How Long Has It Been Since You Spent Money On Mwo?

General Store Metagame

231 replies to this topic

#81 Samziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seraph
  • The Seraph
  • 503 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:42 AM

Project Phoenix was the latest, 6500MC a bit before that. Probably going to buy Dire Wolf package.

#82 Stormyblade

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around Portland, OR

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:50 AM

<ul>
<li>Founder's pack just a little under 2 years ago (I was in Closed Beta) </li>
<li>Some MC (twice) to purchase 'mech bays and another 'mech or two</li>
<li>Project Phoenix (Overlord) bundle</li>
<li>Edit - forgot to include that I bought the "Wolverine" add-ons after PP</li>
</ul>
<p>I have refused to purchase more MC using my real money since then. Like many others, I have become frustrated that PGI promised a game but hasn't delivered on those promises yet. I would absolutely *love* to spend my real-life money on a Clan pack, but, again, my stubborn side is kicking in and telling me to not do anything more to support PGI until we have (at least most of) the game we were promised. For the record, I make good money, so I could easily spend the $240 or even $500 -- it's a question of principle.</p>

Edited by Stormyblade, 24 April 2014 - 12:51 AM.

#83 OneEyed Jack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:29 AM

I spent something between $250 and $300 between Oct. 2012 and April 2013, My last 3 purchases being in Jan, March And April, 2013. I was preparing to spend more, because I wanted a new Hero and was committed to supporting the game, when they announced incoming Ghost Heat. That's when I realized how opposed PGI is to finding actual good balancing mechanics, and decided that if they were going to walk that road I would no longer support them.

#84 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:38 AM

a lot

then 3PV happened

#85 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:57 AM

I bought £30 of MC on the first Christmas sale, and that's it. Entirely spent on mechbays and an Ilya Muromets. Intending to buy more to spend on sales only when/if Community Warfare arrives and is satisfactory, as I believe base prices are way too high.

#86 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:10 AM

I only buy during the MC sales, I don't like putting major investments into half finished games.

#87 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:18 AM

May 7th 2013.

Since then well, a lot has happened to fairly assure that they will not get another dime from until major changes are made at several levels of design and development.

more than anything else it boils down to no CW no MC.

#88 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:26 AM

I haven't purchased since the Pheonix package. I'm not like to buy any clan pre-orders unless this launch module stuff really turns things around.

#89 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:02 AM

Founders pack. Besides that I haven't bought much with regards to games at all...

Considering the Clan pack. Probably getting it.

#90 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:04 AM

probably a year ago, 15 bucks for mechlabs.. Thats it and will be prob for ever.

I firmly believe you could give mwo Star citiizen's millions and we would still have the same POS game that we have now.

I think the devs are full of it, by that , i mean the owners of the company.. 250k usd to make a map?. Yeah, you should never have come out with THAT bull sh iiite figure as a smokescreen for your theft.

#91 Lootee

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:18 AM

Two Founder packs in Closed Beta.

Not a dime since.

There's just other stuff to spend money on that provides more entertainment and lasting value: thermal weapon sights, night vision, Accuracy International rifles are all more fun and higher quality products and will be good for years or decades.

If I see something I really want money is no object, but MWO doesn't even come close.

To quote Jun Watarase: "shit is lame and not fun"

#92 Cyberiad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 342 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:25 AM

Bought Pheonix Overlord + reinforcement around the time it was released. Bought 2 packages of $99 MC around the same time for heroes and mechlabs. In total around $300. I think it was worth it for the amount of time I played (around 200 hours). I bought a Wii U for only 1 game (Monster Hunter 3U) which cost around $350 in total for the console + game. I have 300 hours in that game so it was well worth it. Right now there are a lot more things I would rather spend my money on than stuff in MWO though. I recently bought an i7 4770K, a GTX 780TI GPU, a new motherboard and new case for around $1600. Just last week I bought Reason 7.0 (music program) for $400. I never really commented about the gold mechs on the forums when the news was released but for all those who plan on buying a gold mech I'd like to remind you of all the things you could buy for $500: a GTX 780 TI video card, Sennheiser HD650 headphones, a pair of KRK Rokit 8 G3 studio monitor loudspeakers, one month's payment on a BMW 328i.

#93 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:28 AM

10/31/13 so 5 1/2 months ago I bought the franken paint and pattern on a Halloween sale. Plus I got a refund on my Phoenix package preorder but it was forced into credit.

Since then I've played a whole 2 months while waiting for them to fix things and came back for the april patch. If things looked I planned on rewarding PGI by buying a clan mech but, NOPE. I can't stand UI 2.0 and would dislike it even bug free from the redundancy to the layout. Recently given some MC as a gift, (won a $5 bet) and I spent it on premium time. It felt mediocre at best plus the clock ran while I was offline? This is year 2014 we can have the clock tethered to whether a user is logged in or not. That's just greed and Cronies mask it by call it entitlement, I call it making use of the technology available and not gouging your customer. That also needs an improvement too before I'll consider another purchase if PGI is listening.

Edited by lockwoodx, 24 April 2014 - 07:34 AM.

#94 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:31 AM

I haven't finished spending my Founder's pack yet! I did top-up relatively recently with a $10 ultimategamecard I earned, though.

#95 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:32 AM

The Phoenix pack.

Gettin a Timberwolf next week, and some new patters and colours etc.

#96 FactorlanP

• 1,574 posts
  • LocationMy Wallet is closed until I see real progress.

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:43 AM

Nothing since the Phoenix pack.

Haven't played for a couple months.

Still hoping for a miracle to come along and turn this game around.

#97 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostHeffay, on 23 April 2014 - 02:23 PM, said:

You should make this a poll so it's all scientific and stuff.

It's not a feature suggestion, so he can't.

Sandpit, Feb. 4th, because I wanted to grab an Ember.

Before that, Dec 11, to nab a Boar's Head (I'd promised I'd buy a hero atlas if they ever did it).

Before that, August 28, Firebrand/Ilya Sale.

All purchases "just enough" MC, with the remainder spent on mechbays and the occasional one-shot camo or a color on sale.

Edited by Ghost Badger, 24 April 2014 - 07:43 AM.

#98 SilentObserver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

Founders pack prior to closed beta.

Nothing since. Every time i think about spending money the game moves farther from what was promised pre-beta.

#99 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

bought founders 2+ years ago
bought phoenix but then refunded due to ghost heat

Edited by Tombstoner, 24 April 2014 - 08:40 AM.

#100 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

Couple weeks.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users