#161 Mikhail Volodin

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 20 May 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors,

O Fortuna! Every battle is a chance to win or face demise.

Lady Luck is watching over us and we are warming the dice today with a new Firestarter Champion: Scorching through the battlefield with five medium lasers, shredding past enemy fire with twin-AMS, jump-jet and a swift 295 XL engine. Upping the ante at over 100 kph and named for the largest trebuchet of medieval Earth; The Loup de Guerre will do more than level a stone wall: It will leap over them with its Jump-Jets and stack the cards against defenders with its SSRMs, SRMs, Medium Pulse Lasers, BAP and AMS. Destiny is truly with Trebuchet owners, who will also get to enjoy our first art revision of icons and visual weapon customization on these Mechs.

The original 'War Wolf' may have surprised enemies into surrender, but such good fortune might not happen again today. With fate in mind, we also have five new hanging charms to decorate your cockpit. Unverified claims suggest they originate from mystical wildlife of five worlds far off in the periphery and provide magical benefits to their wearers. While no pixels were harmed in the creation of these accessories, such baubles may still seem exotic to those who take more inspiration from their roots. Many MechWarriors trace their lineage back to that place called Earth, and we have something for those who really feel proud of the place they call home: Thirty-five standing flags representing some of the top homes of our fans, with more to come down the line.

Serendipity moves us from International to Interface. The UI 2.X system has had several auspicious tweaks. Aside from a series of bug fixes, we have the addition of notes on Owned Mechs and the removal of the Shopping Cart Window until changes are made in the Mechlab. We're also taking some of the chance out of matchmaking wait-times with the introduction of a visual Launch indicator for the best weight class to pick.

With another stroke of luck, we have successfully enabled 3/3/3/3 with this patch. We will continue to monitor it as needed, but we are very hopeful for this iteration.

Whether you are a new recruit or simply looking to fill in your collection, we are fortunate to offer sale bundles highlighting each weight class with the Firestarter, Centurion, Cataphract and Stalker: 3 variants each, including a champion AND hero, their 'Mech Bays, 30 days of Premium Time, and more each for 50% off the normal price.

In the weeks to come, we hope to further your luck with ongoing work in improving matchmaking, gameplay, performance, information on Clans and more. In the meantime, please see the patch notes for more details on these packages and other changes.

May the stars smile on you,
Nikolai Lubkiewicz

So my question is. How long is too long. Some of us paid for premium time and personally I'd like to know are you going to give us all extra days for the tim ewe're wasting sitting in que for this "New" matchmaker system to work?

#162 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:00 PM

Hmm. How soon till we get "fixed" by reverting the matchmaker to safe mode again?

I'm not saying this is clearly lostech, but it's lostech.

#163 Nometh

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 20 May 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

Repost due to button mashing error: Alright everyone. Matchmaking numbers continued to spike with Rule of Three's. So we are adjusting this Class Limit to a maximum of 4s. This means any of the following variations of weight classing will be possible:

3/3/3/3
4/3/3/2
4/4/3/1
4/4/2/2
4/4/4

We are going to see how this works out, there remains a strong possibility we will have to further increase this maximum or altogether shut off the class limits and revert back to group limits in the interim, so please stay tuned here. We are playing by ear on this one as we build the data. Thanks again for standing by.

Actually I like this better than 3/3/3/3. And I think this was also suggested by some people as a possible alternative. Are you intending to keep it like this should it turn out to work satisfying?

#164 Troopie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 120 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

3:53 pm EDT started search, waited 9 minutes, stopped. No time for any match today.
1 medium, all game modes.

#165 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

Underwheliming yet again. You guys might want to take less holidays off. This is what we have come to expect from PGI. Niko should run the whole thing because we would probably get results. A little over a week until the Star Citizen dogfight module and you will start seeing less of many of us. Keep underwhelming and the entire player base will disappear.

#166 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

View PostZerberus, on 20 May 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

Not clan, more like lucky charms and nature trinkets, though some could possibly be viewed as both :)

Bear's Claw.. Coming from five planets far in the (Deep) Periphery?
PGI, i see what you did there B)
Posted Image

View PostKoniving, on 20 May 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

Funny indeed.

Now for an epic one.
Rules for playing the following will be at the bottom of this post for something quite epic and powerful. Do not, under any circumstances, press play on either one until reading the rules. Please follow the rules precisely for the best experience.

Number 1

Number 2.

Press play on Number 1 now. Immediately set the volume to 50% on Number 1. Watch the timer. When the timer hits 26 seconds, hit Play on Number 2. Immediately ensure that it is playing at 100% volume.

Begin visualizing a planetary invasion. Infantry skirmishing against Battle Armor that's leaping off of Clan mechs. Vehicles being chased by light mechs. Tanks duking it out with tanks and other mechs. Inner Sphere mechs scrambling to get out of their hangars.
People hiding in shelters and buildings too scared to leave, yet too curious to stay away from the windows when something so terribly foreign that it is alien stomps by.

Bask in the glory of the power of suggestion. Enjoy.

I'll bring this back for the Clan Invasion. ;)

For Kerensky.. You are the best of the best Konivig. I would vote you for another Star League award.. And i swear when the Clans invade i will make a video with that music and the Voice of Kerensky.. It will be the most epic thing you will have ever experienced :blink:

#167 Rise or Die

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 28 posts
  • Location91***

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:07 PM

Is there a bug with the matchmaker? Im searching for a match for 15 minutes now -_-'

#168 Hellen Wheels

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:09 PM

View PostJammerben87, on 20 May 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

Still Waiting.

Ditto. In the meantime, we can reminisce about what could have been....

Edited by Hellen Wheels, 20 May 2014 - 12:11 PM.

#169 Johan Krieger

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:10 PM

Dunno if anyone has pointed this out yet, but the new firestarter champion does not have a buy button, nor is it listed in the champion mech list. I've confirmed this with multiple other clan members.

#170 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:10 PM

Nice patch, was not expecting any big changes to go live with the tournament going on as it would be veyr bad PR for them to break their own tournament.

I am still waiting for a medium mech that can match the HBK for agility but pack more then two M hardpoints... But that Treb look tasty but it is way to clumsy for it to work.

More cockpit items are always fun.

#171 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:11 PM

View PostRise or Die, on 20 May 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

Is there a bug with the matchmaker? Im searching for a match for 15 minutes now -_-'

Of course there is... did you expect anything more? Either sell your rights to MWO and enjoy the profits or stick a fork in the game, PGI. Please! Stop teasing people with the potential and constantly disappointing.

View PostJohan Krieger, on 20 May 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

Dunno if anyone has pointed this out yet, but the new firestarter champion does not have a buy button, nor is it listed in the champion mech list. I've confirmed this with multiple other clan members.

Again... did you expect anything more?

Edited by IceCase88, 20 May 2014 - 12:12 PM.

#172 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:11 PM

View PostLobotomite, on 20 May 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

I always think about one thing when I'm in the forums: do the devs laugh as much as I do reading these rants? lmfao

Some people really think they are the center of the universe and reality can only perceived as they do because they know everything and do also consider it all at the same time.

Before I'm flamed for the wrong reasons: I do think this game lacks some things, and I'm long enough here to know enough about suspensions.

Hate me now. Or enjoy playing MWO. Cheers and have a nice day.

You sir are awesome

Posted Image

#173 Argent Usher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

Hanging - Lucky Charms
  • Bear Claw (reduced wait times 20%)
  • Rabbit's Foot (reduced wait times 40%)
  • Shark Tooth (reduced wait times 60%)
  • Wish Bone (reduced wait times 80%)
  • Four Leaf Clover (reduced wait times 100%)

#174 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

View PostAlexEss, on 20 May 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

Nice patch, was not expecting any big changes to go live with the tournament going on as it would be veyr bad PR for them to break their own tournament.

Changes to matchmaker wont hurt the tournament because it uses private matches and not the matchmaker.

#175 Modred

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCanada, GTA

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:15 PM

Anyone else have issues with the new patch, just searching and not finding a match?

#176 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

View PostAdridos, on 20 May 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

Visual customization, everyone:

Posted Image

Oh my god, this patch is one of the worst I have ever seen

#177 Eddrick

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

A fixed grouping structure like 3/3/3/3. Closely, resembles the grouping structure for MMORPGs. They have popular and unpopular slots, too. The popular slots take 15 minutes to fill because they vastly outnumber the others.

E for effort on trying the 4 alternative. But, I still think you would be pulling a miracle out of your rear to keep wait times under 5 minutes. MMORPGs can't keep wait times that short with the simlar system they use.

#178 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:20 PM

To the people claiming that "lore" supports lances of similar or identical mechs: YOU ARE WRONG.

Please enjoy the composition of the Black Widow Company as an example of your WRONGNESS (thank you SARNA):

3031 Black Widow Battalion Composition[2]

#179 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:20 PM

LOVIN THE 3/3/3/3! Great job PGI! Now time to buy some premium time and play the beck out of some medium mechs!

#180 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostIqfish, on 20 May 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

Oh my god, this patch is one of the worst I have ever seen

Just wait till they get around to adding variable geometry to Cicadas. :)

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users