159 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

This thread is to cover any qualitative feedback regarding UI 2.0. If you would like to report specific bugs with the preview, please use the New Issues thread.

Please follow the questionnaire provided. This is to help us better organize and process your feedback after the test.

1) What is it that you like about the Launch Module? (Please enter as many items as you wish.)
2) What do you like least about the Launch Module?
3) What are your impressions of the Weight Class Restrictions?
4) Any other comments, concerns or suggestions?

#2 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 23 April 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

1) What is it that you like about the Launch Module? (Please enter as many items as you wish.)

Cancel button is nice
Faction Tag now in social tab friends list, kinda cool
Being able to move people between teams in Premium Private Match
Changing consumables on mech is nice in the Private Match Screen.

Movement into Private Match System is kind of clunky, putting a layer on top of a layer on top of a layer and having to toggle back between social and Private Match screen to invite people. Many clicks

Didn't notice a huge difference in weight matching as opposed to how it stands now, as far as the final match scores. 12/4, 12/6, 2/12, 8/12, 12/9, 12/1

1. Private Match Selection should be removed from having an extra step prior to the "Quick Launch" Solo drop screen. If you're going to be in the Private Match system, it stands to reason that you are going to be in a group.
2. The ` key brings up a "debugger', it's my push to talk key, so that's annoying :lol:
3. Had a match with 2x3man premades on one team. Daemur was in the match.
4. Locking out more than 3 of a weight class works, unable to drop with 4 of any class.
5. Crash to Desktop as group lead coming out of Premium Private Match.

On the whole, the system seems nice, but it is still bloated with UI layers. Can't do this in that screen, can't do that in this screen. lots of opening and closing windows to navigate around.

Edited by Roadbeer, 24 April 2014 - 01:44 PM.

#3 Why Run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 370 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

Question about hit-detection. I'm having massive problems with terrain collision. Aiming looks clear, shots are hitting things that are way below the LOF. Is this known on the test server? Example. HPG Manifold. I was walking up the ramps, shooting at someone at the top, it was hitting invisible walls...

#4 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

Work in Progress.

Can't answer. Game crashed me out of a match and haven't been able to find another. Almost all of Launch Module is under the hood and would only be reflected in the way matches unfold, can't test that. Will try again later.

Though the Private Match Lobby looks very clean and polished at first glance.

No impression or feedback on the expected wait times for the different weight classes.

No Browser system for Private Matches, must be able to field 24 players to fill one up.

Your UI Designer seems to have a Checkbox Fetish.

Must be a paying customer to compete in player run tournaments now, since Map Selection is locked behind a paywall and is one of the most basic features of a tournament.

Crashes kept me out of matches.

Provide an average wait time for every weight class in public queue.

Provide a means to set Private Match Lobbies to Open and have them appear in a server browser.

Use buttons for binary choices instead of new windows and checkboxes.

Move Map Selection from Paid Options to Free Options in Private Matches.

Edited by SuckyJack, 24 April 2014 - 12:08 PM.

#5 BulletChief

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 292 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

i'll fill it in after i can get into a game!

after several attempts i still can't find a game, even after 10+ minutes...

Edited by BulletChief, 24 April 2014 - 12:37 PM.

#6 Dark Radiance

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

Well, I didn't like anything because it never was able to find a match to join.

It couldn't find me a match. I chose Public Match, Assault & Skirmish Mode and a Heay Mech. It just sat "Searching" for 25+ minutes before I gave up. I restarted the client, tried again, waiting 5+ minutes and nothing. Hit the cancel button, Switched to an Assault mech, same problem after 5+ minutes. Canceled, Switched to a Medium mech same problem. No results.

IDK, I couldn't find match w/ anything.

Make it work? :lol:

Edited by Dark Radiance, 24 April 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#7 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:05 PM

I do notice that the Mech Lab seams more free flowing
Cancel Button on the search window with the auto ready up for rest of group is a nice touch
Seeing who is in a group and group leaders before in you the group helps alot.

So far match wait times Had to cancel searching when selecting one of the 3 modes over 5min wait times had real quick launch when I had all the modes selected.
Getting a warning " Error Failed to find available server on 2 v 1
Dont like we could not get a match (2 v 1) 2 accounts have prem time running and one didnt.

Seems to balance nice but that might change as more people try and log in tonight

View PostRoadbeer, on 24 April 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

Private Match Selection should be removed from having an extra step prior to the "Quick Launch" Solo drop screen. If you're going to be in the Private Match system, it stands to reason that you are going to be in a group.
I do agree with this we have enuf clicks to find a match as it is.

Wait times are the single biggest issue we found yesterday. But that could of been the number of people on the server so time will tell.

Edited by stevemac, 25 April 2014 - 04:48 AM.

#8 Bogdan Kobzar

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

While I still have not yet been successful in getting to a match,
I really like the "CANCEL" button to cancel the search for a match.
Note: I gave up and canceled after 15 min. I gave it that much time for I realize this is a test enviornment.

#9 Stickjock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

4) Any other comments, concerns or suggestions??

Had a few to patch and fire up the game, impressed with what I see so far. Basic new player tutorial seems good, can't wait to see more added to that.

I do have one concern about the "Private" matches tho'... Achievements should not be able to be earned in them. Too easy to farm some of those big GXP bonuses by setting up matches with your friends and everyone play the system. If you've already got this covered, well and good, but just throwing it out there.... just in case.

#10 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

Games seem more balanced.

Another unnecessary click.

Seems to make the games more balanced.

Upgrading the PC that handles the Mechlab and Store would be nice. Saving takes longer than would be normally needed.

#11 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:34 PM

As someone said above, the cancel button while searching is very nice. I am waiting for some of my group members to come online so they can help me test the private matches, but for now, it seems fine at first glance. I REALLY don't like how I have to go into social tab to find a button that allows me to invite a friend. At least make it so it is out in the main lobby. (button that says invite friend) Also, really like the ability to switch around modules/ consumables between ALL of your mechs. Makes it much easier to both find your modules and swap them around. Hoping we will get a public lobby system someday for the free private matches.

#12 rhilir

• PipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 40 posts
  • Locationmilwaukee

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

tried on medium and heavy waited 15 minutes for launcher nothing. Not sure what is going on but will try later thou.

#13 Parliment

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 160 posts
  • LocationBehind you ...go ahead and look I dare you.

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

We have to do more to enter matches.
We get to wait longer for matches.
We uggh nothing !!!!

Longer wait times for matches { i know pops are low for this but 30 min wait times for a match do i need to even say it}
Wait times ....... "check all for faster match times" ... except I cannot stand playing conquest games so I get to enjoy the game less to que faster YAY !!!

making wait times long is GREAT YAY !!!

Didnt know there was a need for this { I can see People wanting to do private matches} but the rest is catering to the QQ crowd.
Suggestions ....pfft
CHAT LOBBY !!!!!!

Edited by supernachos, 24 April 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#14 elsie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationWay over there on the left

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

This thread is to cover any qualitative feedback regarding UI 2.0. If you would like to report specific bugs with the preview, please use the New Issues thread.

Please follow the questionnaire provided. This is to help us better organize and process your feedback after the test.

Ability to cancel a Search/drop.

The amount of time it took to get a match. I was never able to successfully launch in a heavy (didn't try an assault)

Hard to tell. Only had 2 matches in almost 2 hours.

It might be helpful if there were some indications of how many of each weight class were waiting for drop, at least for public matches - ie:

THERE ARE
2 Lights 11 Mediums 201686346902 Heavies 10000202020002002 Assaults
Waiting to launch.

That way, if you really wanted a quick match, you could pick something that would drop fairly soon.

#15 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

It seems to give the customization options that were required.

I was trying to launch 1on1 match with a friend but it didn't work, because only I had premium time activated. I understand that both group leaders need to have premium time for 12 vs. 12 private matches but maybe you could consider making it so that with ~4 players, only 1 premium account works as well. Would allow up to 2 vs. 2 matches with just one premium account and enables one premium player to introduce the game privately to a friend, which would be good PR for you.

Actually I didn't pay any attention to this, because...

...I was so thrilled with the SRMs, that actually work! When I realized this in the first match after killing half of the enemy team I think I came a little. Too much feedback? Ok my bad...

EDIT: We were just testing the private matches with 2 vs. 3 setup. If the 3 players are in the same lance, they spawn together. When I dragged them each into their own lances, they still spawned together. Can you make it so that separate lances spawn in separate places even if the lances are not full like in our situation?

EDIT2: Oh and it would be cool if you could set a toggle in the private match settings to allow/disallow arty/airstrike and coolants.

Edited by Rasc4l, 25 April 2014 - 02:37 AM.

#16 Lost Perci

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

Loved the group organiser for private matches. (Lobby) really well thought out and implemented. Able to specify exactly what we wanted.

Long delay launching when in Assault mechs (can't see how you could alter this though!!)

Very good. Would like to see similar restrictions on ECM, air strikes, Artillery etc.

Worked very well with no problems and loving that you seem as keen to keep the project moving as ever! Thanks

Lost Perci

#17 xor1337

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

The Cancel button on the Matching making is great! It is hard to find and should be located up by where you clicked the "play now" since it would make sense to click the button to start match making as well as to stop it.

The private match menu has a "Not Ready" button. The whole concept of clicking "not ready" to "ready up" is horrible. just make the "not ready" button read: "Click to Ready" and "Click to Unready"

Edited by xor1337, 24 April 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#18 Voodoocz

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:08 PM

Cancel search button, really good feature.
Private match window also looks neat.

Wait time, but that is pbly mainly to lower number of players on PTS.

Works fine, matches seemed more about players and not about tons.

AC (AC/20) hit regs seemed somehow off. Map Terra Therma. But that might have been due to many things. And SRMs produce quite nasty cockpit shake on receiving end.

All in all, until 10 PM CEST (1 PM PDT) I was not able to find public match nor in medium, neither in heavy class. After that I managed to play 5 matches in less that hour, which is normal by me.

Edited by Voodoocz, 24 April 2014 - 01:09 PM.

#19 New Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

FINALLY SRMS ARE FIXED
they seem much better for me at least

#20 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

1) I like the more reasonable balancing of the mech drops. The matches flowed nicely across my 5 games and thoug I was on the loosing side 4/5 time it was mostly due to the typical lack of teamwork and people going "Rambo" so nothing new there.

2) I could see no issues from what I saw on my end other than the typical occasional LD player and pinpiont accuracy issues allowing mechs to be cored early which are still unadressed.

3) I rather like the balancing as it allows a larger variety of mechs on the field instead of seeing the same 3-5 chassis.

4) Overall my experience testing the new Launch Module was satisfactory. Average que time in my Atlas were as follows
1st Match: 1m 10s
2nd Match: 1m 7s
3rd Match: 1m 40s
4th Match: 20s
5th Match: 2m 20s
I was unable to test the private que's as to having no friends on the friends list due to the lack of a way to make friends while playing MWO due to the fact that while piloting a mech you don't have time to chat and after a match people never stick around to chat afterwards. I still suggest a chat room for the general public to give us more opportunities to friend other players before/after matches as it would make grouping alot easier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users