Public Test For Launch Module April 24Th!

165 replies to this topic

#21 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:24 PM

Im just gonna leave this here.
http://mwomercs.com/clock

#22 Kirtanus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 156 posts
  • LocationRDL

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

View PostSky Hawk, on 23 April 2014 - 06:19 PM, said:

I am sure, one or two player from the little peninsula named Europa, could help you too... If my calculations are not too wrong, it happens there between 21:00-03:00, so in the best game-time...

But I know, you never heard from other timezones, except PDT/EDT... I am right?

( Because, then you would use them sometimes. )

+100, please write Europe time so rus and eu players can manage their time without googling: what is PDT and how it's cooked.

#23 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

View Postprinceelric, on 23 April 2014 - 06:52 PM, said:

When will the patch be out for PTS? Would like to download before it happens. Missed last Public Test because the patch took too long to download.

Unfortunately, it might be when the "patch hour usually happens" (10AM PT, 1PM ET).

#24 Nometh

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:31 PM

A public test during prime time for European players in which you get a glance at the new launch module? And on top of the fun you get a free day of premium time as a little bonus? I'm in!

#25 Gloris

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:46 AM

I really really don't like the idea of the 3/3/3/3
I mean i would love to be positively surprised by it, but atm i am very sceptical towards artificially limiting team diversity.

#26 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:52 AM

View PostGloris, on 24 April 2014 - 01:46 AM, said:

I really really don't like the idea of the 3/3/3/3
I mean i would love to be positively surprised by it, but atm i am very sceptical towards artificially limiting team diversity.

diversity as in?

#27 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCleaning 10-year old dust out of Cockpit!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:04 AM

View Postprinceelric, on 23 April 2014 - 06:52 PM, said:

When will the patch be out for PTS? Would like to download before it happens. Missed last Public Test because the patch took too long to download.

I'm going to assume (and you know what that makes one lol) that considering members need to be registered by: "Players who have registered to MWO before 10:00am PDT (1:00pm EDT) on Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014 will be eligible to participate in the Public Test." that the patch won't be available until that time. That gives a 2 hour time span in which to download and install before it goes live.

Correct me if I'm wrong Niko :(

Come join us in the Lobby to set up your private matches: MWO Lobby

Edited by Morgana, 24 April 2014 - 03:19 AM.

#28 Macbrea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:27 AM

Just loaded up the test again. will be patching when it lets me. I do like the video presented by BB Wolf but should mention that hosting the video on You tube does have one issue. it tries to match all associated videos or other items with it, including games like Evil Within.

#29 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:41 AM

Ah, there will be no problems, with the 3/3/3/3 system :( ... And, a good news too! In the future, we don't need to buy those very expensive REALLY BIG engines...

Why? Because, the enemys 3+3 ECM Raven-Spider-Commando/Cicada Teams will find and kill you very-very fast anyway. So it wil be make no sense for you, to move away from the Spawn Point, so you don't need to buy a Big Engine..

The matches will ends fast (in 1 or 2 minutes) for Assaults and Heavys.. But, Hey! We could calmly see in the Spectacle Mode, as our lights/meds killing the enemys Heavys/Assaulst and then those 12 ECM Mechs hunting each other...

So Be Happy! 3/3/3/3 comes!

Edited by Sky Hawk, 24 April 2014 - 04:43 AM.

#30 Grontag

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMadrid, Spain

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:49 AM

I downloaded the installer, run it, first uninstalled the previous Public Test installation. I run in a second time, and then installed the program. After patching, I hit on "Play", and it says "Version Mismatch". I put it here because I havent seen a proper place to ask this...

#31 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

View PostAlmighty Cico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

Also to all "Elite" corps that are doing quad meta! say bye bye to that :()

You wish. A 4 man can take any meta mech they like. The 3+3+3+3 will not stop that even remotely. :ph34r:

#32 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:41 AM

View PostGrontag, on 24 April 2014 - 04:49 AM, said:

I downloaded the installer, run it, first uninstalled the previous Public Test installation. I run in a second time, and then installed the program. After patching, I hit on "Play", and it says "Version Mismatch". I put it here because I haven't seen a proper place to ask this...

you didn't have to do all that. Just download, and wait for the test server to be unlocked. If you already have downloaded the PTS then all you need to do is patch it. Just like the regular game server.

#33 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:47 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 24 April 2014 - 05:41 AM, said:

you didn't have to do all that. Just download, and wait for the test server to be unlocked. If you already have downloaded the PTS then all you need to do is patch it. Just like the regular game server.

They have not put up the patch/files up yet, so at this moment, everyone who has downloaded is downloading what was on the PREVIOUS PTS.

The files are more likely to be updated closer to the time it is unlocked for everyone, so right now NOBODY can use it.

#34 xCico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:50 AM

View PostAmsro, on 24 April 2014 - 05:11 AM, said:

You wish. A 4 man can take any meta mech they like. The 3+3+3+3 will not stop that even remotely. <_<

You will see how harder will be, I cant wait, this come on public :P

#35 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:00 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 24 April 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

They have not put up the patch/files up yet, so at this moment, everyone who has downloaded is downloading what was on the PREVIOUS PTS.

The files are more likely to be updated closer to the time it is unlocked for everyone, so right now NOBODY can use it.

i didn't mean now, just saying he was making it complicated.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 24 April 2014 - 06:00 AM.

#36 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

View PostAlmighty Cico, on 24 April 2014 - 05:50 AM, said:

You will see how harder will be, I cant wait, this come on public :P

How "will I see" how much harder it will be when I can already tell you with the "restrictions" they have in place that a 4 man will be able to take any of the "best mechs" they want as long as it is not more then 3 of the same class.

I retort by telling you that you're just dreaming. I will entertain any ideas you have as to why you think it will stop a 4 man from taking 4 Meta mechs.

Prove me wrong.

#37 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:08 AM

View PostAmsro, on 24 April 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

How "will I see" how much harder it will be when I can already tell you with the "restrictions" they have in place that a 4 man will be able to take any of the "best mechs" they want as long as it is not more then 3 of the same class.

I retort by telling you that you're just dreaming. I will entertain any ideas you have as to why you think it will stop a 4 man from taking 4 Meta mechs.

Prove me wrong.

At least it wont be 4 meta atlai.

or teams with just heavy mechs, and the biggest guns. The launch module is definitely a +

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 24 April 2014 - 06:09 AM.

#38 tucsonspeed6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:10 AM

View PostSky Hawk, on 24 April 2014 - 04:41 AM, said:

Because, the enemys 3+3 ECM Raven-Spider-Commando/Cicada Teams will find and kill you very-very fast anyway.
The matches will ends fast (in 1 or 2 minutes) for Assaults and Heavys..

Where's my tiny violin when I need it?

Sarcasm is just awful and unbearable, but sarcasm that is making a really wrong point is worse.

1) Bad times coming for the heavy/assault dominance over the last 2 years? Explain again how that would be a bad thing.
2) You seem like such a Assault/heavy-only person, so why would you think you know anything about how light/medium pilots think? "They suck, so the only reason I can see anyone wanting to pilot one is if it has ECM." is a pretty poor generalization of the light/medium scene. The most common mediums used are Shawks, Griffins, and Hunchies, and light pilots don't exactly ignore Firestarters and Jenners.
3) MM grabs players at random from an ELO bucket. The chance of getting a combination of all ECM variants is less than likely.
4) We have no restrictions now. What's stopping this ECM-pocalypse from happening now? Furthermore, what would stop it from happening with straight tonnage caps?
5) Its not like we don't have plenty of tools to counter ECM now: BAP, ECM in Counter Mode, Drones, PPCs, Narc, Tag... Pick one to put on your alpha strike, pop-tarting meta build and quit crying.

#39 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:16 AM

View PostAmsro, on 24 April 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

Prove me wrong.

Who is trying to stop players from taking Meta Mechs?

We will now see 3 Assaults (Meta), 3 Heavy (Meta), 3 Medium (Meta) and 3 Light (Meta) Mechs.

You can't stop Meta, it is a Player creation. Don't like Meta, don't play a Meta. Can't compete without Meta? Carry harder. :P

#40 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:26 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 24 April 2014 - 06:08 AM, said:

At least it wont be 4 meta atlai.

or teams with just heavy mechs, and the biggest guns. The launch module is definitely a +

There is no such thing as a Meta Atlas. 3 Atlas + 1 Orion is still possible and will likely happen.

Launch module gets a "meh" at best. I'll be here 2 weeks after it goes live listening to the new Boogie Man Excuse as to why a team lost.

Another one of PGI's lets change multiple things and hope one of them fixes it, no idea which one though!

Elo Buckets should be the first and ONLY thing patched in. See how that affects the game. If you just match skill better then the mech class matters much less.

View PostAlmond Brown, on 24 April 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

Who is trying to stop players from taking Meta Mechs?

We will now see 3 Assaults (Meta), 3 Heavy (Meta), 3 Medium (Meta) and 3 Light (Meta) Mechs.

You can't stop Meta, it is a Player creation. Don't like Meta, don't play a Meta. Can't compete without Meta? Carry harder. :lol:

I agree, I don't even use "Meta".

I was just simply telling this player he is dreaming.

View PostAlmighty Cico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

Also to all "Elite" corps that are doing quad meta! say bye bye to that :P)

Basically more of the "evil premade" that people think is going to be fixed with the module. -_-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users