1821 replies to this topic

#41 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

View PostBarantor, on 28 April 2014 - 08:50 AM, said:

Was thinking about starting something like this a long while ago with the FWL but I might stop by yours to see what is up.

My only concern is you are basically cutting out a big section of mechs by having none in that utilized DHS as stock and the ones that do use DHS aren't as OP as some folks think.

There's actually only 13 variants that use DHS! A lot of them are upgraded versions of their Tech 1 brethren. For example the Griffin 1N stock is one PPC, one LRM 10. The Griffin 3M is one ERPPC, one LRM20, one small laser and DHS. So, you can still play the same basic role with either variant (the 1N is just a bit less forgiving with your positioning errors :D )

As far as cutting them out completely, we have certain rules for Stock Mech Monday but the MechForce: Classic site is a place where you can organize your own events if you want (like an event, say, authorizing DHS!)

We also have a Master Mech List that includes Mechs divided by Tech 1 and Tech 2...Tech 2 being: AMS, Streaks, Pulse, ER, Double Heat Sinks, XL, Artemis, NARC, TAG, UAC, LBX, Gauss, ECM, Ferro, and Endo.

Stock Mech Monday will use all of Tech 1 and most of Tech 2. DHS are a no but anything else is a yes! We'd love to see ya Barantor!

#42 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:04 PM

The 29th and May are going to be like Stock 'Mech awareness months. Its the only way I want to play the game, as I am so tired of the non-stock game.

I'm really hoping many people are interesting in this stuff across multiple groups. It really breathes life into the game experience when you are using the 'Mechs as they were meant to be from canon. Every single 'Mech is a different loadout with different strengths or weaknesses that often complement other 'Mechs.

Edited by General Taskeen, 28 April 2014 - 12:08 PM.

#43 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 28 April 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

The 29th and May are going to be like Stock 'Mech awareness months. Its the only way I want to play the game, so tired of the non-stock game.

I'm really hoping many people are interesting in this stuff across multiple groups.

This will literally be a whole new gameplay experience for the cost of some C-bills...

I enjoy MWO main gameplay as much as the next person but I am definitely excited for this style after a year +...

Interestingly, the "meta" from MWO main will of course inform the stock "meta" as it develops. For example, pinpoint damage of autocannons and PPCs is still a very effective way to deliver 100% of your damage. Fast laserboat lights will still be doing very well vs Assaults (who often come stock with lower engines than most put on their MWO main builds). I'm curious to see how things play out!

#44 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

View PostInRev, on 28 April 2014 - 08:49 AM, said:

I'd be surprised if at least one person didn't have a premium account so, if necessary, we could drop down to 8v8 or even asymmetrical team sizes (8v12, 4v8) based on weight.

I know I will do whatever is damn well necessary to make this work, heh.

Edit: beaten to it!

ditto ill help how ever i can !

#45 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

Should we all get together tomorrow night after the patch hits?

Maybe use the MWOlobby?

#46 Frantic Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

God bless you good people! I know what I'm doing Monday nights from now on :P

Sadly I'll miss the first one as I'll be on a sailing trip...maybe I'll cancel it lol

#47 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

View PostBarantor, on 28 April 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

Should we all get together tomorrow night after the patch hits?

Maybe use the MWOlobby?

Yea, give those stocks a spin!

The Teamspeak space is all set up if you wanted to use the room:
PW: StranaMechty

Definitely, use/support MWO Lobby!

View PostFrantic Pryde, on 28 April 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

God bless you good people! I know what I'm doing Monday nights from now on :P

Sadly I'll miss the first one as I'll be on a sailing trip...maybe I'll cancel it lol

Haha, can't wait to meet up! Don't worry, we plan to make this a weekly thing. And as an aside, the MechForce: Classic site is just a hub...if enough people wanted to do a second night...or a similar stock even with different rules than Stock Mech Monday...then make it so, Number One. Make it so.

Any registered user can add events to our calendar!

#48 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

I won't be able to make it tomorrow as I'm on graveyard shift from 12PM-8AM PST but I got monday next week off for the first one!

#49 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

tomorrow don't work for me.... ill be there on the 5th with Atlas Hunters in tow

#50 UltraMek

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:28 PM

Clan Jade Falcon will be piling aboard this one way train to glory.
-Star Colonel Ultramek

#51 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

2 kills, 272 damage in a stock Griffin 1N in the MWO main world...yes, this ride will be nice!

#52 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

View PostTygerLily, on 28 April 2014 - 07:02 PM, said:

2 kills, 272 damage in a stock Griffin 1N in the MWO main world...yes, this ride will be nice!

Great minds think alike. Went through and 'restocked' some of my favorites.

AWS-8Q
TDR-5S
GRF-1N
SHD-2H
LCT-1V

After trying the Griffin, the Awesome is surprisingly manageable with chain firing the ppcs.

#53 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

View PostBarantor, on 28 April 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

Great minds think alike. Went through and 'restocked' some of my favorites.

AWS-8Q
TDR-5S
GRF-1N
SHD-2H
LCT-1V

After trying the Griffin, the Awesome is surprisingly manageable with chain firing the ppcs.

Another great stock is the Spider 5V. Normally, out-gunned by...pretty much everything. But in stock, it travels 142kph with a standard engine and two ML at a 1.3 (50% on Smurfy) heat efficiency. Going to be one of the more forgiving Mechs regarding heat and still has HUGE maneuverability....

By contrast, the Jenner F has four ML and goes 125kph...with 25% Smurfy HE.

Edited by TygerLily, 28 April 2014 - 08:39 PM.

#54 Sodapop

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

This stock idea sounds pretty awesome, will check out the Mechforce link. Cheers, TygerLily.

#55 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

View PostSodapop, on 28 April 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

This stock idea sounds pretty awesome, will check out the Mechforce link. Cheers, TygerLily.

Hey, thanks for checking it out! What will I see you piloting on Monday? ;)

#56 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:39 PM

Merry Patchmas everyone!

#57 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:21 AM

I wish you guys all the best for this. Beleive me when I say, stock mech games are much more fun than any min/max game.
If you guys want even more of a challenge, set a MBV limit per team (as the same Mech in a different base variant can be much better due to better weapons or more armour).

Pax Mortis from the Dierons has made a MBV table (including the possibility of calculating the MBV of modified Mechs if you have a Smurphys link) http://mbv.36thdieron.de/

While your at it.. try tier 1 stock mechs only as well... as they are even more of a challenge for a team (even hotter, no ECM/TAG/FF/ES/ER/Artemis/Streaks, very limited ammunition and depending on which mech also paper thin armour)

#58 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:18 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 29 April 2014 - 12:21 AM, said:

I wish you guys all the best for this. Beleive me when I say, stock mech games are much more fun than any min/max game.
If you guys want even more of a challenge, set a MBV limit per team (as the same Mech in a different base variant can be much better due to better weapons or more armour).

Pax Mortis from the Dierons has made a MBV table (including the possibility of calculating the MBV of modified Mechs if you have a Smurphys link) http://mbv.36thdieron.de/

While your at it.. try tier 1 stock mechs only as well... as they are even more of a challenge for a team (even hotter, no ECM/TAG/FF/ES/ER/Artemis/Streaks, very limited ammunition and depending on which mech also paper thin armour)

NICE, I'll post this BV list on the MechForce: Classic site! OR....maybe you stop by and say 'hey' Roulette! ;)

#59 Rushin Roulette

• 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:42 AM

View PostTygerLily, on 29 April 2014 - 03:18 AM, said:

NICE, I'll post this BV list on the MechForce: Classic site! OR....maybe you stop by and say 'hey' Roulette! ;)

I would love to, together with my unit... however afraid the timezone problem would mess up my Tuesdays pretty royally... the fights are planned to start at 3:30AM local time which would mean I would probably look similar to this the next day;

Posted Image

#60 Mryyden

• Pip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:18 AM

So Bad ASS!!! I am Def down for this. Way to go Tyger, sweet graphic. I was so excited yesterday cause i thought it was this monday lol Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users