#21 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:38 AM

View PostDaoa Hakoke, on 07 June 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

Hey don't say those things about my awesome, he is literately twice the mech anybody brings. But seriously love dropping with you guys. Just finished a new video from last nights drops and heres a link to it: Awesomeness Come join us for some fun.

Likewise! It's been great having a bunch of new guys lately. I'm excited about where we are and where we're headed.

If we sound like your kind of people, drop any of us a line!

#22 Daoa Hakoke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

Giving a bump to my units recruitment thread. We have fun every night so far, dropping with about two lances. Come and join in on the fun.

#23 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:37 AM

A quick bump for the Ransom's Corsairs Merc Company.

Posted Image

Chat with us at ts3.ransomscorsairs.com
Check up on us at www.ransomscorsairs.com

We're small but growing, and routinely dropping 1-3 lances from 8pm-12am EST. We also have some guys who regularly play during North American daytime hours, so I'm sure Euro players could have fun with us too.

We're serious about having fun and blowing stuff up. We're also serious about RL and family, and understand that both need to be prioritized before gaming.

Some vids of a couple recent PUG drops to prove we may be the right mix of competent, casual & crazy for you.

We're not above experimentation! (4 UAC20 Direwolf - HAWT)

Two lance Sync-Drop (WEEEEEE! Check out this nail-biter ending which epitomizes teamwork! *ps <0 Charlie lance*)

Corsairs excel! At destroying other Corsairs! (another entertaining vs sync drop)

#24 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

Delighted to be officially participating in our first tourney, the ISC run by Aces Wild.

#25 Macksheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:38 PM

That was a great run. Altered my Stormcrow after that - but it was nice to bring that guy following me straight into Terciel's crosshairs...

#26 BlackPhoenix01

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,459 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNJ/NY

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:43 AM

Good morning RC!

#27 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:43 AM

Ransom's Corsairs have added a general inquiry and recruiting thread.

In it you can ask questions, promote discussion, view more videos of Corsairs in action, or inaction... but never missing in action!

Once we've engaged in Ace's Wild Inner Sphere Coalition first season, we'll flagrantly flaunt our victories here and (most likely) meekly sweep our losses under our CO's bunk.

#28 100mile

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:09 AM

<O Morning!! Nothing clever to say today...Except this is a great unit!

#29 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:36 PM

View PostMott, on 27 June 2014 - 05:43 AM, said:

Ransom's Corsairs have added a general inquiry and recruiting thread.

In it you can ask questions, promote discussion, view more videos of Corsairs in action, or inaction... but never missing in action!

Once we've engaged in Ace's Wild Inner Sphere Coalition first season, we'll flagrantly flaunt our victories here and (most likely) meekly sweep our losses under our CO's bunk.

We're giving the CO a bunk now? Goin' soft!!!

#30 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

We did say we were all going to have to stop sleeping together. :(

#31 Muzakman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 102 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:33 AM

View Postjuxstapo, on 28 June 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

We did say we were all going to have to stop sleeping together. :D

Does that mean that Corsairs Command will *finally* issue us bunks and sheets and stuff? Fluffy pillows, even?!?

Can't wait - Arkadash's snoring has been depriving me of sleep :wacko: :D

#32 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

5+ unit sizes means even better gaming action with the Ransom's Corsairs.

We're active every night and most of us (except the M-Lance) are pretty talented.

If you're serious about blowing off steam and semi-serious about becoming the best damn mechwarrior ever... check us out!

www.ransomscorsairs.com

Edited by Mott, 03 July 2014 - 07:03 AM.

#33 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

View PostMott, on 03 July 2014 - 07:03 AM, said:

We're active every night and most of us (except the M-Lance) are pretty talented.

Hey! Don't dis the M-Lance! Those guys are the envy of the T-Lance!

(It's lonely in the T-Lance...)

#34 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

and yet the J-lance is just fine. Regardless of the actual number of members there are plenty of us here to talk to!

And looking at the XO rank badge next to the "Company Commander" rank badge...

Thinking might hafta make my little gold dot bigger... or summin. :D

(srsy, for the longest I had no idea we had a CC rank, I thought Terciel was jerking me around and trying to take my rank badge... no $#!^)

EDIT:!

Fixed! Now no one will....

wait...

Posted Image

Edited by juxstapo, 04 July 2014 - 05:03 PM.

#35 Pekiti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

Bump for a great unit.

I'm one of the newest members to join the Corsairs, and I've been with them for 30 days now. If you are returning to MWO after a long absence (like me) this might be the perfect unit for you. Let me tell you what I've experienced in the past month:

1. They are a friendly bunch. Seriously, this is about as low drama a group as I have ever come across, in many years of online gaming. There is a constant attitude of 'happy to help, however we can'. You'd have to set some of these guys on fire to get them out of their mellow mood.

2. They are a generally older group of players. I think I am the oldest (I'm older than the Super Bowl, actually) and the youngest is twenty-ish. Most are married with kids, and all of them act like adults while gaming - fun loving, slightly crazy, and good-natured adults. They aren't above the occasional swear word, but its a pretty clean and polite group of guys - they all know that someone's kids could be watching/listening, and act accordingly. In today's "trash talking, insults are expected" MMO culture, its a refreshing change for me.

3. They are mostly American, with a few Canadians and occasionally other 'furriners' (as our lone Native Georgian calls them). Because of this, they tend to play in the evenings, 8-midnight Eastern time. However there are a few guys who play in the mornings, and end up teamed with Euro TZ players.

4. They have a broad variety of backgrounds - military veterans, college students, full time Dads, machine operators, computer programmers, and musicians. We even have an attorney in the group (being pirate themed, they kinda had to let him join up, professional courtesy and all that.) Some of them have played in other team based combat oriented games (World of Tanks, EVE Online, etc). For some, this is their first MMO. They're just a well rounded group of folks who share a desire to have fun in Giant Stompy Robots.

5. They have their own Teamspeak server, and voice comms are standard for every serious match. They have their own forums, and they are actively updated and monitored.

6. They are active in the greater MWO community. As an example, the 'Stealth Sales' thread was started by a Corsair, and it is maintained by him as a community service. Others prowl the New Player forums and offer advice (usually good advice, but there is this one guy...). They all know that for the game to grow and thrive, new players need to be welcomed and encouraged - and long time players retained.

7. They have a few really good players, some good players, a bunch of average players, and a couple of guys like me ("Pek, shoot the RED targets please, you don't actually make any credits for blasting those guys you spawned in with.") :P

8. They are active. To me, this is a Big Deal. I've played in other online games where I join a group only to discover they rarely do things as a group, or they only play once a week/month/blue moon. These guys drop every night, and they welcome everyone who wants to join the group, without pressuring you to do so. Before PGI introduced 5+ groups to the game, they synch dropped in groups of 3-4, trying to get everyone in the same match (on either side). If they ended up on the same side of a match, it was treated as a company drop and 'good practice for tournaments'. If they ended up on opposite sides of a match, one group changed channels on Teamspeak and then everyone tried very hard to kill the other guys.

9. They play to win, but not at the expense of anyone's fun. Never any trash talk in public play, period. No 'placing the blame' after a bad match. Everyone understands this is a game, and its supposed to be fun for everyone. Most drops it's 'OK guys, put on your game face, let's kill them all'. Some drops its 'OK, let's see how a base rush works with this kind of group, we've never tried that before, it could be fun.' Some times its a drop like 'OK, Pek wants to know how many mechs we can actually get up onto the Radar Dish in the center of HPG, so everyone grab your favorite jump jet equipped mech and let's embarrass ourselves.'

10. There is no bias for or against IS/Clan tech, or 'fluff'. Drive what you want to drive, fit it the way you want to fit it. Some of the guys are hard core experts on the BT universe. they can tell you who commanded what unit defending what planet during which battle. They can tell you what Hanse Davion's favorite mech was, and why. Other guys had never heard of Battle tech before they joined the game. They just joined up because they want to Kill People With Giant Robots. Most guys bought one or more Clan mechs, some didn't buy any at all. Nobody is bothered by that, on either side.

All in all, Ransom's Corsairs is a friendly, competitive, fun bunch of folks to play MWO with - come drop with us and see if we're the group you've been looking for. Pirate clothing/speech is entirely optional, good attitudes are mandatory.

Edited by Pekiti, 09 July 2014 - 05:18 PM.

#36 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

:P WAITAMINUTE! Some of you guys are furriners???!?!?

#37 zaid

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

Sounds like a great group of guys. How do I join?

#38 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:07 AM

View Postzaid, on 09 July 2014 - 07:51 PM, said:

LOL. Finally going to make an honest woman out of us, eh?

#39 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

View Postzaid, on 09 July 2014 - 07:51 PM, said:

;) Basically do exactly what you've been doing while wearing RC colors.

Edited by juxstapo, 10 July 2014 - 07:04 PM.

#40 GunnyKintaro 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

<S> Ty the men had a great time ! Hope we can do it again sometime soon!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users