• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

View Postdangerzone, on 15 May 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

Huh? I wasn't trying to stand up for anything? O.o I had posted like as soon as this topic was made by PGI and spotted the mistake. You probably came in after the typo was fixed that I had pointed out. I was letting you know what you had missed :)

Sorry if I came off as aggressive.

Why is this still being discussed? You pointed something out and they fixed it - don't feed the trolls.

#82 Waylandx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 273 posts
  • LocationAt the computer!

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:56 PM

Very Shiney but to pricy for my blood

#83 Jolly Llama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

Gonna be real funny looking with one leg.

#84 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostHeroForHire, on 13 May 2014 - 09:42 PM, said:

They never once called the price "low" :)

You guys are completely missing the point of this: It's not about 'value' at all. It's a fund raiser.
If you don't want to support this fundraiser then I kindly ask you not to. :P

MechWarrior has been one of my four favorite games since 1998, and I've played a lot of games.
I support the Gold Khan Mech campaign simply because I want to assist PGI by providing some more funding for them to work with in improving MWO.
I want to see the MechWarrior series continue on and currently the incarnation is MWO.

I listen to the podcasts, I view the YouTube interviews with the Devs, and I read quite a bit in these forums and though there are a million complaints and the game isn't perfect (especially regarding the timeline and I think they should reset the clock back to 3048), I'm patient.

I had some extra money saved up and all my bills were paid so though I know it's extremely overpriced I decided to get one.
Again, this is because I love the MechWarrior games.

I always have. I always will.

So you dont mind handing over that much money to people that have lied about the progress of the game since the beginning? A fool and his money...

No you are just a fanboy. You dont care if they keep failing to deliver. Go right ahead and keep sending them money.

#85 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 15 May 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

So you dont mind handing over that much money to people that have lied about the progress of the game since the beginning? A fool and his money...

No you are just a fanboy. You dont care if they keep failing to deliver. Go right ahead and keep sending them money.

He will, and at the end of the day that is what matters to him. It is his money and he can choose to spend it on hookers, or drugs, or expensive trips, or gold mechs. Regardless of what any angry people say or do.

That is his right.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 15 May 2014 - 05:25 PM.

#86 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 15 May 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

He will, and at the end of the day that is what matters to him. It is his money and he can choose to spend it on hookers, or drugs, or expensive trips, or gold mechs. Regardless of what any angry people say or do.

That is his right.

And that right there is all that really matters.

#87 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:01 PM

To be absolutely clear on my stance, however, because I can see how disgustingly bleached white my armor looks from these sorts of posts (which turns my own stomach a touch):

The gold skins, to me (as in, this is my opinion on the subject), are nowhere near worth the cost IGP is setting. It is artificial scarcity on a purely digital item. A digital item that, in my own personal sense of aesthetics, is about the ugliest thing they could have done as far as skins are concerned. Better options existed, such as unlocking, account wide on all mechs you own now or in the future, the Alpha Galaxy colors of a Clan of your choice from the 7 invading Clans. That would be a significantly better use of $500, IMO.

I also do not personally feel that PGI has, until recently, been on the ball or otherwise had a realistic idea of how to properly manage not only their expectations of their progress but the expectations their player base has had on PGI's abilities to produce stated goals. However, they have shown a recent trend that is extremely refreshing and I hope continues.

However, regardless of my views on PGI, I remain aware that they are my views on PGI. If anything, I am a gray knight in that PGI has done plenty to tick me off, but at the same time they managed to do plenty right. It is way too easy to overlook the good in the face of the bad. Human nature just latches onto bad easier, and I refuse to blind myself to that.

Having said that, as the above is entirely my stance on the matter, I have no right to force my opinions on the gold pack on others. If someone wishes to spend their disposable income on the product, so be it. If someone has too many issues with PGI or the lack of information to do so, so be it. I respect that. However, I would never tell someone either to spend, or not to spend, their money in a certain way.

Edit:

God dammit, Shar Wolf. I am starting to think I could start slapping the keyboard with the flat of my hand and you would "like" my posts. :)

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 15 May 2014 - 06:20 PM.

#88 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else want to pilot their mech with their clan logo slapped somewhere on it. Does anybody know if they will be doing that?

#89 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:14 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 15 May 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

Is it just me or does anyone else want to pilot their mech with their clan logo slapped somewhere on it. Does anybody know if they will be doing that?

Decals will be in after clan packs, but before community warfare 'stage 2'.

(Im full of it, but given that it would be easier to make money selling decals than getting CW functioning, yeah.)

#90 ZachMan119

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 115 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia somewhere...

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

View PostCimarb, on 15 May 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

Why is this still being discussed? You pointed something out and they fixed it - don't feed the trolls.

Argeed.

View Postgeodeath, on 15 May 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

Gonna be real funny looking with one leg.

Yes it will look very funny!

#91 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:42 PM

View PostBlack Rabbit of Inle, on 15 May 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

OMG I got Redacted! This is so cool! I feel like some kind of political dissident or something :) I would be running a cup up and down my cage bars screaming "Attica", if to my shame I could spot and remember the bit they actually removed!... *sigh* it was 'not constructive' so its probably for the best :D

*Ahem*

Anyways you doing better than me with Ex's they squirt stingy liquid in my eyes and give me bits of paper with something about 100 yards at all times... And I wouldn't worry I usually have a rule that I stay away from the 'comments section' for blood pressure issues, god and you give to charities! see now I feel bad chucking a barbed comment your way damn you :o

FTP well I clearly have a Talon and I do have a couple of Heroes so im not adverse to chipping in a few pennies... I wonder going back in time what people would have said if you had put that prediction out on directions in the games industry... I remember at the time thinking that paying a subscription for 'Ultima Online' (yes im in my 30s) was way to far, how dare they, I already paid for this etc... And yet I oddly thought MWO would possibly benefit from it guess im just fickle :P ...

Anyho my usual choice of ride is anything in the light bracket and I don't really like humanoid mechs, so pretty much Jenners and Ravens but I am partial to some Locust fun, my screen grab scrap book has some wonderful achievements with the finicky little sods...

As for the clans I have a kid on the way so I am sitting out on this one, I would have liked a Kit Fox but as its not a Firemoth and as the packs are not the same price as pheonix ill just watch :blink: But its ok using the power of 'denial' I have convinced my self that I am in fact I.S all the way and death to the 'Tank born abominations'.

Plus the way releases work with light mechs first, I will probably only have like a month after release to C-Bill one anyways!

I've also been redacted. That's a first! Well I gues we both will just have to stick to using medium lasers from now on and hold off on using that AC20 in the forums :ph34r:

You mentioned your girlfriends squirting in your eyes... um I am almost afraid to ask but... where are they squirting from? :o

And so, moving on ...

Yes I am also a bit shocked at the direction the online gaming industry has moved. It seems like Free-to-play is the new standard. I'm not sure yet if I like that or not.
I see a huge change in the way things have gone. Before we would wait for a game to mostly finished and then released and we'd pay $60 for a finished product. But then that's usually for single player games. I do miss those times. Things were actually simpler then, though granted they were a lot less dynamic. I'd be happy to pay $60 or $70 for another incarnation of MechWarrior single player.

So your a light mech pilot eh? You're the hidden danger. A lot of MechWarrirors seem to ignore the lights and concentrate on the bigger targets. And I notice that's when the hidden danger hits the big guys in the back and then the whole team crumbles like a house of cards.
Light mechs are dangerous. Especially those ones that run around with ECM, a large laser, and machine guns.
I like speedy mechs as well but with a lot of armor and a Big Gun B) Granted, "speedy" to me is anything that goes faster than 80 kph.

I hope to see you out there in your Kit Fox -- those, Firemoths, and Jenner IIc's are my personal favorite lights. It'll be great to battle alongside, or a fun challenge to battle against, each other.

Finally, I want to congratulate you on your coming child! A bundle of joy and happiness is headed your way (countered of course by sleepless nights and poopy diapers of course).
Being a father is one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever been priviledged with and I wish you and your family long life, prosperity, and happiness ^_^

#92 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

That is his right.

Posted Image

is it really his right to give a hobo cash because he's taleneted enough to give you some art work even though he's said he'll give you the whole graphic novel year after year and you get the idea it's going towards more booze anyways? that's what this clan deal feels like.

oh sure it's his right but it might be irresponsible to keep buying after a company fails to deliver for such a long time.

with clans, until i see what the burst fire will be like, what the varients will be like, how the omnipods are used in the mech lab {pics or its not happening} the bonus modules, the warhorns, the medallions, the targeting computer, is stars still on the table? are we still only going to have c-bills to buy them there by putting an enormous grind wall infront of F2Players and what are factions getting out of this? will you have a novacat avatar beside your name or are you sticking to the lone wolf? some of these questions should've been answered by now so it's my right to consider this whole pack as a dodgey investment till proven otherwise, because i'm also responsible with my money. i've splashed support once, not again until obligations are met {CW and loyalty points}

Edited by GalaxyBluestar, 15 May 2014 - 08:17 PM.

#93 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:55 PM

View PostHeffay, on 14 May 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

Yah? Either be patient, or post your angst on a public forum so we can judge you.

View PostDomoneky, on 14 May 2014 - 10:58 AM, said:

But don't post too angsty or you'll get a slap on the wrist by an Atlas BattleFist like I did.

Or you might get REDACTED (and a firm warning message from the Forum Staff!) like I did :P :)

#94 Zack Esseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 248 posts
  • LocationRith Essa

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 15 May 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

To be absolutely clear on my stance, however, because I can see how disgustingly bleached white my armor looks from these sorts of posts (which turns my own stomach a touch):

Bleach will do that, gold will attract beggars or taxes.

#95 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:17 PM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 15 May 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

I've only been playing since January and though I've read about the missed deadlines, I'm patient. I understand a bit about project management and how scope creep in conjunction with (I hate to say it but...) poor planning causes delays.

And yes you are absolutely correct and I am proud to say I am a MechWarrior fanboy! Have been since '98 and I doubt that'll ever change.
Hey, it beats being a Justin Beaverlake fanboy right? :lol:

That is his right.

Hey do I know you in real life?? You seem to know me well :mellow:
-Hookers, check! (Well, loose women I meet in bars actually, but close enough, right?)
-Drugs, check! (Alcohol! "Can I get another Long Island Iced Tea please, and a pint of Kilkenny to chase it down!")
-Expensive trips, check! (Fortunately those are "business trips" and the company covers the cost :ph34r:

Pariah , you ever come to the Yokohama area, your first six pints are on me!

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 15 May 2014 - 08:15 PM, said:

is it really his right to give a hobo cash because he's taleneted enough to give you some art work even though he's said he'll give you the whole graphic novel year after year and you get the idea it's going towards more booze anyways? that's what this clan deal feels like.
it might be irresponsible to keep buying after a company fails to deliver for such a long time.

I understand you're frustrated, rightfully so. Since I'm late to the game I'm more patient.

oh sure it's his right but
with clans, until i see what the burst fire will be like, what the varients will be like, how the omnipods are used in the mech lab {pics or its not happening} the bonus modules, the warhorns, the medallions, the targeting computer, is stars still on the table? are we still only going to have c-bills to buy them there by putting an enormous grind wall infront of F2Players and what are factions getting out of this? will you have a novacat avatar beside your name or are you sticking to the lone wolf? some of these questions should've been answered by now so it's my right to consider this whole pack as a dodgey investment till proven otherwise, because i'm also responsible with my money. i've splashed support once, not again until obligations are met {CW and loyalty points}

Your frugal and that's cool. I'm a pretty hardcore MechWarrior fan and plan to keep buying items as long as I'm having fun playing MWO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users