Launch Module Test - New Issues

74 replies to this topic

#61 ProfessorD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

When switching back to a previously selected mech in the Private Match interface, the previously selected mech's modules do not reappear in the Consumables block at the lower right of the interface.

1. Enter Private Match.
2. Select a SHD-2D2.
3. Select a VTR-9S
4. Enter the Consumables list to modify the Victor's modules.
5. Leave the Consumables list.
6. Select the SHD-2D2 again.
7. The SHD's modules do not appear in the lower right area.

Reproduced between at least 3 matches with these two mechs. Did not try other mechs.

Also, why is that part of the screen labelled "Consumables" when it lists, and allows for the exchange of, all modules?

#62 Ian Grahame

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:07 PM

View PostKlappspaten, on 24 April 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

I think for an 1on1 you both need premium time

Last time we went to the test server, all accounts had c-bills, mc, and gxp for the test server only. Today there was no such provision. I had spent all my mc on mech bays recently.

Short sighted, guys. How hard would that have been?

#63 Cerulean Knight

• PipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 89 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:33 PM

Summary:
Stuck on login screen after switching between directX versions.

Description:
After switching directX versions (no matter what type), and loging out of the game, the program would get "stuck" on the login screen as it continually tried to "connect."

Reproduction Rate:
Approx 40% reproduction rate

Steps to Reproduce:
Go to settings.
Select "video"
Select any directx setting you do not have currently selected.
Save the settings.
Log out.
Observe "connecting..." icon does not disappear (but still animating) nor can anything be clicked.

#64 RedRover55

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

I noticed that the tilde key is locked to some sort of debug screen and cannot be unlocked, even though the system keyboard says it has been changed. I use this for my Scoreboard key and it was properly assigned, it just didn't work.

#65 Matta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCroatia, Europe

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:50 PM

Dob't know if it's already been brought to table, but I've noticed that Ready button doesn't grey out when you click it, you can click it again for countless times (but of course, it doesn't change the fact that you are already "ready"). Small bug but bug nevertheless.

#66 Ches 182

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:55 PM

Hello,
as almost everybody, I've experienced eternal match-searching times.
Eight times I had to cancel searching for the match after waiting more than 15 minutes - mostly in assault and heavy class mechs, once it happened in Blackjack too.
I've managed to connect to the match 8 times with max. 5 minutes of waiting - the lighter the mech was, the shorter waiting time was - in Spider and Raven it wasn't more than a minute.
So my successful / unsuccessful match connecting score was 8/8 then.
All matches I've played were perfectly balanced in 3/3/3/3 class distribution, and everytime there were all 24 players. So this works perfectly, I'm looking forward to see it in regular playing.

#67 Lupin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:12 AM

Summary:
Match not found box not removed.

Description:
After getting a match I clicked to drop again with same settings. Instantly got "Match Not found" error box.
But box did not disappear when game finally started looking for match.
Even after logging out and logging in again (Not closing/exiting program).

Reproduction Rate:
Continued.

Also all games after 23:00 GMT all games dropped into game and not into ready up screen?

Edited by Lupin, 25 April 2014 - 12:14 AM.

#68 Chemie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:14 AM

we had 2 premades on our team..hopefully this is a change but I believe it was stated only 1 per side.

#69 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:01 AM

Summary: Pure Function Call windows popup error in match

Description: In my first drop of the night, at about 8:15 est, while playing (in full screen mode) I recived a "Pure Function Call" windows popup error. I was not able to close it as it was a windows popup outside of the game. After a few more seconds, a second one appear next to that onethat was active and was able to click "ok" WhenI clicked ok it crashed the client. I have never gotten this error before in any game. I had taken video, but I cant find it :-(

Reproduction Rate: Just the one time, first match of the night.

Steps to Reproduce:
1) Choose a Thunderbolt
2) Chose a Public Match
3) Selected all Game Modes
4) Played for about 2 mins, then the error appeared.

Edited by AdamBaines, 25 April 2014 - 04:03 AM.

#70 vortmax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNorman, OK

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

Other than lengthy wait times, things were generally smooth. Wait times seemed longest on my medium mech.

One issue I did have was testing grounds. "Connecting" spinner and darkened screen were overlaid on the game screen. I could pilot the mech but not interact with any UI elements underneath "Connecting." I went out of bounds to die, then could not interact with anything to exit. Was forced to alt-tab and quit from the taskbar. This also happened a couple of times on log-in screen after exiting the game.

#71 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:08 AM

Summary: Clicking Cancel ended 'searching' for me, but still dropped my lancemate into a match.

Details: I was in a 2-man group, me in a CN9-A, my lancemate in a HBK-4G. After waiting for 8 minutes to find a match, we decided to 'cancel.' (Sidenote: dropping in a 2-man with mechs of the same weight class, of any size, increased wait-time for us DRAMATICALLY). As soon as I hit cancel, it popped me back into the homescreen, and dropped my lancemate into game. He said that I was appearing in the game as disconnected, with a ping of 0.

While this was going on, that same CN9-A did not register as being "in match" for me, and I was able to drop group and initiate a search for match using that same CN9-A. It did not find me a game, but was "searching..." the entire time my mech was in that other game.

If screenshots or a video would be helpful, please let me know, and I'll take the time to upload.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary: SRM hit-detection still seems incomplete.
Details: Curious to see what differences there were, I took my DDC (which includes 3xSRM4) and my Catapult A1 (6xSRM4+A) out to do some damage.

Hits to armor sometimes failed to produce flashing and a change in color. Hits on internals seemed to register much better...taking out unarmored light legs and unarmored torsos with SRM's worked quite well. It took 4 full salvos at point blank range to reduce the undamaged rear center torso of a Highlander from fresh to 'dead.'

Vid/SS available if desired.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary: Ready Button in Start-up Screen remains clickable after you are ready...likely Flash error.

Details: In every match last night, I was able to continue clicking the blue ready button and hit its "depressed" animation appear each time after I was already listed as 'ready.'

Screenshots/video can be provided if necessary.

Summary: Excessive "rubber-banding" of faster mechs in 2 games.

Details: I don't know if it's because of the test server itself, but I experienced excessive rubber-banding of fast light and medium mechs in matches last night. This is NOT something that occurs for me on the live server. Ever.

Video can be provided if desired.

Summary: Chatscreen duplicates messages when re-opened.

Details: When I typed a message to an individual, or to my group, and then closed the chat box, when I reopened the chatbox the message appeared twice. The other people confirmed that they saw it appear a second time as well.

This was reproduced numerous times.

Video/screenshots can be provided if desired.

Summary: Group 'chatbox' still allows for typing, though not sending, once "searching..." appears.
Details: Once a group leader drops a group and the "searching..." icon appears, all group members are still able to type in the chatbox...though they are unable to hit send. The screen still appears greyed out.

Vid/SS available if desired.

Edited by Ghost Badger, 25 April 2014 - 06:14 AM.

#72 Shadowkiller113

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:22 AM

Played about 10 matches and never received my premium time.

#73 Worm Seraphin

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 92 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

If conditions are such that people are having to wait 10+ minutes for a match, I don't see the point in doing a test. I gave up, didn't get to play at all.

#74 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

Summary: Private match. Host leaves private match. Player remaining re-invites host. Player remaining became host. Player remaining now can't launch the game.

Description: Exactly as above. I'm not sure if the dude I was playing with knew what he was doing--it is possible. But it happened twice. I WILL say this--HE dropped out once and then I became host I think, then when I tried to launch, I couldn't--but found the game had re-defaulted the player max from less than 12 to 12, and after changing it to less than 12 we could drop. I'm not sure if this is what was happening or not--but he insisted he couldn't.

Reproduction Rate: Once
Steps to Reproduce: See above.

The second item is more of a complaint or suggestion than a bug. In private matches you can only select 'mechs that previously have an engine in them. If they don't, the variant won't show up on the list to pick from. This is frustrating because you have to leave the match entirely, put the engine in the mech, then ask for a invite again. I can see why this might be done--to speed up the process. However, in a private match, which will typically be used with peers vs. peers, you might want to allow 'mech customization and picking of a 'mech that has no engine so we can put one in, there, on that screen.

The third item is simple, really.

I picked one of my 'mechs, a BJ-1, I tried to drop solo. I waited 10 minutes. I didn't find a match and eventually had to force it to stop searching. Not sure what else to say here. 10 minutes. :P

The last item is surprising. It invovles hit detection.

Problem: PPCs and AC 20s going through enemy mech.

What: Me and one other player, alone, in the match.

Frequency of occurence: Many times. It happened frequent and often enough I took notice. I am quite accurate with my shots and I'd say I was seeing valid shots pass through my opponent doing no damage 25% - 40% of the time.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 25 April 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#75 Kenku

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:29 AM

One of the weirder bugs I ran into is with the update to the Mechlab that was in it. For some reason I was able to by accident fit stuff into the mech at times that exceeded mech hardpoints or slot room. At one point even I stuffed in a large pulse laser that made my engine dissapear out of the center torso picture.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users