Bump for new maps soon.

#63 Andrew X

• PipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 49 posts
  • LocationMaryland, United States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

Maybe this is too generic, but thinking ahead to CW, would it not be a good idea to have a generic map for each faction? Pick a famous planet for each faction to influence the specific map design, and knock out a couple to have handy for later.

#64 bar10jim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

Caverns would be great....have large open caverns that would allow LRMs, but keep in mind caverns can have stalactites hanging from the ceiling as well as rock "pillars" that connect the floor and the ceiling. both could be used for cover from LRMs.

#65 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts
  • LocationSt. Ives, Capital Apocalypse Lancers Compact

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:10 AM

Easy way to multiply maps - every map has a day/night version (except for those few where not applicable, i.e. HPG Manifold).
Its a common tactic to attack at night so future warfare should be no different.

#66 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:03 AM

bump

#67 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:39 AM

Honk if you want a Starport Map.

#68 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

I'd love to see some faction maps with their own architecture.

#69 Kanin Zeta

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 36 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

Bump & Honk!

I'd also love to have some drops start with the mechs inside a dropship. I'm just picky that way.

#70 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:35 AM

View PostWill9761, on 27 July 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

I'd love to see some faction maps with their own architecture.

Oh yeah! A Black Luthien map, a mix of industry and traditional Japanese....

#71 Marathon Warrior

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9 posts
  • LocationListing your location is for freebirths, cadet.

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:12 AM

Bumonk! (Bump & Honk!)

View PostKanin Zeta, on 27 July 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

Bump & Honk!

I'd also love to have some drops start with the mechs inside a dropship. I'm just picky that way.

Well then, check out my topic "A better hotdrop" and see if you like it!

Also I'd like to recommend a map - a full on, UNDERWATER map. The 15 min timer will make sense because that's how much oxygen you have left. At the end of the match there's an animation of your pilot sufficating to death... and there can be tunnels leading into underground caverns. The underwater map can be sort of an atlantis, basically an underwater urban city. The water will affect LRMs by slowing them down or just killing off the power all together. Poptarters will also be affected because they'll stay in the air longer, allowing for bombarment of weapons onto their mechs.

Edited by Koltzi117, 28 July 2014 - 07:12 AM.

#72 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

Bumonk! :P

#73 FireBlood

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

I was thinking about the more maps issue today and I came up with this idea. Instead of getting whole new maps with different terrain how about each map that we have so far that is not a night or winter mission should get at least 1 to 2 support maps. What does this all mean? well for example let’s take Forest Colony;

So we have Forest Colony and Forest Colony Snow. With support maps we would then also have something like Forest Colony Outskirts (something large enough for a dropship to be concealed by terrain from across the map) and something with a main objective like Forest Colony Mechwerks.

These support maps would use the same textures and assets (maybe some new items) as their parent maps and in public play will cycle randomly.

For CW this means many wonderful things, when a faction attacks a planet I envision it like a 3 piece pie chart, each 12 man team plays through 3 - 4 matches to take an objective. Mission 1 in the above example for Forest Colony would be for the attacking team to defend their dropship from the defending planetary force on the Outskirts map. The 2nd mission would be just Forest Colony in any mode. Then the final mission would be for the attacking force to take their main objective from the planetary defenders. If the attackers win they get a third of the planetary control, if the rest of the attackers faction have fought and won elsewhere on the planet in 2 other 3 mission maps then that faction has taken the planet. ( there could be more pieces to the pie but I just used 3 for an example)

Imagine a match near the HPG uplink called HPG Perimeter, you can see the uplink in the distance and know it is your final objective, all the while you are skirmishing with the enemy team in the wastes. Or a Frozen City Glacier map where you are moving toward the city through and on top of the giant glacier with ice caves and jagged peaks. Or Canyon Network Entrance with a large American southwest feeling that has stone pillars that reach to the sky. Or my favorite, River City Interior a dense city/skyscraper map with intense street fighting and narrow alleys.

Scoring would be interesting I don't think 2 out of 3 will work. More like the attacking faction needs to win the first and last mission to succeed, if they win every mission there should be a bonus or something.

Anyway, what do you guys think of this idea for both CW and the more maps option?

#74 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

View Postcdlord, on 28 July 2014 - 04:35 AM, said:

Oh yeah! A Black Luthien map, a mix of industry and traditional Japanese....

Imagine a Clan base with a High tech appearance.

#75 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:08 AM

Get more out of the maps with a new game mode - Dropship Assault.

Each side has a Union-class dropship equipped with turrets that has to be destroyed. Locate in terrain where long range sniping is blocked (any decent pilot would do this) and equip it with enough AMS to block lrms forcing the teams to assault the dropship to win. Or make it so that all the turrets must be destroyed before the dropship starts taking damage.
I'll say it again, I want to see Union-class dropships in the game!

#76 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:12 AM

Bumonk for a Starport map.

#77 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:06 AM

Bumonk!!!

#78 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:46 AM

I would like to have a map selection instead of the current system. So players could build Mechs according to their prefered game style/role without taking the risk of being ineffective. But PGI refuse to do this becuase they think that for example laser boats would play only in cold maps. Ofcourse in cold maps would be prefered for hot laser builds but the same is for all game styles and loadouts so a brawler would select a map for that role etc. It is pretty frustrating if i build a brawler loadout and get the Alpine Peaks 2 or 3 times in a row!!!

#79 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

Sunday bumonk!

#80 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:11 AM

The new Factory/Industrial Complex maps seems pretty nice and it looks like it can support different playstyles.
More maps like this but faster please!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users