Pgi, Is Ui 2.0 Considered Finished?

Feedback

78 replies to this topic

#1 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:38 AM

I cannot help but notice that there is no pinned UI feedback thread for this latest patch. I think this is the third patch without any changes to the new UI. Do you consider the UI complete and functioning as intended at this point, or are you going to revisit the Mech Lab and other omissions in the future?

#2 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

A working "smurfy-like" layout for editing 'mechs is, supposedly, coming sometime soon(ish), possibly before the clans arrive, but we've had that carrot dangled in front of us since the UI was released.
Other than that there has been suspiciously few information on any upcoming changes to the UI or plans thereof.

#3 Lindonius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

The official feedback was closed.

http://mwomercs.com/.../page__st__1100

#4 Harbinger Prime

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

Yes they do consider it finished please refer to the plan http://www.mwomercs.com/theplan#1

Edited by Harbinger Prime, 07 May 2014 - 04:21 AM.

#5 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:46 PM

View PostHarbinger Prime, on 06 May 2014 - 04:59 PM, said:

Yrs they do consider it finished please refer to the plan http://www.mwomercs.com/theplan#1

Disgusting really

#6 Monkeystador

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:01 AM

PGI cannot finsih things . hahaha

#7 Skud22

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:19 AM

I really hope that is not the case, I've only just given in and started playing again since the complete cluster f&^k of UI 2.0 was introduced and it still winds me up whenever I try and use it.

That was at least half the game for me, trying to make that useless stock mech (most of them are really not designed for the game, and that is nothing to do with PGI, but the way they would work in the books) into something viable for me.

I've seen countless mech's with highly effective loadouts get huge damage, and then after spending half hour in mechlab I've taken it out to find it horrible! I've then gone back to what I liked, 2 hours wasted, but I loved it.
Now I play with the mechs I had already set up before the change over, and maybe write down a good looking config for later use. But after a few hours of team deathmatch in the same 5 mechs it does get a bit boring, especially as I have a lot lore than that available in the hanger.
I've taught myself to use it enough so that I can change things if I have to, but I don't do it for fun any more and that's my major problem.

Also, all the other forum pages on the new UI performance seem to be locked for some reason.

#8 Draal Kaan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 356 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:23 AM

Really? ....If so, very disappointing.

Wasn't something "Smurfy"-like promised?

#9 Dymlos2003

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:25 AM

Uh no? They just added something to the UI unless you forgot.

#10 Draal Kaan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 356 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:31 AM

View PostDymlos2003, on 07 May 2014 - 12:25 AM, said:

Uh no? They just added something to the UI unless you forgot.

Ah, that superb "Mech Details"?
Hm, sry, me wants more....:) And a few voices in my head are telling me most people do want it as well.

#11 Dymlos2003

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:32 AM

View PostDraal Kaan, on 07 May 2014 - 12:31 AM, said:

Ah, that superb "Mech Details"?
Hm, sry, me wants more.... :) And a few voices in my head are telling me most people do want it as well.

No they added a whole private match UI and changed the social tab. So I'm pretty sure they are still messing with the UI it's always going to be changing.

#12 and zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 461 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:00 AM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 06 May 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

I cannot help but notice that there is no pinned UI feedback thread for this latest patch. I think this is the third patch without any changes to the new UI. Do you consider the UI complete and functioning as intended at this point, or are you going to revisit the Mech Lab and other omissions in the future?

I hope not. The current UI is ******* pathetic. If you disagree, you are either a PGI fanboy or, more innocently, simply naive regarding efficient user interface design. And that is simply all there is to it.

Seriously, choose an action (find an engine, move a module, open and close friends list/message etc.) and take note of how many times you must needlessly move your mouse from one end of the screen to the other, how many times you must x out or click yes on stupid, redundant prompts etc. Its a god damn shameful mess. But hey, at least the color scheme is pretty.

#13 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:58 AM

View PostHarbinger Prime, on 06 May 2014 - 04:59 PM, said:

Yrs they do consider it finished please refer to the plan http://www.mwomercs.com/theplan#1

Don't listen to rubbish like this, though if you know how to read the page you can tell "the plan" doesn't say anywhere that the UI is finished.
That specific link says that the UI modifications needed to implement Community Warfare are done.
Meanwhile another page says that UI changes to implement the Clans are only 30% done, and UI changes to help integrate new players is at 0% while they working on training missions.

It's pretty obvious that the UI will have many changes made, only "when" is what we don't know.

#14 Harbinger Prime

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:15 AM

View PostShimmering Sword, on 07 May 2014 - 01:58 AM, said:

Don't listen to rubbish like this, though if you know how to read the page you can tell "the plan" doesn't say anywhere that the UI is finished.
That specific link says that the UI modifications needed to implement Community Warfare are done.
Meanwhile another page says that UI changes to implement the Clans are only 30% done, and UI changes to help integrate new players is at 0% while they working on training missions.

It's pretty obvious that the UI will have many changes made, only "when" is what we don't know.

UI is short for User Interface which if you see is noted as 100% completed

Posted Image

if you click on it, it will take you to this page, as can see everything concerning the U.I. is 100% completed even the store which has been broken and reported broken since the test and has yet to be fixed.

But if you think it is done then I can see that your/developers definition of 100% and the rest of the worlds are two different things.

Posted Image

Edited by Harbinger Prime, 07 May 2014 - 05:31 AM.

#15 Felbombling

• 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:11 AM

Dymlos, when I posed the question I was thinking more along the lines of what have they done lately with the user functionality, especially in the Mech Lab. They got scads of feedback telling them how they could improve upon what they originally came up with. I'm curious because the current stage of the UI is causing me pause when it comes to buying more Mech Credits or a Clan package. If they consider the Mech Lab done, I'm very disappointed. If not, they should tell us that they have more changes incoming and put 95% complete on all those subsections Harbinger pointed out.

#16 Harbinger Prime

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:39 AM

You are being very generous with that 95% I would put it more like 75 to 85% with the store at 50%.

#17 Uncleclint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:26 AM

UI 2.0 100% = me having spent money on this game 100%

#18 CCC Dober

• 1,881 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

If PGI considers anything 100% in regards to UI 2.0, then it must be the percentage of people being pissed off by the Mechlab.

#19 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

View PostDraal Kaan, on 07 May 2014 - 12:23 AM, said:

Really? ....If so, very disappointing.

Wasn't something "Smurfy"-like promised?

Click on Mech Details. There ya go.

#20 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:12 AM

Can't wait for the mech details layout to become interactive in mechlab.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users