Updated! Timber Wolf Screen Shots Revealed

950 replies to this topic

#721 ZachKells

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

Not a clanner fanboy but I will say this. You guys REALLY need to redo its legs, they're far too fat and the waist is way too high. This looks like the body of a madcat sitting on a stalkers legs.

#722 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

View PostElric von Rabenfels, on 13 April 2014 - 03:31 AM, said:

Do we know if at least one variant will have MG's in EACH side torso, or have them in the CT?
It really bugs me that the one in the sceenshots doesn't have them MG's where they are supposed to be. ;)

The prime variant is SUPPOSED to have one mg in the CT and one in the side torso. They have the correct layout here.

#723 ViridianKnight

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 46 posts
  • LocationThe Underdark

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:12 AM

View PostAurawind, on 13 April 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

Perfect legs!

yes now the arms just alittel thinner and we ar there

#724 xe N on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:48 AM

I agree with most here.

- Legs are too bulky and don't feature the typical timber wolf design
- The arms should be shaped like Orion's

#725 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

View PostMagos Titanicus, on 13 April 2014 - 01:44 AM, said:

adjust it to that

Posted Image

i'd love to maraud around with that one, PGI your version looks a little ******** sadly :D ;)

As I said befor, I love this look, but it just does not fit in with the rest of MWO.

View PostViridianKnight, on 13 April 2014 - 01:40 AM, said:

like it much more that way to !!

great looking mech, but from the pictures i would say
_ legs too long
_ torso not long enugh, it looks a littel bit like it's compacted to much , more lika a ball then an egg
this effect is increased by the long (and quite big) legs, or from the angel of photgraph

why dont u give us a plain front and side view, vith the horizon im the center of the picture ;?!!?!?

https://static.mwome...rwolf_paint.jpg
for comparrison

otherwise great!

And just how is that one NOT "leggy"?

Edited by Nathan K, 13 April 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#726 uglydisease

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

From a tactical perspective tall legs can be quite advantageous. They can hold enormous armor and elevate the mechs weapons so the thing doesn't fire into a hill. As to the esthetics of the thing I'm more interested in how the joints move than in the total length of the legs. I don't see anything wrong with skinny mech in principal at least.

#727 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostNathan K, on 13 April 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

As I said befor, I love this look, but it just does not fit in with the rest of MWO.

I disagree. I copied the image from Navid and modified it by shifting the legs outside and replacing the Cataphract arms against Orion arms. Sure, it doesn't look perfect because this is a 15 min Photoshop work. However, It fits in quite good with the rest of MWO.

Posted Image

If the shoulders to arms bridge would be a little smaller and the torso slightly larger, it would be perfect.

Edited by xe N on, 13 April 2014 - 11:31 AM.

#728 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

the Mad kitty looks like it will fit right into MWO, dunno looks like the art department nailed it, this is the only version of the mech that I actually liked, that I have seen through the years.

#729 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

View PostKrigg, on 12 April 2014 - 07:53 PM, said:

this i want to see ))
Posted Image

Actually this might be the only improvement that I'd like to see on it. Makes it's legs a bit less fat, although I do understand that they have strived for more realism. And for the most parts it looks good (in the pictures with sensible perspective, whatta hell was that first pic?) ... nasty looking mech. If I wasn't IS, I might even say iconic ;)
And look at the arms, looks like much of the arm pod is changeable, perhaps all of that will change with different loadouts. Actual modularity in mechs, bravo!

I do not understand some people wanting those tiny thin legs, that book cover... seriously, that ugly duckling.

#730 ilKhan_OrHan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

This game is a long long ways from being considered one of the best F2P games, however the art direction has always been MWO's strongest asset. Mech designs in this game have always been the best I have seen anywhere and the Timber Wolf is no exception. Keep the thicker arms and legs, looks perfect the way it is. Everyone wants it to resemble the older Timber Wolf designs from the older MechWarrior games they played without caring that all those old mech designs were fugly compared to the ones in this game. I played several old MechWarrior games as well and this Timber Wolf design, as is, is the best by far.

Also recommend releasing Timber Wolf in the first wave of c-bill Clan mechs to win back people PGI have alienated with their unfulfilled promises.

Edited by Master OrHan, 13 April 2014 - 02:23 PM.

#731 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

View Postxe N on, on 13 April 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

I disagree. I copied the image from Navid and modified it by shifting the legs outside and replacing the Cataphract arms against Orion arms. Sure, it doesn't look perfect because this is a 15 min Photoshop work. However, It fits in quite good with the rest of MWO.

Posted Image

If the shoulders to arms bridge would be a little smaller and the torso slightly larger, it would be perfect.

10% for the first one, 25% for the second one. (Arms could be about 10% thicker, ball joints about 10% smaller.)

Edited by Nathan K, 13 April 2014 - 06:04 PM.

#732 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

View PostRedDragon, on 12 April 2014 - 01:47 AM, said:

Yeah, but then do it this way:

Posted Image

Who the hell would mount the missiles that go up after being fired, especially so in MWO, underneath the PPC barrels?

The way arm mounted hardpoints work in MWO, unless the arms are lacking lower arm actuators, they pretty much have to go on the lower arm no matter if the hardpoint is ballistic, energy, or even missile. You can't have arm mounted weapons that are aimed separately from where you are aiming your arms. They're not going to create an entirely new set of animation points to mount turrets onto the shoulders that move in the same direction that the hands are pointing either, so the weapon will have to be located on the lower arm.

#733 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostElric von Rabenfels, on 13 April 2014 - 03:31 AM, said:

Do we know if at least one variant will have MG's in EACH side torso, or have them in the CT?
It really bugs me that the one in the sceenshots doesn't have them MG's where they are supposed to be. ;)

The MGs are actually where they're supposed to be according to the stats in the BattleTech game. The images in the TRO's have always been off, showing a symmetrical design when it wasn't symmetrical. I've thought it was always off too, but in 20 years they never made an errata for the TRO's that corrected the stats to match the image they attached to it.

#734 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

View PostSgtMagor, on 13 April 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

the Mad kitty looks like it will fit right into MWO, dunno looks like the art department nailed it, this is the only version of the mech that I actually liked, that I have seen through the years.

Imho i also think this *version* of the madcat it's gorgeous.

Also it's worth to notice even some ppl complained back in the day about the Stalker Legs but today almost no one cares.

P.S: Also everyone personal choice will always make ppl discuss about the looks. I do love the Vulture from MW4 (a.k.a MK II) and i do hope that PGI choose to release it with hexa arms like the Madcat instead barreled ones like an Orion..
but until that day comes i keep corssing fingers and praying

#735 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

Why don't the devs like curves?

It was easily done in living legends... ...ah the glory days...

Posted Image

And just for the sake of it.. ...the maps!!!

Posted Image

Edited by White Bear 84, 13 April 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#736 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 13 April 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

The prime variant is SUPPOSED to have one mg in the CT and one in the side torso. They have the correct layout here.

Based on the similarity to the non-prime concept art, I would assume the in game pics are not the Prime version, but instead the non-prime.

#737 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

I don't care what anyone says. I want to see that Ryoken.

#738 Elric von Rabenfels

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:21 PM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 13 April 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

The MGs are actually where they're supposed to be according to the stats in the BattleTech game. The images in the TRO's have always been off, showing a symmetrical design when it wasn't symmetrical. I've thought it was always off too, but in 20 years they never made an errata for the TRO's that corrected the stats to match the image they attached to it.

Oh dear, I suppose I don't have to feel too ashamed of getting it wrong, then. Not a BT buff at all. I spend too much time researching medieval history, can't delve that deep into BT as well...

I'd -prefer- it to have a symmetrical design, but if BT says no, then, well, no.
Thanks for clearing this up.

#739 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

View PostElric von Rabenfels, on 13 April 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

Oh dear, I suppose I don't have to feel too ashamed of getting it wrong, then. Not a BT buff at all. I spend too much time researching medieval history, can't delve that deep into BT as well...

I'd -prefer- it to have a symmetrical design, but if BT says no, then, well, no.
Thanks for clearing this up.

While I would also prefer it too, you'd then be able to carry 4 UAC/20s with PGI's mix and match parts ability.

There's also this:

Timber Wolf Prime
Spoiler

So not only did this thing have to fit its weapons and ammo, servos and actuators, etc., but it also had to be able to carry a squad of infantry in battle armor! (And people expect that walking PENCIL of old designs shared with another American cartoon to somehow manage to carry it all?)

Edited by Koniving, 13 April 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#740 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

View PostButane9000, on 13 April 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

I don't care what anyone says. I want to see that Ryoken.

And Puma, while we're at it.

44 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 44 guests, 0 anonymous users