292 replies to this topic

#281 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:45 AM

To make a point you do not always have to attack PGI.

#282 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:53 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 20 June 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

Well now there was a twitter from Russ (If I remember right) stating that they were working on 5-11 man groups.
I remember that because he specifically mentioned Roadbeer.

Out of curiosity, do you understand why that statement rings so hollow?

#283 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

View PostGoose, on 06 May 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

There just is no good news, today, is there? :)

Good new's is that they saw there were a problem.

Isn't it a good thing?

#284 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 20 June 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

Good new's is that they saw there were a problem.

Isn't it a good thing?

well I don't know. They saw there was a problem all the way back in OB. That was nearly 2 years ago

View PostRoland, on 20 June 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

Out of curiosity, do you understand why that statement rings so hollow?

they've stated that 3 or 4 times since the launch module announcement. Every time they make the statement they drop it and then come back a few days later or a week or so and say "not going to happen"

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 20 June 2014 - 08:45 AM, said:

To make a point you do not always have to attack PGI.

agree 100%

pointing out where they've screwed up in my eyes isn't attacking them. there's a huge difference.

#285 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostSandpit, on 12 June 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

you mean like every other online shooter out there? You mean actually give players MORE options on how to play the game that don't cost extra cash? You mean stuff that's been done as an industry standard for a decade now?
You mean something like....
"Hardcore Queue" all group sizes plus solo who opt in
"Regular Queue" anyone not wanting to play with groups?

Nah, that's far too much trouble. it's far easier to...

Give players LESS options and tell anyone who doesn't like it "peace out" and "drop the mic" on them to show how "cool" you are to your "TRUE" supporters.
No, like "tryhard queue" for the groups, and "normal queue" for the lone wolves :).

#286 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostSephlock, on 20 June 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

No, like "tryhard queue" for the groups, and "normal queue" for the lone wolves :).

exactly

I can't think of any other successful shooter out there that doesn't have some sort of system like this in place.

#287 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:06 AM

View PostSandpit, on 20 June 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

exactly

I can't think of any other successful shooter out there that doesn't have some sort of system like this in place.

In fairness, the "hardcore" queue should be eliminated and everyone who plays it in should be forced to play the game the fun way.

Granted, I do sort of like the idea of the masterkey ACTUALLY BEING ABLE TO GET KILLS, but theoretically with the dumb queue removed, the weapons could be rebalanced for the fun queue alone.

{Get kills under enough circumstances to justify taking it as anything other than a joke attachment).

#288 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

View PostSephlock, on 20 June 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

In fairness, the "hardcore" queue should be eliminated and everyone who plays it in should be forced to play the game the fun way.

Granted, I do sort of like the idea of the masterkey ACTUALLY BEING ABLE TO GET KILLS, but theoretically with the dumb queue removed, the weapons could be rebalanced for the fun queue alone.

{Get kills under enough circumstances to justify taking it as anything other than a joke attachment).

I honestly believe one of the reasons PGI won't do it is because their precious no-groups allowed queue would wither and die. Most players that I've talked to that PUG have stated (hell it was even very apparent in the feedback thread) prefer fighting alongside groups due to getting higher quality games more often. PGI knows best though *rolls eyes*

#289 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:11 AM

View PostSandpit, on 20 June 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

I honestly believe one of the reasons PGI won't do it is because their precious no-groups allowed queue would wither and die. Most players that I've talked to that PUG have stated (hell it was even very apparent in the feedback thread) prefer fighting alongside groups due to getting higher quality games more often. PGI knows best though *rolls eyes*

OTOH the people who group up are all terrible, evil people who kick kittens and enjoy those chinese videos where women do unspeakable things to puppies.

#290 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:13 AM

View PostSephlock, on 20 June 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

OTOH the people who group up are all terrible, evil people who kick kittens and enjoy those chinese videos where women do unspeakable things to puppies.

exactly

oddly enough, I'd like to know how the whole "we're not lifting group limits because we are stopping roflstomps" is going? I played a match this morning as a PUG and it was a 12-0 roflstomp that my team won. So I'd like to know again exactly how the launch module and group limits has stopped roflstomps.

#291 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:18 AM

View PostSandpit, on 20 June 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

exactly

oddly enough, I'd like to know how the whole "we're not lifting group limits because we are stopping roflstomps" is going? I played a match this morning as a PUG and it was a 12-0 roflstomp that my team won. So I'd like to know again exactly how the launch module and group limits has stopped roflstomps.
You're just that good, so anything you see is island material.

Biased sample and all that.

#292 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostSandpit, on 20 June 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

and until PGI acknowledges that they were wrong it will never get fixed. You'll have 12-0 roflstomps regularly until they acknowledge that their data MINING (happy cim? lol) skills are unreliable and their data review is flawed. This another in a looooooooooooooooooong list of stuff.

Tutorials? Nah, don't need them. We gave them 3pv, that's good enough. Things like this are exactly why they didn't get a clan pack out of me.

In their defense, there IS a tutorial now, and it does a much better job than the original one, which did a much better job than not having one at all.

If you notice, we are agreeing on things today, but look back at the difference in our posts. You are taking every chance you get to slander the company, while I am being critical without insults. I'm not saying my way is more effective - obviously it isn't, since they don't respond to my posts on Twitter at all and jump every time you and Road insult them - but I still prefer to be an encouragement to the community instead of cancerous.

Just want the thread to continue the discussion without devolving into another argument.

#293 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostCimarb, on 20 June 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

In their defense, there IS a tutorial now, and it does a much better job than the original one, which did a much better job than not having one at all.

that's like saying adding buns to a burger makes it better. There initial "tutorial" consisted of a short video dude. It took fans all of a week to make better examples. It wasn't hard to improve the "tutorial". That doesn't make the new tutorial "good". You still have new players flailing around not knowing how to work basic controls on their mechs.

I am not slandering anything
http://dictionary.re.../browse/slander
slander: A malicious, FALSE, and defamatory statement.

Nothing Iv'e said is anywhere NEAR false. I've simply pointed out to those that are wanting to jump up and say "hey, they made the clan deadline! they made a promise come true! They are doing MUCH better now, give them some slack" (especially the players saying this that have only been around for 6 months or less) that I said the EXACT same thing for a year now. There's a reason why I'm no longer saying that and pointing out the FACTUAL list of reasons as to why many of us aren't buying (literally) into the "They gonna do better THIS time" tagline.

They had the opportunity to do this 3 months ago
6 months ago
1 year ago
2 years ago

The statements they're making are EXACTLY the same statements they made at launch
and phoenix pack announcement
and clan pack announcement

Huge difference in "slandering" them and merely pointing out the long laundry list of "we promise we'll do better this time" stuff that didn't change.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users