#101 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

View Postwanderer, on 05 May 2014 - 05:25 AM, said:

In a situation where you have a 1v2 and mobility is not an option, you basically use the only cover available- the LRM user. Of the two, he has the lowest infighting firepower, is likely to be the least agile, and keeping him between you and the direct-fire opponent not only renders the latter useless, impatient ones may very well shoot the LRM boat for you.

It feels counterintuitive but it works. At that range, you fight like it was two equally matched targets- twist and shed fire across your upper body, because at point-blank, he'll have trouble hitting even Ravens in the legs. Once you've gotten the LRM boat down, back up to speed you go- and remember that the corpse still absorbs fire even if it's dead, letting you sometimes get some temporary cover to shield with while you get back to speed. Pay attention to the second 'Mech and use your superior agility to keep the first between you and him.

Came up with a plan if ever I was in that situation in that part of the map again.
Problem is there is only two paths in and out... The left and the right path...
I should take the hidden 3rd path in the middle.. The shortest overhang is actually climb-able by a 1JJ Raven.
Sooo... Victor comes in take my 1-2 pop shots at him...
Now the tricky part... LRM boat would have his lock on me and Victor would be trying to kill me...
Run and JJ over the shortest overhand...
Now two things happen if I an able to successfully get to the other side...
One of the thing I notice happen that I didn't really expect was the Victor to be so heavily hammered by the base turrets that he lost a leg. Legged Victor versus base turrets will have a hard time getting back to me.
Cliff over hang would be on my side.. I can start engaging the LRM both that was on the left path and he would be pin between me and the base turrets... His LRM will tend to clip the over hand while my right side weapon be free to engage him easily.
Ahhh... I would have been a more interesting match, had I thought of this plan at the time... For the next time... :(

Off topic:
On TV! Damn.... 129KPH seems so, damn slow on the side perspective.. Much fun successfully hunting your rivals.. :P
Skip to the 1h 00min 1s mark...
http://www.twitch.tv...gtv/b/526110060

View PostDamia Savon, on 05 May 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

Sure it helps but given the LRM speed I think 3.5 second flight time puts you at 600m or so. 3.5 seconds is more time than most people realize to get out of the way.

Nothing much to counter accept this.. Need to -1 Second due to delayed "Missiles Incoming"... Most mechs can't react 2.5 second unless they are already in cover or something... Makes those super boats especially deadly at 500-600M ranges.

Edited by ShinVector, 05 May 2014 - 05:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users