Official

182 replies to this topic

#161 Anchelias

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationDrama, Hellas

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

on the topic of hardware needs of the graphic engine:

I got into beta yesterday and played all through the night (i know, bad for me), at highest rates and full screen (24inch 1080p). No major problems with heat or broken polygons etc, on a desktop i bought on 2/2011 for about 1.000,00 euros. (I beleive i m not disclosing anything vital here.)

Compared to the swtor graphix engine, i have to say i like swtor graphics a lot, but they feel like a ground pounders' graphic engine to me... I think what i have seen so far for mwo is closer to what i would expect for a btech universe experience from a mech driver's point of view. In all reality, it's probably a matter of finance as much as technical... I m just happy mwo exists:P

Edited by Anchelias, 03 August 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#162 Razgul

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

I haven't gone through this whole thread but I would like to know will dx11 be used eventually in MWO? So far everything is DX9.

#163 Al Bert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

View PostRazgul, on 08 November 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

I haven't gone through this whole thread but I would like to know will dx11 be used eventually in MWO? So far everything is DX9.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1389491

#164 Cannydog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

So I just updated one of my systems and am now being informed that the version of the Crysis 3 Engine being used doesn't recognize my GTX-670!?! At first I thought my video drivers might be corrupt, so I did a clean reinstall. But I'm getting the same error message as before. Seems really odd to me that this game is in Open Beta, and you are Nvidia partners, yet your game doesn't recognize the latest graphics cards. :( That's incredible!

#165 rgreat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 851 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

View PostCannydog, on 21 November 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

So I just updated one of my systems and am now being informed that the version of the Crysis 3 Engine being used doesn't recognize my GTX-670!?! At first I thought my video drivers might be corrupt, so I did a clean reinstall. But I'm getting the same error message as before. Seems really odd to me that this game is in Open Beta, and you are Nvidia partners, yet your game doesn't recognize the latest graphics cards. :( That's incredible!

Does Crysis 2 (or other games) works?

Edited by rgreat, 21 November 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#166 Cache

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 746 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

So I just updated one of my systems and am now being informed that the version of the Crysis 3 Engine being used doesn't recognize my GTX-670!?! At first I thought my video drivers might be corrupt, so I did a clean reinstall. But I'm getting the same error message as before. Seems really odd to me that this game is in Open Beta, and you are Nvidia partners, yet your game doesn't recognize the latest graphics cards. ;) That's incredible!

I hope you took the proper step first and submitted this problem to support.

#167 Fooooo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

So I just updated one of my systems and am now being informed that the version of the Crysis 3 Engine being used doesn't recognize my GTX-670!?! At first I thought my video drivers might be corrupt, so I did a clean reinstall. But I'm getting the same error message as before. Seems really odd to me that this game is in Open Beta, and you are Nvidia partners, yet your game doesn't recognize the latest graphics cards. ;) That's incredible!

I upgraded my system not long ago and have a EVGA 670 GTX.....

The game picks it up fine. SDK is fine, crysis 2 is fine etc etc...... something else must be wrong on your end maybe ??

Edited by Fooooo, 22 November 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#168 NLdefqon

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

will this game have sli support and 64bit ?

#169 Greyson Carlyle

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

^^^^^ crossfire and 64 would be nice however remember peeps its only beta right now theyll get there

#170 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

CrossfireX does work in MWO. Please note the red graphs below. These reflect the activity of the 2 GPUs in my AMD/ATI HD 6990 while playing MWO. The dip in the graphs is due to my exit from the game to take a snip of the AMD system monitor utility. While playing MWO, my FPS ranges from 30 to 70 fps.

Posted Image

#171 VarietyOfCells

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 904 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNYC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

That does not mean it's working, just means both GPUs are running. Try running the game after turning Crossfire off and tell us if you get an FPS drop. I hadn't in the past, same average FPS with crossfire on and off. Haven't tried in a little while but I don't remember them saying anything about optimizing for crossfire in the patch notes.

#172 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

View PostVarietyOfCells, on 07 December 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

That does not mean it's working, just means both GPUs are running. Try running the game after turning Crossfire off and tell us if you get an FPS drop. I hadn't in the past, same average FPS with crossfire on and off. Haven't tried in a little while but I don't remember them saying anything about optimizing for crossfire in the patch notes.

I have talked at length with AMD engineers and the manufacturer of my HD6990 video, namely PowerColor. Because my HD6990 is designed with 2 GPUs on the same physical card, CrossfireX is always enabled on my HD 6990. When I first purchased my HD6990, the AMD System monitor displayed no activity on one of my GPU cores. PowerColor then sent me an update to my HD6990 video BIOS. I installed this and both GPUs where activated and I noticed a marked improvement in the FPS rate of the multiple games I was playing at the time. i.e. BF3, Crysis 2, MWO. I did notice the MWO amd.txt file in the MWO client files does not list my HD6990 but those GPU card listings typically lag the latest models.

#173 VarietyOfCells

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 904 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

Oh I'm sure your GPU is working. And yes you will see an improvement in some games with crossfire. What I'm saying is that I'm pretty sure they haven't gotten around to optimizing MWO for crossfire yet. So while both GPUs are running, the second one isn't actually aiding in a better frame rate yet. Same as how you can have multiple cores on your processor, but if the program isn't optimized for multiple cores it won't matter.

EDIT: MWO is actually optimized run on multiple cores very well by the way.

Edited by VarietyOfCells, 08 December 2012 - 08:22 AM.

#174 T Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

View PostVarietyOfCells, on 08 December 2012 - 08:20 AM, said:

EDIT: MWO is actually optimized run on multiple cores very well by the way.

No, it's not. At least not for AMD processors. MWO isn't optimized in any possible way as of now.

#175 VarietyOfCells

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 904 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

Well by that I mean it uses all the cores evenly. I'm not sure about higher than quad though. But there's much more optimization needed beyond spreading out the load, definitely. I phrased that incorrectly.

#176 Bitslizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

View PostWM HellRider, on 13 June 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

Hey would an AMD Anthlon II x2 with 3g Ram with an Nx8800GT with 512MB DDR3 Run MWO at a decent frame rate to play?

NO!

in all honesty, that's a pretty low end system spec for 2012, I have a member in my unit complaining about how his system is unplayable and he got a 3ghz Core2Duo 4gb ram and 9800GT, which is better than your system's spec

#177 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

View PostT Hawk, on 08 December 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

No, it's not. At least not for AMD processors. MWO isn't optimized in any possible way as of now.

And of course you, T Hawk, are a member of the PGI development team so you would know this, correct? My suggestion to you is to keep your inane, uninformed comments to yourself.

#178 Crazie General

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

View PostAidan, on 08 December 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

And of course you, T Hawk, are a member of the PGI development team so you would know this, correct? My suggestion to you is to keep your inane, uninformed comments to yourself.

As of today, it is still running on DirectX 9? Yes

Most of our computers use? DirectX 11

Can this be classified as not Optimized? Yes

Could a child figure this out? Yes

Stupid to say he needs to be Development team to point out the obvious coding problems in the game...

Edited by Crazie General, 12 December 2012 - 04:57 AM.

#179 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

View PostAidan, on 08 December 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

You do know that MWO is currently still in the Beta phase. One very core aspect of a Beta product is that optimization is still in process. You cant optimize a perfectly optimized product any more (not that any Game will ever be perfectly optimized for every possible hardware combination).

You dont need to be a developer to know that the game is not optimized or close to being optimized.... and its not as if the developers themselves have ever in any way stated thta the game is perfectly optimized in their eyes. Quite the opposite, most coding issues are still heaviliy work in progress.

#180 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

View PostCrazie General, on 12 December 2012 - 04:50 AM, said:

As of today, it is still running on DirectX 9? Yes

Most of our computers use? DirectX 11

Can this be classified as not Optimized? Yes

Could a child figure this out? Yes

Stupid to say he needs to be Development team to point out the obvious coding problems in the game...

As the former Lead Map Designer for MechWarrior Living Legends aka MWLL, I can see the improvement in the efficiency of the MWO maps. They are attempting to design with the following criteria:1. Good game play response 2.Excellent graphics to provide an immersive environment for the player. MWO still has lssues but they are working through them and testing methodically so each patch release is as stable as their limited in-house testing can provide. I will just quote Bing's Bromide, "It is easy to criticize something for which you have absolutely no responsibility" So submit to the MWO Dev team legitimate concerns and repeatable bugs so they can, in time, address these issues for the betterment of the community and the MWO game. Oh and hopefully MWO community members are not trying to play this game with some 10 year old computer rig that is barely 2 steps above an Abacus! And the DX11 renderer is coming soon. Don't get your panties in a wad.

Edited by Aidan, 12 December 2012 - 06:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users