• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

except figuring out how to make 1vs1 and the horrific waiting time it´s ok
we need a guide to use the launch module pls :lol:

edit: playing with the same mech wait time was quite short, switching to another weight class i had 10 to 15 mins waiting time.

so i quit to go for the 5 games and the day of premium. the wait is too much of a chore.

Edited by kesmai, 24 April 2014 - 02:32 PM.

#42 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

If you're having issues, read this:
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3317871

If you're waiting for a while, read this:
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3321098

#43 trebormills

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 133 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

Whats bad
Clicking ready makes you "ready" but button does not change to show youve clicked it
HSR still seems fubar - ping 140
Long match search times - could be 3/3/3/3 or low test server numbers

What is good
Seemed to have Improved visuals
cancel launch button

Untested
Private matches/lobby system

Edited by trebormills, 25 April 2014 - 03:50 AM.

#44 Shadelen

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

I am lost or this matchmaker is completely broken.I waited a good 15 minutes and that was the second time I qued.So either we dont have enough people on the test relam or its broke.Honestly I feel like the rest of the community should be involved if they care for the game. "kick everyone off the normal servers"

Edited by Shadelen, 24 April 2014 - 02:48 PM.

#45 ktKAPS

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

Able to finally play 3 matches but now I am stuck again searching and this has been 10 minutes.

I understand this is a test server but if this is any indication of things to come with increased queue times then count me out as this is pretty terrible.

#46 Taifune

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

Searching for a game takes ages (more than 15mins)... hope that's just a test server feature, as it is no fun to stare at the searching screen :lol:

#47 Lupin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

Problem for me was wait time here are the stats:

Weight / GMT Time / Game Type / Status
65t TDR-9S / 21:56 / Skirmish (Public) / Waiting time 10+minutes no match
65t TDR-9S / 22:06 / Skirmish/Assault (Public) / Waiting time 10+minutes no match
35t RVN-3L / 22:16 / Any (Public) / Waiting time 2 minutes (FOREST COLONY SNOW)
40t CDA-3M / 22:24 / Conquest (Public) / Waiting time 10+minutes no match
65t TDR-9S / 22:34 / Any (Public) / Waiting time 10+minutes no match
40t CDA-3M / 22:44 / Any (Public) / Waiting time 10+minutes no match
35t RVN-3L / 22:54 / Conquest (Public) / Waiting time 10+minutes no match
45t BJ-3 / 23:05 / Any (Public) / Waiting time 9 minutes (HPG Manifold)
65t TDR-9S / 23:20 / Any (Public) / Waiting time 6 minutes (Map Alpine)
65t TDR-9S / 23:36 / Any (Public) / Waiting time 10+minutes no match
40t CDA-3M / 23:46 / Any (Public) / Waiting time 10+minutes no match

Edited by Lupin, 24 April 2014 - 03:09 PM.

#48 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

Summary: Keybinding issues
Description: When editing keybinds, using the mouse wheel to scroll up/down causes changes to revert
Location: The bindings menu in-game (not sure if it happens out of game too)
Reproduction Rate:100%
Steps to Reproduce:
Enter the bindings menu
change a binding
roll the mouse wheel down
changed binding reappears
When I was doing this, I was trying to clear all the joystick settings out, so I was double clicking one entry, binding it to joy1button1, then double clicking the next entry and binding it to joy1button1 (Thus clearing the previous binding) etc etc.
After doing all the ones visible, I scrolled the mouse wheel down, and all the ones I had "cleared" reappeared.

Edited by evilC, 24 April 2014 - 03:10 PM.

#49 Taifune

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

Drop Screen: klicking ready, makes me ready in the list, but does not disable the ready button... (mouse hover still highlights it)

#50 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

Strip Modules failure.
Had 3 modules on my CTF-3D (arti, target info gathering, seismic sensor). When ordered to Strip Mech » All Modules; only arti and seismic were removed, leaving TIG still in the 'mech.
This was all done with the tipical "clicks". Being the last one the check out button with a confirmation afterwards.

#51 Nometh

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:24 PM

Summary: Crash to desktop after successful match search
Description: After the game had found a match, and went from "searching" to loading the map, the game crashed straight to desktop
Reproduction Rate: It happened only once out of ~12 matches in total
Steps to Reproduce: Chose mech first, hit "Play now", search for public games, wait until game can be found an map loads.

#52 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

Summary: Ridiculous queue times (or a bug) but it could be that the natural distribution of mechs generates huge queues very quickly.

(ref: http://mwomercs.com/...erver-log-data/ )

JM6-S - currently 50+ minutes waiting for a match (gave up at this point)
Skirmish or Assault in the public solo queue

JR7-D - currently 5:30 minutes (match found)
Any game mode in the public solo queue

To me those are unacceptable times and if queues actually form like this when live it needs to be fixed. The maximum acceptable queue time in my opinion is 2 minutes.

On the other hand, this is what testing is for ... so good job on discovering an issue that needs to be fixed. ;)

Edited by Mawai, 24 April 2014 - 05:10 PM.

#53 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

Summary: Game crashed at end of second match.

No indicators as to why. Round finished, I looked at my Match Score and Winnings, then clicked the done button. Instantly went to desktop without any fanfare - no messages, freezing, black screen, etc; just desktop.

Edited by Nightmare1, 24 April 2014 - 03:49 PM.

#54 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

The private stuff is very nice but there are some things on it that still needs work.. There are some concerns I have especially when it might come to the new players that might later sign up and play in game if these methods go into effect. Here are some things the devs need to be concerned.

1. Trial Mechs. Very big issue there considering the game right now isn't easy for new players to get a simple grasp and all. from a beginner's perspective, this would make the game's flow part go from the mid to high tensions and possibly making them lose interest in playing the game. The 3333 method will not make things smoothly for them in the game since the current list of trial mechs dont have good chance against good players most of the time that i have personally have seen.

2. Matchmaker. Yes. its still off but then again this is the test server rather than being on the live version. Premades were not goin 1 and 1 as stated by pauls notes on Launch module info. During the tests, my party had another premade on the same side at times we were at 2v1 or 1v2 premades in public matches. Funny thing was that the tonnages are more closer between teams in almost every match we had. At least that was one thing that was a + for. Another thing noted that Finding matches if goin solo will also depend on the playerbase sadly. Our game dont really have a big playerbase as stated since we dont have a number out there in our game's lobby like we did back in CB. Luckily we do have the Cancel option now in the Very bottom left now which is handy now. better than waiting to for the search to time out.

3. Hit Detection. Big issue was noticed today. I play from California and running FIOS and was noticing alot of desyncing in the game and there was alot of it goin on I honestly hope the next patch dosnt bring this problem back. Right now in the live server its not much of a problem since it was fixed up but if the next patch does something on it. god help us lol.

This is my feedback from what i have been through from playing in the test server today.

#55 Rastan Laval

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

1) Private match is great for new players: it can be used as a 'enhanced' training grounds
2) instead of 3-3-3-3 public battles it can be used a tonnage range: for example a Dragon and an Orion are heavy Battlemechs, but are really different
3) SRM and SSRM seems better
4) very stable

Edited by Rastan Laval, 24 April 2014 - 05:19 PM.

#56 SilverlightPony

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 330 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

Extremely long wait times if choose specific game mode. 2-3 minutes for "any"; CTD while loading map.

#57 Demoulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 233 posts
  • LocationRotterdam

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

Did some testing and it was super fun ;)

Lights still arent hit properly with SRM's yet if theyre moving really fast. Fixed for all other mechs though so could be a lag issue.

VERY long wait times for drops, but might be due to low number of players. Last drop I wanted to do I was sitting in the que for about 15 minutes (right before typing this)

Some mechlab issues. One of my mech suddenly got both single and double heat sinks after I had upgraded it to doubles. It also removed a ton of LRM ammo :wub:

On some drops we dident have the 3/3/3/3 team makeup. Not sure if thats intended. One drop we were down a light but had an extra assault for example...

#58 SilverlightPony

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 330 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

Another CTD loading Testing Grounds - Forest Colony Snow.

#59 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:43 PM

Didn't encounter any real "bugs" except for the testing grounds bug that keeps the "connecting" screen on after you've loaded into the map. Happens intermittently on live and occurred 100% of the time on PTS (for me anyway)

3/3/3/3 seems promising...however, because of the lack of players on PTS there were LARGE discrepancies between Elo and skill level.

#60 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:37 PM

I was unable to find a match with my newly-acquired Cicada. Tried 3 times, about 5 minutes apart; waited between 5-10 minutes each time, and clicked the cancel button to stop searching so I could get a drink/snack between attempts.

(each time I was trying to drop in the public queue, with all game modes selected, in a Cacada-3M. Windows 8.1. I used the "cancel" button to abandon searching attempts each time after I decided that I'd waited long enough and I wanted another piece of smoked ham from my fridge.)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 24 April 2014 - 08:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users