's experiences so far? I'm seeing a lot of familiar names in the Top 5 for several Factions! Congrats to the Aces Wild, Praetorians, and Seraphim on their current standings!

For those interested, The Brethren currently stand at #32 for Clan Wolf. We've been running mostly six to eight at a time and are working to bring that ranking up. It's not too bad, I think, for a casual Unit comprised of pilots who rarely play CW. :)

Best of luck to all who are competing!

#2914 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:15 AM

It's December 7th, a Day "That shall live in infamy." Take a moment at some point to remember Pearl Harbor and the brave souls who lost their lives in the resulting struggle as America entered into WWII.

http://patriotpost.us/articles/39315

#2915 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:09 PM

MWO is up on steam under coming soon! The steamers will soon join the fight!

http://store.steampo....com/app/342200

#2916 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:06 PM

Another video of us VS The Cadre from a couple weeks ago. These were fun battles!

#2917 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:50 PM

Well, it looks like The Brethren finished at 27th for Clan Wolf:

Posted Image

I don't think that's too bad since we were mostly just running a single six-man all weekend. For a casual Unit fielding small numbers, I think that's pretty decent. We'll do better next year though, mark my words! :D

#2918 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:35 AM

I just wanted to qualify to get the tiny flag again. I ended up doing a bit more and matches were about 50/50 on my end.

On another note here is a fun match with us bringing a ton of SRMs.

#2919 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:01 PM

It's still processing, but this was a pair of matches from yesterday:

I was trying out my new ENF-4P post-nerf. The agility nerfs really throw me for a loop; I hate 'em. That being said, I do like this Mech quite a bit and am looking forward to piloting it some more in the future.

#2920 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:26 AM

To all Steam Players, welcome to MWO!

My name is Nightmare1 and I am the Master at Arms for The Brethren Pirate Periphery Confederation! For those of you who will be embarking on your MechWarrior Online experience for the first time, I want introduce myself and my Unit, and invite you to consider joining us! We are a large, casual-play Unit with a focus on camaraderie and sportsmanship. We are a self-styled Pirate Unit, the first and oldest of its kind in MechWarrior Online, although role-playing is optional. The Brethren is also a family Unit that strives to maintain a clean gaming atmosphere so that the entire family can join in the fun! We welcome pilots of all skill levels, including new players who are just starting their MWO adventure. We offer voluntary Training Nights every week to help new pilots learn the ropes, and also host fun events like our Brethren Rum-Off and Dash and Bash competitions. We even offer prizes for these events such as Mech packs, digital ribbons, or engraved Zippo lighters!

Since The Brethren is a casual play Unit, we do not require our members to purchase specific items, Mechs, paints, etc. We also do not impose any sort of mandatory Training Nights or membership restrictions. Simply put, you can join The Brethren and then play how you want to play. Nobody will impose their will on you or try to change how you enjoy the game. For casual players, The Brethren is here to provide a Teamspeak server and better networking and teamwork than what pilots would normally find in the solo queue. We don't tolerate drama or hostility, so you don't have to worry about caustic attitudes or awkward situations. We don't judge each other or hold any one person over another. Here at The Brethren, we're all equals who are united by our desire to have fun in a relaxed atmosphere.

That being said, The Brethren does offer a Training Night every week taught by me, that can be attended on a voluntary basis. Some of the topics include a brief overview of what is covered in the Tutorial followed by more advanced MWO concepts such as how the critting system, Ghost Heat, and Jump Jets work. It's typically a fun time, after which we like to go and play in the normal queues for a while to practice our new knowledge.

The Brethren may be a casual Unit, but it does have a competitive Raid Fleet, The Stormbringers, so there really is a little bit of something for everyone! The Stormbringers accepts pilots based on merit and is The Brethren's premier competitive team, holding its own specialized Training Nights and Drop Nights.

Overall, The Brethren is a group of players that want to have fun in their own way. We come together most nights out of the week for drops and, though not yet a top-level Unit, have proven time and again that we are more than capable of holding our own in any battle. Our teamwork and camaraderie are what bind us together, and we interact almost more like a family than as a group of gamers. If you are looking for a place to call home where you can relax and just enjoy yourself, then look no further!

You can learn more about us or join today by visiting our website here: http://brethrenmwo.enjin.com/

Best of luck and I'll see you on the Battlefield!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users