#2881 luigi256

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:53 PM

Well that sucks. Oh well.

I myself have gotten Mech Warrior 3 working on windows 8.1 so I'm happy about that. Here is some video of the AI being stupid. Please enjoy.

#2882 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:08 AM

Cool! I'm glad that you were able to get it working again!

Now that I'm out of Premium Time, I'm splitting my personal time between Star Trek Online and MWO. I'm working to get our STO Fleet's off the ground. So far, we're off to a good start! The Brethren have two Pirate Fleets, one for the Federation and one for the Klingon Defense Force. If anyone plays STO and wants a good group to drop with, hit us up!

We are also working up to Star Citizen. When it launches, The Brethren will have a presence there as well!

Our primary focus remains MWO though. If you need a team of friends to watch your back, then come hang out with us! There's no drama or elitism here; only Mech smashing and booty plundering, argh!

#2883 Iron Buccaneer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:03 PM

Posted Image

#2884 Iron Buccaneer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 November 2015 - 10:37 AM

Hey Thiaugux we change factions frequently. Every month we vote for a faction and the length of contract we are going to take. Sometimes we stick with a specific faction for a long time but we typically switch between IS and Clan every other month to make best use of the mechs we have "acquired". Some of us have more IS centric drop decks and some of us have more Clan centric drop decks.

We are trying to ramp up our CW presence a bit. We have at times been more or less active with CW.

#2885 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 10:39 AM

View PostThiaugux, on 07 November 2015 - 08:37 AM, said:

I'm looking for an active unit to play CW. Played some drops with you guys yesterday, Iron Buccaneer was commanding I think, also remember luigi256.

Posted on House of Davion a bit about me:

http://mwomercs.com/...53#entry4812253

I'm a Davion, as some of you are...so how does it work to be a Davion and being in a Merc Corp at the same time?

Hi Thiaugux, thank you for your interest in The Brethren! I'm glad that you enjoyed your time dropping with my fellow pilots. I am The Brethren's Master at Arms and one of the Unit Commanders. I'll answer your questions as best I can.

First off, The Brethren is primarily a casual play Unit. This means that the bulk of our drops occur in the normal queues. A couple of times a week, we have CW drop nights.

As a Merc Unit, we have polls in which everyone can vote to determine our next contract and the duration of said contract. We alternate between IS and Clan contracts so that everyone gets a chance to use their Mechs. This means that there is a bit of an ebb and flow to our CW since member participation does depend a bit on the Faction selected.

In short, if you want to run Davion all the time, then you may want to look through the Davion forums for a Unit. Otherwise, if it doesn't matter to you which House you work for,I encourage you to apply to us online. Just bear in mind that there will be gaps of time, probably large ones, in between our Davion contracts.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions! :)

#2886 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:40 PM

View PostThiaugux, on 07 November 2015 - 06:03 PM, said:

Iron Buccanneer and Nightmare1, thanks for the quick replies and for the clarification.

Have to think about it, first if I want to leave Davion, second don’t have a single Clan mech and so, would have to work on that…

Again, thanks. Will decide soon!

You're welcome!

Also, there's no pressure to drop in CW if you don't want to/don't like a current contract. We have pilots that don't own any Clan Mechs. We also have some Clanners that don't own any IS Mechs. They drop whenever we have a contract that they like; there's no requirement that they meet a minimum number of drops or purchase certain Mechs. The Brethren never requires its members to spend money, real or in-game, on Mechs, items, paints, etc. Participation is all strictly voluntary.

Also, if you do choose to join us, you can go ahead and submit an app to join us as a member, but you don't have to cancel your Davion contract (unless it's a Lifetime one, unfortunately). We're pretty flexible so if you have a month or whatever left on your contract, we won't ask you to cancel it and incur penalties.

See you on the Battlefield!

#2887 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:22 AM

View PostThiaugux, on 08 November 2015 - 05:17 AM, said:

Yes it’s a permanent contract! Searched in the forums about the penalties of breaking a permanent contract. About 1.150.000 cbills and 48 hours to join a new unit? Can you confirm this?

Will submit an app to join you guys. Have no problem in fighting for Clans against other IS factions as they are attacking Davion all the time…probably will only reject drops on Davion occupying planets…a non aggression pact against Davion, where I was born as a pilot… that’s it…

I'm not one-hundred percent sure about the C-bill amount, but the 48 hour turn-around is correct. I can ask around and see if anyone in the Unit can verify the C-bill penalty before you break the contract if you'd like.

Regarding your non-aggression pact with Davion, that would be A-OK. Like I said, participation is voluntary, so no one's going to try to force you to drop against Davion if you don't want to. :)

#2888 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:15 AM

Hey Thiaugux thanks for joining us! I know what you mean about not fighting Davion as a Clanner. We all have a soft spot for certain factions I'm sure. Personally I'd like to just attack Marik and FRR as clanners but I'll take what I can lol.

#2889 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:13 AM

It's been a little while since we had our last roundup of who's who in our New Recruits! Let's give a hearty Pirate welcome tothe following new Brethren!

Thiaugux
Jaserek
ShogunSo
mjaynes
Mundi Kundoni
Samfireball
Fiver
Misaniovent

Welcome aboard! We're glad to have you!

@All: The Brethren are always recruiting! We're a casual play Unit that favors fun above all else! If you're a busy person that only has time to drop every now and again, then that's okay! All of our pilots put RL first, so we are definitely a casual play environment! We have two different casual Raid Fleets to help sort our members based on time zones too. Don't let that stop you from joining if you have a competitive side though! Our Third Raid Fleet, The Stormbringers, is headed up by none other than Brethren Founder Night Fury and serves as our competitive team! If you think that you have what it takes to be a Stormbringer, then hit him up for tryouts once you join! I also offer a Training Night every week designed to help new pilots get accustomed to the game, or veteran pilots hone their skills a little more. No matter where you sit on the skill scale, no matter how busy Real Life may be, there's always a berth for you here at The Brethren!

So sign up today! Check us out at brethrenmwo.enjin.com by entering that into your browser or by clicking on my signature!

#2890 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:09 PM

It's the 8th of November.

Remember the Fallen.

Link with extra info for those interested:

https://en.wikipedia.../Operation_Hump

#2891 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:59 AM

After hating the Zeus for quite a while I've finally found a build I like.

#2892 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:32 PM

This Thursday, The Brethren will have a training night for meta Mechs as well as a drop night for Star Trek Online! Come check us out and join in the fun!

#2893 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:02 AM

Today is Veteran's Day. Be sure to say "Thanks!" if you meet a Vet.

Never forget the Fallen.

Posted Image

#2894 Lord Curmudgeon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:11 PM

Don't forget, I have instituted Terra Therma troll Tuesdays, if we have a decent sized group then vote Therma so you can hear the great wailing of everyone else as they don't get to drop on a cold map! Most fun we have had since the voting system came about!

#2895 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:09 PM

Come join us tomorrow for CW Fridays! At the very least Iron will be doing CW and I will also do my best to be there. Don't let me play CW by myself!

#2896 Iron Buccaneer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:30 PM

Posted Image

#2897 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:11 AM

...And some of us are ninja pirates!

#2898 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:18 AM

Whoa we have been slacking not getting a post for 3 days!

Come join The Brethren! We have fun even if we lose in regular/CW matches. And don't let me pug CW all on my own! It becomes a lonely 30 minute fight with no one to talk to lol.

#2899 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:24 AM

Site seems to be down or something luigi can you confirm?

http://brethrenmwo.enjin.com/

#2900 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:31 AM

View PostFanto, on 17 November 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

Site seems to be down or something luigi can you confirm?

http://brethrenmwo.enjin.com/

The site was down temporarily but it is back up now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users