1821 replies to this topic

#21 HlynkaCG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:11 PM

What's the policy on "stock" mech varients that are not in the game but that can be built from ones that are?

For instance a JM-6DG on a JM-6DD body or a Hollander out of a FS-9H?

#22 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

I'd say keep it WYSIWYG - what you see is what you get - keep it simple to avoid any instances of builds being different from stock versions, even if unintentional.

#23 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

View PostHlynkaCG, on 26 April 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

What's the policy on "stock" mech varients that are not in the game but that can be built from ones that are?

For instance a JM-6DG on a JM-6DD body or a Hollander out of a FS-9H?

Interesting idea! As far as Stock Mech Monday we'll generally be using the Mech's as is from the store...WYSIWYG like DocBach said.

But the MechForce: Classic site is a place where you could definitely post stock, non-included Mechs/variants on the forums and set up something with friends!

#24 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:00 AM

UPDATE: Thanks to Clan Smoke Adder we'll be conducting Stock Mech Monday regularly on a Teamspeak server they host for the public...

Teamspeak
PW: StranaMechty

Thanks for the space guys!

And go tell people on Reddit to join in!

Edited by TygerLily, 27 April 2014 - 12:02 AM.

#25 Charon DOC Stock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationA partir de 100.000 C-Bills.

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:31 AM

Hi, this Stock Monday is a great thing.
Are Modules and Mech Skills allowed? (I prefer not if you were asking to me)

#26 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:06 AM

Yeeeeeeeeep.

I really wanted to setup something like this for the ComstarTS3 , I just don't have the time. I was hoping someone else would be doing it.... Thanks! I'll definitely check it out. The idea of grabbing an Alt, running the 25 missions , etc is a great one.

Cheers.

#27 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:03 AM

View PostHelmer, on 27 April 2014 - 01:06 AM, said:

Yeeeeeeeeep.

I really wanted to setup something like this for the ComstarTS3 , I just don't have the time. I was hoping someone else would be doing it.... Thanks! I'll definitely check it out. The idea of grabbing an Alt, running the 25 missions , etc is a great one.

Cheers.

Thanks man! Hope to see you on with us! It's going to be such a new way to play MWO...all for just a few C-Bills...

View PostDoc Shmol, on 27 April 2014 - 12:31 AM, said:

Hi, this Stock Monday is a great thing.
Are Modules and Mech Skills allowed? (I prefer not if you were asking to me)

Modules/Consumables
For right now, Stock Mech Monday is going to say yes to modules and consumables. We might mix it up in the future...but for this first one, yes!

EDIT: So, 180 degrees here...after some deliberation on our forums we'll be running no modules nor consumables to start!

Feel free to stop by the site, make friends, and set up your own events with whatever rules you want! Any registered user can add events on our site.

Mech Skills
This one is a definite yes. Since a lot of people might opt to just retrofit an old Mech they have lying around...those probably have proficiencies unlocked already which can't be reverted.

Edited by TygerLily, 27 April 2014 - 12:45 PM.

#28 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

Spent about 6 mil converting a bunch of my 'Mechs back to stock - got a Centurion, Griffin, Hunchback, Thunderbolt and Banshee all back to standard configurations. Hopefully I can get the AM shift or Monday as my weekend at the hospital!!

#29 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

View PostDocBach, on 27 April 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

Spent about 6 mil converting a bunch of my 'Mechs back to stock - got a Centurion, Griffin, Hunchback, Thunderbolt and Banshee all back to standard configurations. Hopefully I can get the AM shift or Monday as my weekend at the hospital!!

Great choice. Stock Banshee 3S is a terror: two PPC, one AC/10, one SRM6, four ML, two SL! Yowch!

Edited by TygerLily, 27 April 2014 - 02:05 PM.

#30 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

I'm glad to see there is a great interest in Stock 'Mechs.

Feel free to use this if you wish, which I have finally completed: BattleTech Canon Eras (Stock 'Mech Lists for MWO)

#31 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 27 April 2014 - 05:37 PM, said:

I'm glad to see there is a great interest in Stock 'Mechs.

Feel free to use this if you wish, which I have finally completed: BattleTech Canon Eras (Stock 'Mech Lists for MWO)

Very cool resource!

BTW, big thanks to DocBach who put together the "Tech 1" and "Tech 2" lists for MechForce: Classic. Check it out!

#32 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

Looks to be alot of fun guys!

Already some murmurs and rumblings within the Smoke Adders about coming to this in small groups. This will be assembled 12's correct? Not expecting 12-man organizational teams?

#33 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostLukoi, on 27 April 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

Looks to be alot of fun guys!

Already some murmurs and rumblings within the Smoke Adders about coming to this in small groups. This will be assembled 12's correct? Not expecting 12-man organizational teams?

Correct. We can randomize players if we want or try to match up evenly numbered premades and fill in the rest with solo players.

And if there's not enough for 12 vs 12, we'll have to put some Premium Members in charge and drop 8 v 8 or whatever we want.

Should this scene pick up, we might organize a 12-man tournament in the future. In which case, competitive teams will want to maintain their stock mechs right next to their poptart metas. In a stock tournament, I am envisioning it being the Free Private Lobbies which DO utilize 3/3/3/3...but this tournament talk is all far-ish in the future.

#34 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:32 AM

the Atlas Hunters will be running 8 on 8 or 4 on 4 ... we will be glad to join others in 12 on 12s as well !

#35 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:25 AM

We're having an interesting discussion over on the MechForce: Classic forum about various thoughts we're having about war-time era's, canon variants and what-not. Stop on by and join the discussion!

#36 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

View PostOrbit Rain, on 28 April 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

We're having an interesting discussion over on the MechForce: Classic forum about various thoughts we're having about war-time era's, canon variants and what-not. Stop on by and join the discussion!

Yes! The stock DDC comes with a currently-useless Command Console...should it be replaced? How can you make use of it?

Good discussion!

#37 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

me and my buddies are TOTALLY up for this, but what kind of numbers are you guys dealing with?
like would we get 12 v 12 reliably?

#38 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

View PostNehkrosis, on 28 April 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

me and my buddies are TOTALLY up for this, but what kind of numbers are you guys dealing with?

The buzz on Reddit and here on MWO make it seem like we'll be able to do the full 12 vs 12 and then some.

Either way, we'll have people on hand with Premium time to be group leaders...that will allow us to drop with less than 12 using the Premium Private Lobbies if we need to

#39 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

View PostNehkrosis, on 28 April 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

I'd be surprised if at least one person didn't have a premium account so, if necessary, we could drop down to 8v8 or even asymmetrical team sizes (8v12, 4v8) based on weight.

I know I will do whatever is damn well necessary to make this work, heh.

Edit: beaten to it!

Edited by InRev, 28 April 2014 - 08:49 AM.

#40 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

Was thinking about starting something like this a long while ago with the FWL but I might stop by yours to see what is up.

My only concern is you are basically cutting out a big section of mechs by having none in that utilized DHS as stock and the ones that do use DHS aren't as OP as some folks think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users