• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:31 AM

View PostHeffay, on 04 June 2014 - 04:26 AM, said:

MWO: Works
SC: Doesn't work. :)

Really?

MWO is claiming to be fully released, SC isn't even in Alpha yet.

#982 FallenFactol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 124 posts
  • LocationTulsa

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:34 AM

It begins!

#983 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:48 AM

View PostIqfish, on 04 June 2014 - 04:31 AM, said:

MWO is claiming to be fully released, SC isn't even in Alpha yet.

This is their alpha release. Rumor is that it's working for some people, so I probably just need to wait for a patch, reinstall, or something like that. Can't wait!!

#984 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:29 AM

The mods closed the Announcement thread I made to single out the fact that AC was released. Guess they are scared!

#985 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:39 AM

Nope they are not!
I'm currently downloading the AC.
I was the first to post about SC on the MWO forums and a gold ticket owner.
I visited the hangar reveal in cologne last year.
I'm absolutly hyped about that game!

But all that isn't any reason why I should allow a rule violation to pass. Besides that: Discussing moderation is another rule violation. Do you want to add some more?

Edited by Egomane, 04 June 2014 - 05:40 AM.

#986 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:48 AM

View PostHeffay, on 04 June 2014 - 04:48 AM, said:

This is their alpha release. Rumor is that it's working for some people, so I probably just need to wait for a patch, reinstall, or something like that. Can't wait!!

I think their Alpha of the Game is this Fall/Winter

#987 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:33 AM

Thank God it's finally out.

Now maybe we'll be able to ditch the impatient crybabies and the fairweather folks and get some constructive talk around here.

#988 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

Yup working for 'some' people...
Strangely I can't get higher than my first run.. DAMN Vanduul keep ramming me !! :D

Should be up in an hour.. My first run on Vanduul Swarm.

#989 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:14 AM

I think this is gonna melt my computer. I'll give it shot tonight anyway.

#990 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:14 AM

So much for the first AC release. Shelfed until CIG allows me to modify the flight controls into something usable. Their current implementation of fixed controls and their vision on how those are mapped, make it extremly clunky and unintuitive to fly.

Those with predefined controllers like the warthog, X55 or a gamepad may be better off, but for me it's currently unplayable.

It looks nice though!

Edited by Egomane, 04 June 2014 - 08:15 AM.

#991 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:15 AM

View PostEgomane, on 04 June 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

So much for the first AC release. Shelfed until CIG allows me to modify the flight controls into something usable. Their current implementation of fixed controls and their vision on how those are mapped, make it extremly clunky and unintuitive to fly.

Those with predefined controllers like the warthog, X55 or a gamepad may be better off, but for me it's currently unplayable.

It looks nice though!

It is actually easier to kill stuff with mouse and keyboard than joystick as expected.

#992 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:16 AM

Rub it in, jerkface! :D I'm stuck here at work trying to get oxygen to my brain at some senior leadership meeting while you're sitting there Arena Commandering! GRRR!!!

Tomorrow will be new video game hangover day. I can already tell. Friday will be a sick day, because *cough cough* it's going around, you know?

At least I get to read the angst on the Star Citizen forums in the AC subsection. It's a lot like the MWO forums. It's a beautiful thing to read!

#993 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:21 AM

Don't get me wrong! I do love the possibilities the controls provide. The flight model feels good. But the way those controls are mapped is absolutly horrible.

And I will not play it with mouse and keyboard! Even if it means that I wasted a lot of money. This games screams for a joystick, so I hope we will be able to modify our controls soon.

#994 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:29 AM

Is the Vanduul swarm thing single player only? No co-op?

Anyone find something like a friends list? Someone mentioned a lobby, but I haven't had a chance to dig around in there yet.

#995 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:34 AM

So far it is only singleplayer. If there are already users playing in multiplayer they must be very rare, as I haven't seen anyone mention a functional multiplayer component. My guess is, that this will come with the next release.

#996 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

View PostEgomane, on 04 June 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

So far it is only singleplayer. If there are already users playing in multiplayer they must be very rare, as I haven't seen anyone mention a functional multiplayer component. My guess is, that this will come with the next release.

Someone posted with a citizen ID number in the 300s and he said he wasn't in. My guess is they haven't enabled it yet because of stability issues. Or to ensure that they hit the metric for release, the starting range of multi-player ID numbers is 0-0. :D

#997 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:05 AM

ARGHHHH.. The collisions are OP in this game... Damn you Vanduul you Kamikaze.. B@#$@#DS !! :D

#998 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:19 AM

https://robertsspace...-Guide-V0-8.pdf

#999 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:30 AM

View PostEgomane, on 04 June 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

It looks nice though!

To be fair, the locked customization is to prevent even more bugs happening before they further stabilize. It's to help testing.

I know I'll be taking out the Xbox controller, Joystick, and KB+M to see how they all handle, even WITH the set bindings :D

#1000 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:44 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 04 June 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

To be fair, the locked customization is to prevent even more bugs happening before they further stabilize. It's to help testing.

Yes, I know! Still frustrating! :D

By now I remembered, that I can reprogram my stick with the thrustmaster T.A.R.G.E.T software. I simply switched the X and the Z axis and now the fighter is performing how I want it to. Made it to wave 9 in my first attempt on the Vanduul swarm with that change in effect. There I died because of a romulan asteroid, suddenly decloaking in my flight path, while I was hunting the last fighter of the wave.

Edit:
Second attempt got me into the 12th wave. Without using my missles, as I forgot ab out them in the heat of the battle. :rolleyes: Lets see how far I'll get on the weekend, when I have some more time for playing.

Edited by Egomane, 04 June 2014 - 01:02 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users