How Long Has It Been Since You Spent Money On Mwo?

General Store Metagame

231 replies to this topic

#101 Prezimonto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

About 7 months ago I picked up the Shadyhawk Tier PP.

About 10 months ago I picked up a small MC package to round up enough MC(from what I had left of the Founder's MC) to buy a DragonSlayer and spent the remained on GXP conversion (which I still haven't used as nothing new that's worthwhile has been released to spend GXP on).

Before that I picked up the Elite Founder's Package ~ two years ago.

That's more than I've previously ever spent on non-MMO game, and it's about even up with what I spent on UO, and Warhammer Online respectively if you count subscription fees.

I would have been near the end of what I'd be willing to spend, likely, anyway. But if CW is a LOT of fun and it got me back into group play I'd consider it. As things stand, I won't spend more without a large boost to fun, usability, end game goals(like real CW), and setting.

Edited by Prezimonto, 24 April 2014 - 08:46 AM.

#102 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

$120 Founder's pkg Closed Beta.

Honest N.O.P.E. member

#103 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:45 AM

Remember guys I don't want this to be a "I spent more than" conversation. Just trying to get data on the frequency of purchases at this point. There's no ulterior motive just curiosity . I'm trying to like everyone's posts just taking time lol

Thanks to everyone that is contributing!

#104 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostSandpit, on 24 April 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

I'm trying to like everyone's posts just taking time lol

Yah?

#105 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

I purchased my Founder's pack a couple of years ago. I haven't spent a penny since then.

#106 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 24 April 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

I only buy during the MC sales, I don't like putting major investments into half finished games.

This. I can't believe you all spent hundreds on an unfinished game that might or might not be as feasible as the original promises. I'm still kind of laughing at some of you.

...and just to infuriate you all more, I'mma go buy some MC right now.

#107 Vercinaigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 325 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

Been 3 months, bought the dragon slayer because it's OP, and needed it to compete in RHOD/MCW :/ Other than that....been since like....last summer. And one time for mech bay.s...I'd Spend more were it more economical...

Edited by Vercinaigh, 24 April 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#108 Mavairo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

Bought the CTF 1X 50 percent off
Bought a 50 percent off Jester.
Before that I paypaled a friend so he could get himself a Misery (for his first non Champion mech).

#109 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

July 2012 - Founders. Still have a balance. only mech bays (bought a bunch with the sale last week) Balance 7,000

#110 Tynan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

I've only bought Founders, Sarah's Jenner and Phoenix. No other money spent, and still have some MC left (although finally starting to get depleted since I bought the YLW and Protector on sale). Other than those two heroes, I've only spent MC on Mechbays.

#111 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

When the Clan packages came out, Masakari package.

After that only to a Yellow and a few MechBays, some weeks ago.

Edited by Iqfish, 24 April 2014 - 01:41 PM.

#112 East Indy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:42 PM

Elite Founder, Overlord Phoenix. Not a Clan guy, so I can't see purchasing a package.

Overall? Well, I switched back to WoW when Mists dropped in September 2012 and didn't return until spring 2013, so I didn't become as attached/invested/jilted as some. But I like spending a little here and there as entertainment. It's less than I spend for beer and spirits.

#113 Captain Fancy Pants

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

Bought the Masakari pack in February, thats the most recent time I spent money on this...

#114 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

Christmas Lights.. When the were actually Christmas lights.

#115 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:17 PM

So Packages

Phoenix- overlord
Saber
Clan -Warhawk

MC purchases
July 2013 - 25000
December 2013 - 30000 MC

Then the Sarah's Jenner, but that was not to PGI.

Note: using certain cards that you can purchase onsale can reduce your costs for MC. Also buying MC onsale does not hurt either. Then only buying items on sale. I have broken this rule only a few times and now that mech bays finally went onsale I grabbed a bunch of them.

I still have a decent amount of MC left and may purchase more MC in December if there is a Black Friday sale again, like the last two years and yes I have been playing since 2012.

Since this is the only game I use for entertainment, it is money that I may have spent else where, like movies, books and beer.

I do draw the line with hunting or fishing, I will not give them up.

#116 Zensei

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 605 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 April 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

Since I'm interested in collecting my own data...

I'm just curious about how long it has been since you spent money on MWO. In the interest of not showing bias I'd like to know the approximate dates (as in days, weeks, months, etc.) of your last 3 purchases. That doesn't mean spending MC or activating premium time that you may have had left over from previous purchases.

Example:

Purchased MC Sunday to get enough to buy a Misery on sale
Purchased the PP pack approximately 7(?) months ago
Purchased Founders Pack nearly 2 years ago.

That would be my last 3 purchases. I'm not concerned about the amount or why you spent it. Just trying to get an idea of how often players are making purchases. Please, this also isn't a discussion about the value, worth, etc. of spending money, simply a simple survey regarding how often purchases have been made. I'm not putting personal opinions regarding any of this because I'd like a good sampling free of my own personal bias.

Thanks in advance for everyone who contributes!

Why do you want to know? Did you want to ridicule their purchases? Did you want to bully them for the choices or comments they made about the game? Just wanted to know your motive behind this? Does this mean you care about what anyone posts about this?

Just saying, you have history.

Edited by Zensei, 24 April 2014 - 02:40 PM.

#117 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

Bought in as a Founder when it was first announced.

Spent my MC slowly and still have a good chunk of it.

Next purchase was shortly after the Phoenix Pack was announced. I jumped on that bandwagon expecting big things. Sad truth was the "big things" were 3rd Person, being told that the "pillars" of the game as they were originally depicted were more in the way of willow branches (thin, wispy and very moveable), and that as a Founder I was not a part of the MWO Developers "target audience". OH....and I was on an Island. Almost forgot that one.

My next move was a refund on my Phoenix Pack and I haven't spent a dime since then. I've guess that to have happened over 6 months ago? Can't recall when they were announced.

Bit disappointed sounding? Yeah, you could say that. Haven't dropped in a match for many, many months but I keep checking in on the forums hoping to see some change for the good.

#118 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

View PostZensei, on 24 April 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

Why do you want to know? Did you want to ridicule their purchases? Did you want to bully them for the choices or comments they made about the game? Just wanted to know your motive behind this? Does this mean you care about what anyone posts about this?

Just saying, you have history.

He wants to see if there is a correlation between PGI announcing group sized will still be limited to 4 mans (until next Tuesday) and people stop spending money on the game.

My guess is he had a graph all ready to go with a line indicating a sharp drop on that day, and he's busy filling in the data to fit.

#119 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

View PostHeffay, on 24 April 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

He wants to see if there is a correlation between PGI announcing group sized will still be limited to 4 mans (until next Tuesday) and people stop spending money on the game.

My guess is he had a graph all ready to go with a line indicating a sharp drop on that day, and he's busy filling in the data to fit.

Get your tinfoil ready!

#120 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

I dont remember my dates much as well
I spent 55 on La carta
128$ if i include MC and until the clans come i wont be spending much else on MC.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users