289 replies to this topic

#121 Votanin FleshRender

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 518 posts
  • Location3rd rock from the Sun

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

I'm still getting longer wait times than usual. usual wait for me once I click play is 5-10 seconds. taking 30-60 seconds now, with any size mech

#122 xJohnWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

I would encourage MWO staff to play their own game more often to get live feedback from themselves rather than relying 99% on community feedback.

I would like to think that the MWO Staff are capable and willing gamers that could play their own game and figure out some of their own issues during gameplay to better assist them in crafting future changes and fixes.

Also... do math. C-Bill bundles don't add up. I can buy a regular mech on sale and sell it for MANY more c-bills per MC. Or the Champion cicada on sale or not is 700 c-bills per mc more valuable than the top c-bill bundle.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the OP - I am still having problems with hanging and match making problems. PRE-Patch I experience an average of 3 failed matches before getting a drop. POST-Patch, I attempted 8 drops and only got 1. That was after 3/3/3/3 was removed. So 7 failed drops and only 1 successful.

So, is the player base too small for MM to work properly? If so, make the MM a little looser. And maybe do more work on marketing to get the player base back to healthy levels. -OR- is there actually something WRONG with MM at higher ELO levels? I know I'm not the only one who has this problem on a regular basis.

#123 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

I'm getting in matches right away most of the time...like REALLY fast now.

#124 xJohnWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 29 April 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

I'm getting in matches right away most of the time...like REALLY fast now.

This... I wish I could have that. But I suspect...

View PostxNoSkillz, on 29 April 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

...higher ELO levels...

#125 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

View PostCorbon Zackery, on 29 April 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

Yea! more free stuff!

Piranha games strikes again.

PGI shoots foot off.

No really we identified this problem on the public test server. We reported it to the feedback forums. They had plenty of time to investigate the situation and solve the issue.

So I don't know what to say. I feel like we need the south park I'm Sorry vid right now.

http://youtu.be/rDqatJPvOfk

PGI: yes footso? need another dozen pairs of feet please we're running low... yes again. thksbye!

#126 Jabakahn

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

LOL
DEV guys are the same every where.
Posted Image

#127 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

View PostxNoSkillz, on 29 April 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

This... I wish I could have that. But I suspect...

I've played with you a few times before and finished in the top 5 in a few tournaments, not exactly terrible here :P

#128 xJohnWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 29 April 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

I've played with you a few times before and finished in the top 5 in a few tournaments, not exactly terrible here :P

I know I know... haha. Just jerking your chain. Unfortunately I haven't had as good luck as you. :ph34r:

#129 Bartholomew bartholomew

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 29 April 2014 - 02:26 PM, said:

We appreciate the suggestions regarding 24/7 test servers. However, this issue would not necessarily have been discovered any sooner by such. Even by extending our test server hours in this Public Test as we had done this time, while we did see a larger number of overall testers, we did not see a rise in the peak total over a sustained period of time that could really compare to the peak volume we see in the live environment. It's that peak value of players joining and trying to launch at once which helped trigger and identify this issue.

The roadblocks to increasing that tester peak are more numerous but certainly worth investigating. One of the foremost we won't be able to get rid of is the necessity for a second download and installation, which instantly puts out a number of testers we would love to have on board but cannot at this moment due to bandwidth or hard disk space restrictions. Other constructive ideas would be appreciated though!

Build a pressure cooker AI for player inflation on testers. the AI does not need to do much more than run to the center firing wildy to be reasonably accurate to the average player base.

Edited by Bartholomew bartholomew, 29 April 2014 - 08:00 PM.

#130 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:01 PM

View PostEddrick, on 29 April 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

3/3/3/3 is very similar how groups are formed in MMORPGs. The people on the popular end (DPS role) get wait times of 15 minutes on average. I expect similar here with Heavy and Assault Mechs.

And how is this remotely acceptable in an arena shooter where you can't even modify your other mechs while waiting? In an MMO there is an expansive gameworld where you can interact with other players, perform quests, farm materials, advance your character and/or chat while you wait! Plus you can queue up for multiple things so you might be waiting a long time for a dungeon but at least you can get a quick battle-ground or arena in! Not so here! And the "vocal-minority" on the forums mentioned this ad nauseam and we continue to be told we are not representative of the true player base, that our observations therefore do not reflect "truth." Yet here we are, unacceptable wait times. Shocking.

#131 Bartholomew bartholomew

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

View PostAym, on 29 April 2014 - 08:01 PM, said:

And how is this remotely acceptable in an arena shooter where you can't even modify your other mechs while waiting? In an MMO there is an expansive gameworld where you can interact with other players, perform quests, farm materials, advance your character and/or chat while you wait! Plus you can queue up for multiple things so you might be waiting a long time for a dungeon but at least you can get a quick battle-ground or arena in! Not so here! And the "vocal-minority" on the forums mentioned this ad nauseam and we continue to be told we are not representative of the true player base, that our observations therefore do not reflect "truth." Yet here we are, unacceptable wait times. Shocking.

Makes me glad I am very good in a medium

#132 Randalf Yorgen

• 1,026 posts
  • Locationwith in 3m of the exposed Arcons rear ct

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 29 April 2014 - 07:02 PM, said:

PGI: yes footso? need another dozen pairs of feet please we're running low... yes again. thksbye!

so this is where all those shoes with feet in them that have been washing up on the Vancouver/Seattle beaches have been coming from.

#133 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

View PostVotanin FleshRender, on 29 April 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

I'm still getting longer wait times than usual. usual wait for me once I click play is 5-10 seconds. taking 30-60 seconds now, with any size mech

They're using the minimally viable matchmaker mode (aka Mi v MM) until they can squash enough bugs to get 3/3/3/3 running properly again.

Posted Image

Better bring out the big guns.

#134 Rayne Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 115 posts
  • LocationVickers Mining Co. Trellshire Province, Lyran Commonwelth. Hollers, Derf

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

View PostSoloun, on 29 April 2014 - 05:48 PM, said:

I am a bit annoyed there's no way to pause premium time though when things like this happen, its no one fault regardless of what all the whiners say, get over it guys, but I bought another months worth the other week and was back playing because you said the 29th is the day, now times ticking away and its not working and my money feels like it was wasted.

This is pretty much where I'm at. I activated my premium time before I tested anything today (partially my own fault I guess), but I wanted to test out the private matchmaker, so I activated it, but then I ran 2-3 matches under the massively borked 3/3/3/3 match. This was the 15 days premium I had banked from my earlier purchase of a clan package, I really wish I could deactivate that and wait until this is fixed, as that's what I was saving it for. I'm not surprised, just really disappointed.

#135 Meta 2013

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNorth Eastern US

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:46 PM

I will Add this, I was very happy and more than willing to join the test servers, and when they added the bonus 50k MC, and C-Bills, that was more than enough fun to compensate,( and also a great idea). That also probably guaranteed them I will spend some more MC on a few cockpit items I decided I really liked. The great thing about that is testing new mechs, you can elite immediately, and really see how they will perform. You can see which variants you like better, unlike a trail mech you can customize the load out, and all in all, its a good trade off for us to go into the test server, and help them find bugs.

I saw people criticize only one day of premium time, well for those that cannot afford to put any money into the game, and are just starting out, that's a very nice little perk. Just as the free mechs are to a player who is grinding c-bills with their first mech after new pilot bonus.

The matches are more fun as people aren't worried about stats and just get out and brawl.

Meta

(P.S.) would suggest upping the MC and C-bills to100k when running the test server. Eliting 3 mechs at once takes a lot of gxp, and that costs a lot of mc to convert enough exp to gxp to elite or master.

#136 Osric Lancaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

We have 4 trial 'Mechs. One of each weight class. Assault, heavy, medium and light.
Remember waaaay back before UI 2.0 when you could have up to 4 'mechs 'readied' ?
What if, and I may be blowing some minds here so hold on to your butts -
What IF we brought that system back, let people opt to ready a chassis from each weight class. . .
and then the match maker drops them in whichever chassis it doesn't have enough of.

#137 zeroslug

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

3/3/3/3 doesn't really even bother me that much. I run a medium, small and a heavy, and I rarely run my stalker missile boat. (Mainly because nobody seems to want to hold a lock for longer than a quarter second, but that's another story for another thread.)

This whole one group per team thing has me a little bit booty-bothered. This might really make my pilot seat uncomfortable simply because it'll be damn near impossible to get a match. I barely even play MWO when my friends aren't playing in a group with me. If I squint really hard and tilt my head a bit, I can sort of see how this might balance things, maybe...

Edit: Just kidding, I can't really wrap my head around it. Why should there be only one group per team? It sounds like this is gonna really mitigate our ability to find matches so we can play together.

Furthermore, it seems kind of suckish that at least ONE of us has to run a different weight category than the other three in the group, just to 'maybe' let us get a match.

Edited by zeroslug, 29 April 2014 - 08:56 PM.

#138 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

Now I can remove cockpit glass, I finally patched my client after a few months thinking of playing it tonight for old times sake to see if I still gave a honeybadger. But if there is this many problems with wait times in US primetime, I SHUDDER to think what the wait times will be in the Oceanic Primetime.

#139 QuaxDerBruchpilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 319 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:46 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 29 April 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

It's good to see somethings never change, like PGI adding something. "testing" it on their bogus short term "test server" and finding it doesn't actually work.

Thanks, you pretty much sum up PGI's incompetence with just one sentence.

#140 QuaxDerBruchpilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 319 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:59 PM

View PostOsric Lancaster, on 29 April 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

We have 4 trial 'Mechs. One of each weight class. Assault, heavy, medium and light.
Remember waaaay back before UI 2.0 when you could have up to 4 'mechs 'readied' ?
What if, and I may be blowing some minds here so hold on to your butts -
What IF we brought that system back, let people opt to ready a chassis from each weight class. . .
and then the match maker drops them in whichever chassis it doesn't have enough of.

Stop this. You cannot expect PGI to do something that requires thinking. Or using intellect.

On a second thougt, they could also show the number of mechs in each weight class waiting for a match so you could select a proper mech. But then .. see first paragraph.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users