624 replies to this topic

#621 Jabilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:20 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 29 May 2014 - 10:47 PM, said:

You. are. in. the. guides. forum.

This forum is predicated on the idea that people want to learn how to play (or not play) the game better.

Perhaps if you stopped dedicating your time to criticising others' guides and telling them how to post in the guides forum, you would find your life less stressful. If you are obsessed that no one should ever be warned that a build is inferior, and view other people's time as worthless compared to your desire to "play what you want" - stay out of the forums dedicated toward doing exactly that.

This forum is set aside for advice about builds - what is good, what is bad, how to do things. You have no right to be offended, and absolutely no call to abuse me as lacking "decency" simply for telling people that a bad build is bad. To drop into the guides forum and try to throw your weight around says much about you - and none of it good.

I suggest a long walk in the country.

#622 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:24 PM

View PostJabilo, on 29 May 2014 - 11:20 PM, said:

I suggest a long walk in the country.

You came into the guides section of the forum

The place where people give advice on what is or is not optimal.

And then you get offended because someone told you X wasn't optimal?

Translation
It is a personal problem with you.

Not the guide.

Don't like the guide?

Write a competitor.

Edit: made it somewhat less rude

Edited by Shar Wolf, 29 May 2014 - 11:29 PM.

#623 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:28 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 29 May 2014 - 11:19 PM, said:

I don't "Boat" them enough to really help out, or I would have written one myself.

I can try contributing to it from the perspective of someone who uses them on a variety of mechs though
(IE the 10-20 I keep on my Atlas for fire assistance when LOS is not possible)

That would help. I'll PM you once I have a working draft. Then we'll see.

#624 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:37 PM

I agree with the OP and the guide, missile boating on Atlas makes no sense.

But I do bring 3xLRM5 on most of my builds as a support fire weapon. It's the most weight efficient, and makes use of all missile tubes at once, so you can still fire one salvo of 15 if needed, but these are mostly used in chain fire for chasing down fleeing targets with no AMS support, or to give you some suppresive cover while you are closing in with your main close range weapon and the rest of the squad with you. LRMs have a place on Atlas, specially with those arms being in such a bad spot, it's a great tool for some suppresion, so you don't have to expose yourself completely everytime you want to shoot at the enemy a bit.

#625 POOTYTANGASAUR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 595 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:21 AM

The only atlas build i have that even carries an lrm. It is simply to use if i ever see someone in the open and need to supplement my ERLL. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...92f77da55c194c1
EDIT: If i were to run an atlas lrm boat (extremely unlikely). I would run this: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e068b8df7166bf8
You may have noticed it lacks tag. This is because i would exclusively run it with a scout running tag and narc.

Edited by POOTYTANGASAUR, 16 June 2014 - 11:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users