104 replies to this topic

#21 Genesis Rex

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 36 posts
  • LocationUnity City

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

I'm sorry, but this is a horrible idea. I can understand that it can be frustrating--to those who do not want to play the game--to scrape together enough C-Bills for whatever purchase they may need, but it's part of the game.

In fact the inability to purchase C-Bills with MC was what prevented the game from becoming pay-to-win. Bad deal or no this crosses an unfortunate line.

#22 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

In fact the inability to purchase C-Bills with MC was what prevented the game from becoming pay-to-win. Bad deal or no this crosses an unfortunate line.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What line? PGI/IGP never said MWO was not going to be PAY2WIN? please put a link to where they said MWO was now ever PAY2WIN?
I think mech prices mechbay prices these bundles are a rip off but its buyers beware.

Im just glad I did not fall for all the virtual merchandising BS free to play games want you to pay.

Posted Image
I always wondered if F2P meant free to play or free to pay? now with MWO I know for sure. :angry:

Edited by PappySmurf, 22 April 2014 - 05:13 PM.

#23 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

View PostGenesis Rex, on 22 April 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but this is a horrible idea. I can understand that it can be frustrating--to those who do not want to play the game--to scrape together enough C-Bills for whatever purchase they may need, but it's part of the game.

I'm not sure I follow. How is it pay-to-win? What recurring and required cbill purchase are you referring to that this alleviates/removes for those who fork over the MC?

How is this not just pay-a-lot-to-equip-double-heat-sinks or even overpay-to-try-out-a-new-loadout-that-may-or-may-not-work?

You still can't pay to master the damn thing which, correct me if I'm wrong, is way more time intensive to accomplish than grinding 1,000,000-6,000,000 Cbills. So what 'win' are you, in fact, 'paying' for?

Edit:
Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but if you've played enough to have a mastered Mech (one of the many requirements to be truly competitive) you probably have more than enough Cbills to equip it with whatever FOTM meta build is currently dominating all comers.

Edited by Domenoth, 22 April 2014 - 05:21 PM.

#24 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

People have some very strange definitions of "winning".

#25 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

PGI you'd be better off offering a monthly subscription service.

#26 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

I hate pay to win, but this is absolutely not pay to win. Are you kidding me? If you were, and I don't agree with this myself, to say something was P2W its not going to be Hero Mechs? Or Coolant Flush?

BTW to anyone that thinks this is P2W, not only could you do this already, but you can do it better than this 'deal' here. That was very common in Closed Beta, you would spend your MC (that would return later) and you would buy mechs to sell to change out other mechs.

Yep you young whippersnappers we even didn't have Endo-DHS-FF Armor. We had Repair and Rearm.

And another thing! Back in my day it was 8v8 and we liked it on the 4 maps! And 8 mechs! And I'm sleepy, what was I saying again?

#27 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

View PostNacon, on 22 April 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

So now it's pay to win?

Great...

How the f@#K is it "pay to win"?

I have nearly 100M c-bills and I still haven't been able to buy this magical "pay to win" button that some of you people keep talking about.

#28 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

In fact, the next person that mentions MWO and P2W in the same sentence is getting kicked in the f@#king teeth....by my Battlemaster.

#29 xJohnWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

For 1600 MC you can purchase a Cicada Champion, then sell it and the equipment for 3.5mil. Which is around 2200 cbills per mc instead of the measly 1625 c-bills per mc for even the top package. Below you can see the math breakdown.

1,100,000 @ 800 = 1375 cb/mc
2,400,000 @ 1600 = 1500 cb/mc
6,500,000 @ 4000 = 1625 cb/mc

Breakdown for all Champions:

Champions - CBill Sell value @ MC cost
SDR-5K(C) - 2636258 @ 1235 = 2134 cb/mc -BETTER!
JR7-F(C) - 3067911 @ 1450 = 2115 cb/mc -BETTER!
CDA-2A(C) - 3551523 @ 1600 = 2219 cb/mc -BEST! <---- TOP DEAL
BJ-1(C) - 3016837 @ 1695 = 1779 cb/mc - Better!
HBK-4P(C) - 1981946 @ 1800 = 1101 cb/mc
CN9-A(C) - 2075946 @ 1850 = 1122 cb/mc
DRG-5N(C) - 4066139 @ 2550 = 1594 cb/mc
CPLT-A1(C) - 2757257 @ 2790 = 988 cb/mc ------- OUCH!
CTF-3D(C) - 3115394 @ 4945 = 630 cb/mc ------- OUCH x2! <---- WORST
VTR-9S(C) - 5522115 @ 3725 = 1482 cb/mc
STK-3F(C) - 5822239 @ 3815 = 1526 cb/mc
HGN-733C(C)- 4367794 @ 4335 = 1007 cb/mc
AS7-RS(C) - 4983988 @ 4685 = 1063 cb/mc

And finally... some data on the the other mechs:

1250 cb/mc is the standard rate for regular mechs while not on sale for what you can get in cbills selling them after purchasing them for MC. So at least the c-bill bundles beat that...
Hero mechs vary greatly, and are priced at 75MC per ton regardless of the value of their equipment. Because of that they are definitely not worth purchasing with MC to sell for C-bills.

Conclusion:
We've always have C-bill packages that you can purchase with MC. They are called the SDR-5K(C)@2134 cb/mc, the JR7-F(C)@2115 cb/mc, and the CDA-2A(C)@2219 cb/mc. We've also always had regular mechs at 1250 cb/mc or while on sale at 30% off for 1785 cb/mc and at 50% off for 2497 cb/mc. The next 50% off sale is the ON1-V today! It's just that now PGI has released (without doing math it seems) official c-bill packages that are called C-bill bundles for a much worse price. This is similar to their recent starter bundles and how much sense those did not make...

Thinking of buying C-bills with MC? Use the Cicada CDA-2A(C) c-bill bundle available 24/7, or wait for regular mechs to be on sale for more than 30% off. More bang for your buck!

My original post on this topic:
http://mwomercs.com/...e-is-math-here/

Edited by xNoSkillz, 22 April 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#30 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

Increase the amount of cbills + introduce a gifting system and i might be convinced to buy such a package for a friend...

#31 GoManGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

I guess I will never understand IGP/PGI's thinking instead of a steady diet of regular good pricing like most mechs average 800-1500 MC and standard free mech bays with all mechs purchased then just selling there bling items like camo,etc for a bit more all the pricing seems 50% to high on everything then they want you to buy Cbill bundles only a fool would purchase.

Even if they doubled the Cbills in these bundles for hard cash if still would not be a deal maybe 26,000,000 for 4000 MC at the least would be a fair exchange.

#32 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

PGI being super dumb!
*scrolls*
Very dumb
*scrolls*
much hate
*scrolls*
v

View PostGoManGo, on 22 April 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

Posted Image

Oh hey there, so its not all doom and gloom here.

#33 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:47 PM

You guys seriously have no idea of how to entice players to spend money do you....?

I mean really? so you can buy 1 million cbills for 800MC which isn't even a purchasable amount of MC.....

That means players must buy 1250 mc to purchase an 800mc bundle. Your cbills and MC have no direct correlation to cost. Not to mention you can't buy crap for 1million cbills. PGI you're seriously out of sync with industry standards and your player base. So what would be the point of spending $7 for for 1250MC when you only need 800MC to convert into 1million cbills that won't allow you to buy anything worth much. So if you want to buy a decent size XL engine or *gasp* anything bigger than a light mech, you've got to spend $20 for most things. Then have left over MC that's just about worthless because the amount you have left over isn't going to cover the cost of anything.

Does that last paragraph seem very complicated, convoluted, and messy? If you think that it does, I agree. That's also the exact situation PGI has going on with their premium economy. This, apparently, is a much better system than xxMC = xx cbill direct conversion, bringing premium prices down a bit, and simply being able to by a bundle of MC or Cbills for that matter that are needed or at least very close to what's needed for a single purchase as opposed to having to buy a much larger package than is needed for your purchase....

PGI seriously, do you guys have some sort of aversion to taking simple steps to things as opposed to taking the most complicated and expensive process possible?

I'm not complaining one bit about being able to buy cbills for MC. I'm pointing out that your entire economic model is just out of touch with your player base (much like many many other decisions made over the past two years).

#34 Dredhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationSpace Colony Texas

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

This bundle stuff is for people to lazy to grind C-bills or don't have the time to grind C-bills...

#35 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

View PostxNoSkillz, on 22 April 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

It's just that now PGI has released (without doing math it seems) official c-bill packages that are called C-bill bundles for a much worse price. This is similar to their recent starter bundles and how much sense those did not make...

Thinking of buying C-bills with MC? Use the Cicada CDA-2A(C) c-bill bundle available 24/7, or wait for regular mechs to be on sale for more than 30% off. More bang for your buck!

My original post on this topic:
http://mwomercs.com/...e-is-math-here/

Perfect example. lol
Can you imagine if you walked into a super market and a 12pack of coke was $5 but they have a "special" offer where if you buy 3 it only costs you $17 as long as you buy them in a bundle.

If anyone had ANY doubts that PGI has absolutely no idea on how to collect, interpret, and otherwise use data, this SHOULD prove it.

View PostDredhawk, on 22 April 2014 - 07:49 PM, said:

This bundle stuff is for people to lazy to grind C-bills or don't have the time to grind C-bills...

that's the case for ANY F2P game that has premium currency. There's nothing wrong with that. It's the fact that they're math is horrible and it's become quite apparent that they have no idea on how to plan and do simple math on the value of their MC and such.

#36 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

Is PGI still working with that GamesAnalytics consulting company that the publisher foisted on them?

#37 Vermonster

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

Exhibit A is what we call the "Idiot Tax."

Exhibit B is what we call "How to ruin a Franchize in 10 easy steps"

#38 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 22 April 2014 - 07:57 PM, said:

Is PGI still working with that GamesAnalytics consulting company that the publisher foisted on them?

If so they need to be fired.

#39 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

Guys its okay, they must have tried it out first in DevTycoonTM and it must have been profitable so it has to work right.... RIGHT?!

#40 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users