Cash At Login - Nothing Works!

55 replies to this topic

#41 Lovegeometry

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:44 AM

ok guys here is the situation, at least for me. Even though when I bought the new computer is was better (on paper) and had all the requirements to run MWO as per the box it seems that it would not recognize the shared memory for the video card. I did a search for "will it run on my computer" and found one that actually ran a specific diagnosis for MWO vs my system and lord and behold it said that my video card only has 32mb of memory and it needed at least 256mb. So I just bought me a cheap video card (actually lower than my current one) that has 1gig mem and installed it ($50). The game works now. Kind of sad that I went out and spend more money on a new system to end up getting not much better of a product than I originally had.

#42 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

Greetings,

I find it hard to believe that you purchased a new system and it came with a video card that only had 32Mb. (that's 15yr old tech)
I didn't even think Win7 will run the display correctly with only that amount of vid ram, something fishy going on there.

What was the make and model of that 'card that wouldn't work? Maybe the onboard Ram was defective and you can get a replacement.

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 01 August 2014 - 04:08 PM.

#43 Gen0

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

View Post9erRed, on 01 August 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

Greetings,

I find it hard to believe that you purchased a new system and it came with a video card that only had 32Mb. (that's 15yr old tech)
I didn't even think Win7 will run the display correctly with only that amount of vid ram, something fishy going on there.

What was the make and model of that 'card that wouldn't work? Maybe the onboard Ram was defective and you can get a replacement.

9erRed

It doesn't have 32MB, read it again. It's just that MWO thought that it did.

The fact that after 3 pages of troubleshooting he hasn't told us what it is does make me wonder though.

#44 Lovegeometry

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:33 AM

I have an Inspiron Dell, i5-3300 processor running at 3Ghz with 8 Ram. Video is Intel HD integrated graphics 4000 which was supposed to be better than the one I bought, a Radeon HD 6450.

#45 dabicloud11

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:52 AM

I'm having the same issue, bought windows 7 HP for this laptop, with the same specs as the person above!
Ive tried everything thats been posted, and it doesnt work, any other ideas? (Including moving the game folder from Program Files (x86)

Ive sold the problem for myself. The issue was that the system.cfg file was empty, there was no text in it. I reccomend checking yours. :x

Edited by dabicloud11, 03 August 2014 - 12:19 PM.

#46 Celegrim

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

View Postdabicloud11, on 03 August 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

Ive sold the problem for myself. The issue was that the system.cfg file was empty, there was no text in it. I reccomend checking yours. :x

How do you check this file? Mine says that it is 0 KB. Also, how would I repair it?
Does anybody else have this problem?

#47 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:41 AM

View PostTrent Leslie, on 06 August 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

How do you check this file? Mine says that it is 0 KB. Also, how would I repair it?

try deleting it and then run the repair tool. you can run the repair tool through the patch screen its an option in the settings icon at the top right corner.

#48 Celegrim

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

Okay, I'll try that when I get off of work today. Also, (and I know that we've pretty much gotten away from Windows 8.1 being the problem) a good friend installed MWO on his new desktop with Windows 8.1, and it ran for him.

#49 GunnyKintaro 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:13 PM

Be happy they ruined the game anyway.....

#50 dabicloud11

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:39 PM

View PostTrent Leslie, on 06 August 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

I had to find the config settings online and paste. I had to do the same for system over ride when that was made, or that would crash me aswell.

#51 Celegrim

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

I was looking through another thread on the forums, and someone was saying they were missing some .PAK files. I looked at the omicron logs and they say that the texture files for lasers and ppc were dangerous. Here are the specific logs:

<20:52:12> [Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop0.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop0.dds]

<20:52:12> [Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/ppc_beam_b.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/ppc_beam_b.dds]

These are the only two errors I get right before it crashes, and they are under the mechlab header. I've been able to locate the specific files, but I'm not sure how I would go about fixing or at least replacing them. I'm not sure what the "only single mip" means either. Does anybody know where I would be able to get these? Or do I have to just email support asking for them?

Edited by Trent Leslie, 10 August 2014 - 06:55 PM.

#52 Celegrim

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

I just tested all of the .PAK files with 7 zip, and there were no errors. Anybody know why it would be flagging those two texture files as dangerous?

#53 Celegrim

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:14 PM

Also, killing Avast! (free version) in the Task Manager and then trying to log in didn't work either.

#54 Teckpriest

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:16 PM

This is still an issue, why have devs not addressed it? I'm having the exact same problems mentioned here with the same log output:

<00:51:22> TrackIRManager: DLL Location key not present
<00:51:22> TrackIRManager: Error initializing NPClient interface!! (Err: 4)
<00:51:22> TrackIRManager: Error registering window handle!!
<00:51:22> TrackIRManager: Error querying NaturalPoint software version!!
<00:51:22> TrackIRManager: Error stopping cursor
<00:51:22> TrackIRManager: Error starting data transmission

<00:53:25> [Error] <Flash> Error: GFxLoader failed to open 'Libs/UI/System\../Screens/Assets/UIWebDownloads/DailyStock.jpg' [Libs/UI/System\Main.gfx]
<00:53:25> [Error] <Flash> GFxLoader failed to open "Libs/UI/System\../Screens/Assets/UIWebDownloads/DailyStock.jpg" [Libs/UI/System\Main.gfx]
<00:53:25> [Error] <Flash> Error: GFxLoader failed to open 'Libs/UI/System\../Screens/Assets/UIWebDownloads/Stock.jpg' [Libs/UI/System\Main.gfx]
<00:53:25> [Error] <Flash> GFxLoader failed to open "Libs/UI/System\../Screens/Assets/UIWebDownloads/Stock.jpg" [Libs/UI/System\Main.gfx]

#55 bane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:09 AM

Curious, if you are using a built-in graphics card (i.e. a laptop), have you went into the bios of the computer to see how much memory is allocated for the video card? Also, if you have more then 4GB of RAM, are you running a 64bit version of Windows? 32 Bit versions of Windows cannot actually use anything over 4GB (there's more to it then that, but lets leave it at that for now), which means that your video card maybe accessing less then you think it is.

And yes, the game does run on Windows 8.1, but it doesn't mean you might not have something specific in 8.1 that is causing you the additional problems.

#56 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 October 2014 - 11:09 AM

Greetings all,

Reference the BIO's settings for the 'onboard card'
- Within those bios settings there should be a setting to confirm how much ram is on the card, there should be at least 3 or 4 setting that can be selected. Depending on the card and amount of VRam.
- Check that the card is not defaulted to the lowest setting and not 'using' all that's available.

Be very carful in what your change or alter, read the tech manual about what the different setting actually do.

9erRed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users